PDA

View Full Version : Warlord Titan: Old School or Modern?

Rolsheen
13-09-2013, 09:59
It's been rumoured that Forgeworld are currently working on a 40k scale Warlord Titan for release in 2015 in time for Horus Heresy Book VII: Mars. Do you think it should be modeled after the original epic version ( curved armour like the Mars pattern Warhound ) or the newer version ( blocky armour like Lucius pattern Warhound )?
Also hopefully there going to release the Volcano Cannon, Quake Cannon and Vortex Support Missile at the same time, I can't believe they still havn't released the Volcano and Vortex for the Reaver.

Reflex
13-09-2013, 10:04
newer version... more awesome

Apologist
13-09-2013, 10:08
Much like the Warhound and the Reaver, I imagine they'll combine the best bits from both. While the original Beetleback is showing its age in terms of the limitations of the plastic sculpt, it is a classic design that's distinctively different from most giant robots on the market, like Battletech etc. I'd be sorry to see the aesthetic lost completely, even though I like the Lucius pattern very much.

daveNYC
13-09-2013, 10:42
A Forgeworld Warlord... what would that run, about $1k?

Lord Damocles
13-09-2013, 11:23
If the book is set on Mars, the Mars pattern would seem to make more sense.

If they were to stick with a similar mounting for the carapace weapons, it would also make selling individual weapons easier.

Dreachon
13-09-2013, 11:36
Their warhound and Reaver are both mars patterns so that is the direction they will likely go for, for a view of what a more modern mars pattern looks like you should check the first apocalypse rulebook as that has a mars pattern warlord drawing.
You can expect it to look a lot like that one.

Nazguire
13-09-2013, 11:44
I think the newer version looks far more awesome and feasible then…whatever the older thing is meant to be.

williamsond
13-09-2013, 12:25
Old pattern much more pleasing to the eye and less of a rgular robot shape.

Fear Ghoul
13-09-2013, 12:48
I think the oldschool paint scheme is cooler, but the newer design aesthetic seems more appropriate.

daveNYC
13-09-2013, 12:50
If they produce two different sets of shoulders and shins, then they could leave the main portion the same and more or less cover both variants.

BTJ
13-09-2013, 12:55
Well as said all their more recent titans are Mars Pattern, so I'd assume that's what they'll do with this one too, so that all their Titans are similar when stood side-by-side

IcedCrow
13-09-2013, 13:30
A Forgeworld Warlord... what would that run, about $1k?

At least. Probably $1000 for the body not counting the arms.

Wishing
13-09-2013, 13:37
When FW made the first 40k Warhound, it was in the modern boxy futuristic ("Lucius") style, and then they later made a ("Mars") design that was much more similar to the classic beetleback style. Like apologist says, I think they will try to make a new "Mars" design that doesn't abandon the beetleback design completely, as the boxy design does, but updates it and makes it look sleek and cool.

I am personally a huge fan of the beetleback and hate the Lucius style with a passion, FWIW.

Radu Lykan
13-09-2013, 15:17
They better make it mars pattern, my reaver is mars and if I am ever crazy enough to spend that sort of cash on forge world again then I want them to match

silentsmoke
13-09-2013, 21:51
Mars pattern, so it will go along with all other FW titans. And the pattern looks great!

Jackmojo
13-09-2013, 22:18
I'd certainly prefer a Mars Pattern in line with the Reaver, I'm super happy with how they updated the old deisng on that one and look forward to a Warlord getting the same treatment.

Also the boxy shape is far easier to make at home so I'd prefer something more impressive.

MajorWesJanson
13-09-2013, 22:21
Last I talked to him, Will Hayes was basing it on the beetle-back design. I'm not a big fan of the beetleback personally, but given how well he improved the Warhound from the spiky dog, and made the Reaver look functional, I have high hopes for it to look good.

And if there is a princeps in a tank or female princeps option, I take credit for mentioning those as possibilities to him :D

Wishing
14-09-2013, 00:07
Last I talked to him, Will Hayes was basing it on the beetle-back design. I'm not a big fan of the beetleback personally, but given how well he improved the Warhound from the spiky dog, and made the Reaver look functional, I have high hopes for it to look good.

