PDA

View Full Version : chaos lord, how effective a build

Lance Tankmen
12-09-2013, 19:58
ok so i generally play armies because of a single character. my chaos lords build will be the following.

chaos lord
+4 ward save
dawnstone
helm of many eyes
deamon blade
im torn between MoK and MoN
shield
and when able mounted on a manticore.

this gives him a 2+ rerollable AS,+4 WS, D6+3 Attacks ASF. MoK making it d6+4 but nurgle has promise.

only down side i see is i reroll attacks and any 1's cant be rerolled so i could see myself hitting myself like 5 times... but i should be able to block all the damage with my Armour

Knifeparty
12-09-2013, 20:09
The lord that I see most used is

Mark of Tzeentch
Great Weapon
Disk of Tzeentch
Talisman of Preservation
Crown of Command
Scaled Skin
Soul Feeder
Third Eye of Tzeentch

He basically just flies into units and holds them up all day by being stubborn and really, really hard to kill.

I Am Forsaken
13-09-2013, 03:35
I like the concept of the daemonblade (really miss it from the new CSM dex) but I can never justify using it as the points come from gifts not weapons.

My Khorne Lord build in case you're interested is

Lord, MoK, Juggernaught, Soul Feeder, Flaming Breath, Hellfire Sword, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Endurance.

Comes in at 415 off the top of my head and gives him 1+ armour, 5+ ward, first hit discarded on 2+.

Hellfire sword is my personal choice, but you could always swap out to +3 Str or Att sword for 5pts less.

Baluc
13-09-2013, 22:24
Chaos Lord
barded chaos steed, hellfire sword, Helm of Many Eyes, flaming breath, soul feeder
Mark of Khorne

ASF + Re-rolls, s6 no armour d3 wounds, plus more attacks, basically the only way he can die is killing blow. As even getting him down to 1 wound I'm going to then roll 6 attacks, and 2d6 attacks to get my wounds back. Say goodbye to steadfast

Sexiest_hero
13-09-2013, 22:38
Chaos lord, charmed shield, mantacore. That is all, that way you can fit in a lvl 3 And he can cruise with the chimeras.

Soundwave
14-09-2013, 14:33
The lord that I see most used is

Mark of Tzeentch
Great Weapon
Disk of Tzeentch
Talisman of Preservation
Crown of Command
Scaled Skin
Soul Feeder
Third Eye of Tzeentch

He basically just flies into units and holds them up all day by being stubborn and really, really hard to kill.

This is my identical build yet i place him in a warrior unit and i dropped his scaled skin 3++ plus re/roll is enough protection i feel and i like scaled skin for my bsb or sorcerer.:D Cheapish and nastyish.

Commissar Merces
14-09-2013, 14:47
MoS
flaming breath
potion of strength
dragon helm
shield
sword of swift slaying
steed of slaanesh
dawnstone

Come in at a manageable 330 points, though the dawnstone may be discarded for a talisman of preservation when need be. This guy just goes about his business with the hellstriders with 375 brake horsepower if you will. Yes his unit is fragile, but they only really have to deliver him. Usually I run this with a chimera as well so its a bit of a dual threat. Also, those two breath weapon alpha strikes are tasty.

MyNameDidntFit
14-09-2013, 14:51
I use my Sorcerer Lord for combat. It's great, no-one ever sees it coming.

Sorcerer Lord of Slaanesh
Level 4 [Lore of Slaanesh]
Talisman of Preservation
Enchanted Shield
Ogre Blade
Potion of Speed
Hideous Visage
Allure of Slaanesh
Chaos Familiar

Akkaryn
17-09-2013, 10:16
Lord
Bloodshed sword
Home
Ots
Juggy

9 asf attacks at s5 . Plus Juggy. Run With skullcrushers with lances. That way if you end up playing elves the unit will still get smashed by the rank and file.