PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Infantry Empire. Tear me appart!

elite_dannux
04-06-2006, 22:30
Ok my last army had some really serious flaws in it so i remade it. This is how it looks now.

Any comments are welcome!

Elector Count
Fullplate, Greatweapon, Holy Relic, Icon of Magnus
173pts

BSB
Armour of Meteoriciron, Sword of Might
125pts

(these 2 goes with the 2 infantryblocks and add a little more punch to them)

Wizard lvl2 Fire
Rod of Power
105pts

(mostly defensive wizard where the rod of power makes him more powerful in the long term over 2 dispelscrolls)

Greatswords x24
Full Command, Warbanner
->Halberdiers x9
->Handgunners x5
437pts

(deployed 5x5 or 6x4. the ec goes with this unit so that it becomes immune to fear)

Swordsmen x24
Full Command, Griffonbanner
->Halberdiers x10
->Handgunners x5
343pts

(second main fighting unit. deployed 4x6. griffonbanner added to this unit to make it thougher.)

Handgunners x10
Music
->Handgunners x5
125pts

(musician added to make it easier to rally.)

Knights x6
Music
146pts

Knights x6
Music
146pts

(to supporting flankers/magehunters. large enough to take a casualty or two without losing too much power.
is 5 knights with a musician and a champion better than just 6 knights and a musician?)

Cannon x2
200pts

Mortar
75pst

Volleygun
125pts

(some hard hitting artillery to counter the most types of enemies)

TOTAL:2000pts

LemonPotato
05-06-2006, 10:03
Looks to me like a really sound list, in my opinion though ranged detachments are not worth having at all. I would take the gunners off and make the halberdiers 14 and 15 respectively.

Also I think that 2 units of knights is a bit much, the artillery can guard one flank while a unit of knights can guard the other so what is this second unit for?

I would also suggest changing the second knight unit for 6 pitoliers with marksmen and repeater pistol. These can easily slow march moves and give you artillery another priceless turn of shooting.

Keep the ranged detachment on the gunner unit as this can be very annoying for an opponent.

This is a good list and I hope my feedback helps,

LemonPotato

elite_dannux
05-06-2006, 10:38
i have already used up all my special slots, thats why i have the second unit of knights.

the handgunners are there just for one reason: i bought 30 VERY nicly painted models on ebay. they just look too good to be left out! :)

Kedlav
05-06-2006, 14:15
TBH, don't need 2x cannon, 1x Mortar, Volleygun, 25 gunners. If against horde, leave a cannon at home, if against tough guys, leave the mortar at home. It frees a slot and some points, allowing either GS or pistoliers, again depending on opponent.

elite_dannux
06-06-2006, 08:05
i have made some small changes.

i have made one handgunner detachment into a archer unit so that i can screen the greatswords. i have also dropped one greatsword so that i could upgrade one unit of knights into a unit of white wolfes.

btw would it be worth it to drop the sword of might and 3 halberdiers to make all the cav inner circle? that would be 12 S4 attack + bonus instead of 3S4 Halberds and 3S5 BSB attacks.

Elector Count
Fullplate, Greatweapon, Holy Relic, Icon of Magnus
173pts

BSB
Armour of Meteoriciron,
105pts

(these 2 goes with the 2 infantryblocks and add a little more punch to them)

Wizard lvl1
Rod of Power
105pts

(mostly defensive wizard where the rod of power makes him more powerful in the long term over 2 dispelscrolls)

Greatswords x23
Full Command, Warbanner
->Halberdiers x8
->Handgunners x5
419pts

(deployed 6x4. the ec goes with this unit so that it becomes immune to fear)

Swordsmen x24
Full Command, Griffonbanner
->Halberdiers x8
->Handgunners x5
331pts

(second main fighting unit. deployed 4x6. griffonbanner added to this unit to make it thougher.)

Handgunners x10
Music
->Archers x5
125pts

(musician added to make it easier to rally.Archers will screen the greatswords from
deadly warmashines like boltthrowers and their like.)

White Wolfes x6
Music, Inner Circle
176pts

Knights x6
Music, Inner Circle
164pts

(to supporting flankers/magehunters. large enough to take a casualty or two without losing too much power.
is 5 knights with a musician and a champion better than just 6 knights and a musician?)

Cannon x2
200pts

Mortar
75pst

Volleygun
125pts

(some hard hitting artillery to counter the most types of enemies)

TOTAL: 1998pts