Excellent news! :D

Nazerth
14-09-2013, 00:36
I prefer the Lucius pattern titans in general, they have that blocky Imperial look to every angle, but I believe FW will be making a Mars pattern one. Not to worry, they know what they are doing and will make their version a crapton better than the original looks. I think my main problem is how short the torso is and how bulbous the shoulders are. But if the Mars Reaver is something to go by, they will remedy those problems in the most awesome way possible.

Kakapo42
14-09-2013, 05:55
Mars pattern all the way. If they make it look like the centrepiece of this image (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/d/d1/WarpRunners.jpg) I will be very happy.

ForgottenLore
14-09-2013, 07:00
Wow, I am very surprised. I thought I was about the only person in the world who preferred the beetleback design over the newer version. I am very gratified that I am not alone and if FW does one like that I will look forward to it.

ForgottenLore
14-09-2013, 07:10
Their warhound and Reaver are both mars patterns so that is the direction they will likely go for, for a view of what a more modern mars pattern looks like you should check the first apocalypse rulebook as that has a mars pattern warlord drawing.
You can expect it to look a lot like that one.

Do you have a page number for that? I just looked and all the warlord pictures I could find are definitely the newer, blocky design.

Dreachon
14-09-2013, 09:19
Do you have a page number for that? I just looked and all the warlord pictures I could find are definitely the newer, blocky design.

Look at page 124, the armorplate reveal it to be mars, it also mtahces pefectly to the old mk II warlord for epic which was also a mars pattern.
I do fully expect FW to change patrs of it to make it fall even more in lines with the other but it's shoulder guns will likely have the same kind of turret as the reaver will.

Apologist
14-09-2013, 10:13
You might look to the Black Library Horus Heresy covers for some ideas of how an updated Warlord might look. They pop up on The Primarchs collection, I think. They're also the subject for one of the audio books.

Dreachon
14-09-2013, 10:40
I'd be cautious with using the BL covers, it varies widly.

Mojaco
14-09-2013, 11:11
The modern version, easily the better one. The old model looks like a guy (and a dorky on at that), it has no sense of being something massive. The modern version looks far more intimitating, earning the label "god machine".

FW will know what their doing. And I'm not buying it anyway as I built my own, so don't care :)

MarkNorfolk
14-09-2013, 11:28
Beetleback back all the way. The modern one looks like it strolled out of a game of Battletech after they stopped borrowing the Robotech designs.

Cheers
Mark

Shibboleth
14-09-2013, 11:49
Beetleback Jack.
It's more 40K.

El_Machinae
14-09-2013, 12:51
I feel the Lucius exudes more power.

Gazak Blacktoof
14-09-2013, 12:56
The Mechanicum units released so far have curved carapaces. It helps give the Mechanicum units a consistent style that's markedly different from Imperial units.

I'd expect a Mars pattern curvy warlord.

Sir Didymus
14-09-2013, 13:27
No school like the old school :)

Beppo1234
14-09-2013, 17:14
I like both. The Lucius Warlord is cool, but that design aesthetic didn't translate well over to the reaver or warhound. The mars reaver and warhound are ace, both the original epic versions and the forgeworld. I'd be very interested in seeing what an updated beetleback would look like, with the forgeworld mars pattern updated aesthetic. As others have said, titans that match in design aesthetic look better as a group.

ForgottenLore
14-09-2013, 18:32
Look at page 124, the armorplate reveal it to be mars, it also mtahces pefectly to the old mk II warlord for epic which was also a mars pattern.
I do fully expect FW to change patrs of it to make it fall even more in lines with the other but it's shoulder guns will likely have the same kind of turret as the reaver will.

Yeah, no. That is definitely the newer design, not a beetleback. It doesn't have any of the signature curves at all and instead has the big flat plates. In fact, that is pretty much the picture I think of when someone mentions the new design.

BrianC
14-09-2013, 19:10
If its for the book on Mars then it'll be Mars pattern. Shame its not coming out for Christmas next year as I had Warhounds last year and a Reaver for this year.

salamandercaptain
14-09-2013, 19:55
Old school- preferably with the round multi launchers also :-)

Definitely think there are two markets now:

Kiddies- sell them as many plastic things as possible, NOW!!

