PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas, Eldar to Dark Eldar Support battery weapons

ChobitsCrazy
12-09-2013, 03:27
Hey I want to break out my old Dark Eldar, but I don't really want to use them as Dark Eldar because the Eldar codex is way better at this point in time. I made a guardian list, but I wanted to use the support batteries, though Dark Eldar don't really have those. So I was wondering if anyone could throw some ideas out there for a cheap conversion, don't really want to spend near $25 per weapon.

Thanks!

Seerpath
12-09-2013, 05:14
Just use them as allies. Eldar HQs can be fairly cheap (Autarch) and you can still set up some sort of defense that compliments your Dark Eldar units.

jsullivanlaw
12-09-2013, 08:01
I'd second using Dark Eldar with Eldar allies. Except get a farseer for the HQ, and put him in a 20 man warrior squad with a haemonculus. The farseer will compliment your shooting and the haemi gives the big squad feel no pain. A farseer and a haemi generally run about the same price as a single tooled up archon. As far as conversions, I might suggest going to one of those cheap plastic jewelry shops you see at Malls, that cater to the young girls. Get some fake plastic gems and use them as a focal point on the send of some gun looking thing or make a tube with plasticard. You could slice up some old jet bikes or something for a base. How good it will look will depend on what you got spare in your bitz box.