Vets late 20's up: sell WH30k stuff which is like 90's 40k but upscaled to 28mm and like crack cocaine.

Fear Ghoul
14-09-2013, 23:02

Definitely think there are two markets now:

Kiddies- sell them as many plastic things as possible, NOW!!

Vets late 20's up: sell WH30k stuff which is like 90's 40k but upscaled to 28mm and like crack cocaine.

The Lucius pattern is from the 90's.

Wishing
14-09-2013, 23:36
Beetleback back all the way. The modern one looks like it strolled out of a game of Battletech after they stopped borrowing the Robotech designs.

Agreed. It totally looks like it belongs to a different universe, something more hard sci-fi as opposed to 40k's gothic space fantasy.

40k Titans should be bedecked in banners, pennants, giant chains with purity seals and trophies hanging off them. I get that vibe from the beetleback, and nothing at all like that from the Lucius.

Azazyll
14-09-2013, 23:38
I also hope they combine the two. I like the curvy lines of the old beetleback, but I prefer the weight of the lucius. Extend the mars pattern and bulk up the part under the shoulders and I'd be happy.

Not that I would ever spend that kind of money on a mini, and where would I put it anyway?

Inquisitor Engel
15-09-2013, 00:39
I think their update of a curved-body, Mars-pattern Warlord would look amazing, for me the squarer "Lucius" pattern Warlord will always be THE warlord, thanks mainly to the excellent graphic novels.

I can see Forge World combining the more modern shape of the "Lucius" with the curves of the "Mars" pattern. I definitely prefer the Mars pattern Warhounds. Given the excellent combination approach they took with the Mars pattern Reaver, I think it'll knock our socks off regardless.

Rolsheen
15-09-2013, 02:56

And if there is a princeps in a tank or female princeps option, I take credit for mentioning those as possibilities to him :D

Best news ever.

MajorWesJanson
15-09-2013, 05:06

Unless plans changed, the Warlord is going to share weapons with the Reaver, so the current weapons are likely to be on the Warlord, including the carapace missile launcher. Other carapace mounts will be more modular, with a main body, mantlet that can elevate, then weapon in the front and ammo/power pack in back. No clue if it will actually be modular, or just share a design.

If I had to guess, they are waiting on more titan weapons to release them with the Warlord. We still need the other carapace mounts (Turbolaser and Plasma carapace are popular, VMB would be useful, Inferno blastgun could probably wait a while) And some of the missing arm weapons (Volcano cannon, maybe a Plasma Destructor, Quake Cannon, and a Titan Chainfist would look cool as an alternate to the power fist)

Mr Zoat
15-09-2013, 08:07
We could always compromise:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111017012633/warhammer40k/images/thumb/a/aa/Warlord_Mk_1_Variant.jpg/155px-Warlord_Mk_1_Variant.jpg

Lucius just doesn't look 40k enough.

Mr_Rose
15-09-2013, 14:37
I'm not particularly bothered which existing pattern it looks like, as long as they don't screw up and make something terrible like the Epic 40,000 Eldar Titans. You know, the bulky ones with the weird raised lines all over them. Infernal things looked like the Adeptus Mechanicus trying to copy a real Eldar vehicle.

That said, I'm actually more interested in the return of some of the more interesting "weapons" of yesteryear. Like the Barrage Missile Launcher, Carapace Landing Pad, and Corvus Assault Pod.

kilkrazy
15-09-2013, 15:10
Best school is old school.
The Lucius looks like a cheap knock off, of every other giant robot out there.
Easy to weld square bits than curve it. Guess the mec have lost that tech
Im hoping for something in the middle.

Rolsheen
24-09-2013, 09:11
At least. Probably $1000 for the body not counting the arms.

I'm thinking maybe $1200 for body going on estimated size.

Rolsheen
24-09-2013, 09:15
Unless plans changed, the Warlord is going to share weapons with the Reaver, so the current weapons are likely to be on the Warlord, including the carapace missile launcher. Other carapace mounts will be more modular, with a main body, mantlet that can elevate, then weapon in the front and ammo/power pack in back. No clue if it will actually be modular, or just share a design.

If I had to guess, they are waiting on more titan weapons to release them with the Warlord. We still need the other carapace mounts (Turbolaser and Plasma carapace are popular, VMB would be useful, Inferno blastgun could probably wait a while) And some of the missing arm weapons (Volcano cannon, maybe a Plasma Destructor, Quake Cannon, and a Titan Chainfist would look cool as an alternate to the power fist)

We really need the Volcano cannon and the Vortex Support Missile, so I can make my Fire Support Reaver.

silentsmoke
24-09-2013, 09:40
Remember the old school Fire Wasps stories in Titanicus, where I got my love from. Mars Pattern...enough said...
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/silentsmoke13/FireWaspsTitans3.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/silentsmoke13/media/FireWaspsTitans3.jpg.html)

The Clairvoyant
24-09-2013, 13:31
Definitely prefer the old one. I remember the new one when it was first shown in WD and I thought it looked terrible. Of course back then, none of us took warlords as the reactor was on the front rather than the back (like on the reaver and imperator) - knock down void shields with Ball shot from the great gargant, then fire everything at the warlords reactor (or just chain shot it from the slasha gargant). I really need to play epic again!

MarkNorfolk
24-09-2013, 13:52
Definitely prefer the old one. I remember the new one when it was first shown in WD and I thought it looked terrible. Of course back then, none of us took warlords as the reactor was on the front rather than the back (like on the reaver and imperator) - knock down void shields with Ball shot from the great gargant, then fire everything at the warlords reactor (or just chain shot it from the slasha gargant). I really need to play epic again!

That was the way...although the ability to pack 4 volcano cannons on one titan was usually too good to pass up.

Much as I'd like to see a 40k scale Warlord, the price would mean I would never own one.

Cheers
Mark

Starchild
24-09-2013, 17:18
newer version... more awesome

Are you serious? You actually like Tim Adcock's abominable titans? The models that killed Epic when most players refused to buy them?

Forgeworld: Leave rubbish Battletech designs out of 40k please.

Inquisitor Engel
24-09-2013, 20:19
Are you serious? You actually like Tim Adcock's abominable titans? The models that killed Epic when most players refused to buy them?

They can look so awesome though: 178807

Blackadder makes this thing look spectacular. http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?335784-Blackadder-WIP-Warlord-Titan/page49

Jackmojo
25-09-2013, 01:09
Not even in competition with this though:

Fear Ghoul
25-09-2013, 01:48

I think the Epic 40k rules had a lot more to do with Epic dying than any individual model. After all, most of the (then) current fanbase that wanted Warlords would have already owned several of the Mars pattern.

EDIT: I've always thought that the Lucius would look much cooler if people didn't insist on painting it in such drab monotone colours. Give it flames and banners all over the place like the older versions and it looks pretty sexy.

Inquisitor Engel
25-09-2013, 05:40
Not even in competition with this though:

While this is impressive, at this sale, it just looks weird and out of proportion to me. I get the dislike of the Lucius pattern, but I love it. It was the first Titan I ever saw and one of the first inspiring images I saw when I started playing 40k.

Do I think Forge World could combine the two and make something better than both? Absolutely.

Wishing
25-09-2013, 07:24
I've always thought that the Lucius would look much cooler if people didn't insist on painting it in such drab monotone colours.

But the reason people paint it like that is specifically because it looks like a battletech model rather than a 40k model, which makes the drab monotone look more natural on it.

I get the dislike of the Lucius pattern, but I love it. It was the first Titan I ever saw and one of the first inspiring images I saw when I started playing 40k.

I suspect that the design a person prefers has a lot to do with which design that person happened to see first. :) When I originally started the hobby, my first citadel painting guide had a picture of the beetleback warlord (without carapace weapons for some reason) painted in the griffon-themed legion colours (yellow and light grey), and it was love at first sight.

Mr_Rose
25-09-2013, 08:01
It wasn't the imperial titans that killed epic anyway, it was the bizarre and terrible "Eldar" ones that had struts and rivets and junk all over. The ones that everyone tries to forget ever existed.

Kakapo42
25-09-2013, 08:03
Oddly enough, I actually saw the Lucius pattern one first (way way back when there was a picture of one in the intro page to 40k on GW's website, I think it would have been around 2003-4ish). Funnily enough I first thought it was a 40k scale miniature of some walker that wasn't a titan (as I did not know about epic or titans just yet). I still want them to do the Mars pattern instead however, if nothing else it would probably fit better with the 'hunchback' look the other Imperial titan models on Forgeworld have.

Rolsheen
25-09-2013, 10:51
Remember the old school Fire Wasps stories in Titanicus, where I got my love from. Mars Pattern...enough said...
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt29/silentsmoke13/FireWaspsTitans3.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/silentsmoke13/media/FireWaspsTitans3.jpg.html)

Very nice, here's a WIP pic of my Fire Wasps

AndrewGPaul
25-09-2013, 19:19
I suspect that the design a person prefers has a lot to do with which design that person happened to see first. :)

I started Epic with Space Marine in 1990, but I still prefer the Epic 40,000/Armageddon one (not a Lucius pattern, by the way; the similarly-styled Reaver and Warhound are Lucius-pattern machines, but that Warlord is specifically named as a Mars-pattern Warlord Titan). Mine will be in blue and bronze in Warp Runners colours. Probably with flames, too. I like the concept of the "beetleback" Warlord, but the actual execution is too crude. An updated one, with some actual structure under the carapace would be nice.

When I originally started the hobby, my first citadel painting guide had a picture of the beetleback warlord (without carapace weapons for some reason)

Because in 1st edition, those carapace weapons (or rather, the weapon hardpoints) cost points, and weighed your titan down. You could have fast, lightly-armed machines, with a 20cm move, 2 or 3 void shields and only arm weapons, a standard Warlord with a 15cm move, 6 void shields and four weapons or a speed 10 gunboat with 8 shields and mounting multiple super-heavy weapons (macro-cannon, defense lasers, missiles).

silentsmoke
25-09-2013, 19:24
Very nice, here's a WIP pic of my Fire Wasps
Very nice!

corps
25-09-2013, 20:04
the one of the right is warmonger not a warlord per see but a siege specialist warlord.

Torga_DW
25-09-2013, 21:39
I still prefer the beetlebacks, myself. The new ones look technically proficient in design, but are just too 'vanilla battletech type' for my liking.

cuda1179
25-09-2013, 21:49
Many of the Titan legions have titans that came from other Forgeworlds. Every so often they come across a battle-damaged on and refurbish it. I doubt they would just let it sit there just because it came from a different ForgeWorld. I also doubt that they would so easily give it back to the original owner either. In that way I would not be surprised if a single Titan legion contained titans from several different Forgeworlds.

Also, forgeworlds gain and loose STC data all the time. They may prefer one design, but by necessity they produce another.

Wishing
25-09-2013, 23:26
Because in 1st edition, those carapace weapons (or rather, the weapon hardpoints) cost points, and weighed your titan down. You could have fast, lightly-armed machines, with a 20cm move, 2 or 3 void shields and only arm weapons, a standard Warlord with a 15cm move, 6 void shields and four weapons or a speed 10 gunboat with 8 shields and mounting multiple super-heavy weapons (macro-cannon, defense lasers, missiles).

Aha! I did not know that. :)

AndrewGPaul
26-09-2013, 07:46
the one of the right is warmonger not a warlord per see but a siege specialist warlord.

Which picture are you referring to? The one above you has two Warhounds and a Reaver.

In any case, the Warmonger is an Emperor Titan - the plastic Imperator with new weapons - and was a long-range fire support vehicle, not a siege unit.

Kakapo42
26-09-2013, 07:54
Of course another benefit to going with the Mars pattern is that it would then be easier to convert into a Banelord...

Sinisterfence
26-09-2013, 17:50
I was confused when you said 'new'. I've been in this hobby for almost 20 years now and that blocky Warlord's been there as long as I can remember, hell I think it's one of the things that attracted me to the hobby!

corps
26-09-2013, 18:31
sorry i was describing the firts two pictures. the green one is the warmonger. i m not sure if i can give the link but it well decribe in the lexicanum. Plus having played "titans legion" one of the last article of the white dwarf of this years was about the warmonger. it was one of the ast release for this game.

corps
26-09-2013, 18:32
it s a siege specialist. sorry double post

AndrewGPaul
26-09-2013, 23:24
No, this is a Warmonger (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Emperor_Titan#The_Warmonger):

That Warp Runners Warlord in the OP is a "Warlord class, Nemesis variant" with two defence lasers and two multi-launchers (Adeptus Titanicus). The green one is a "Warlord class Battle Titan, Mars Pattern, Standard Weapon Configuration" (Epic Armageddon, page 102).

corps
27-09-2013, 00:12
My bad and appologies. you are right.

Torga_DW
27-09-2013, 03:00
I was confused when you said 'new'. I've been in this hobby for almost 20 years now and that blocky Warlord's been there as long as I can remember, hell I think it's one of the things that attracted me to the hobby!

Lol, don't say that. You've just made me realize i'm old :( (cranky i already knew about). ;)

WLBjork
27-09-2013, 07:50
I've always considered the pintle-mounted weapons to be on the advanced side for the 40k setting, so I hope for something almost as flexible without the "flimsy" appearance I see in the Beetlebacks.

However, I hope that GW/FW keep much of the the old variety (and flexibility) of weapons choices - pretty sure the Reaver should have more than it does.

MajorWesJanson
27-09-2013, 14:08
I've always considered the pintle-mounted weapons to be on the advanced side for the 40k setting, so I hope for something almost as flexible without the "flimsy" appearance I see in the Beetlebacks.

However, I hope that GW/FW keep much of the the old variety (and flexibility) of weapons choices - pretty sure the Reaver should have more than it does.

It would be cool if they brought back some of the epic upgrades- carapace multilasers could be updated to be punisher cannons. Fire Control tower would be nice, trade a carapace weapon for increased range and BS. Devotional Bell to give say a 36" radius Adamantium Will and morale buff.

Jackmojo
28-09-2013, 00:47
We've house ruled a lot of those in Apocalypse over the years (I mean its apoc...house rules were basically required in the 4th edition version of t)

Rolsheen
28-09-2013, 02:39
It would be cool if they brought back some of the epic upgrades- carapace multilasers could be updated to be punisher cannons. Fire Control tower would be nice, trade a carapace weapon for increased range and BS. Devotional Bell to give say a 36" radius Adamantium Will and morale buff.

Maybe the Fire Control tower could give them night vision as well

Kaiserdean
28-09-2013, 03:45
I kind of like the older one because it doesn't look like something from Battletech. Even it it's a bit awkward, I think having original design/style is important.

Rolsheen
04-10-2013, 04:33
Forgeworld has just increased the prices of all the Titans

MajorWesJanson
04-10-2013, 12:59
Forgeworld has just increased the prices of all the Titans

It looks like guns went up about 4-5 pounds, Warhound went up 15, and Reaver went up 25. So some, but only about 4-5% total.

Ghazhkull
04-10-2013, 20:18
I think they'll take a good, hard look at the sales numbers of the Warhound variants and end up with a Mars pattern version like with the Reaver.
The Titans are a breed apart from the Astartes and the Guard. They are war-gods and not just your run-of-the-mill-Guard-tanks-on-legs, so they need to look the part. For that, you need them to resemble armour-clad heroes rather than klunkety propped-up tanks. We have orks for that.

Ghazhkull
04-10-2013, 20:33
I certainly hope they will put special effort into the interior. If (and when) I'll be buying the brute, I'm hoping to spend hours detailing the interior and have more to do than splashing some paint on the driver of my bare-bones Ork Battle fortress.

Commissar Davis
05-10-2013, 00:03
I'm torn, I like both. I personally hope that both patterns are released.

MajorWesJanson
05-10-2013, 12:02
I would expect a Lucius Reaver and Warlock Titan before they got around to a Lucius Warlord. Maybe an Ork Gargant and Nid Hydraphant as well.

suprememidgetoverlord
05-10-2013, 14:06
On one of the forge world book 2 preview page, you can see 2 reaver titans, and none of them have missile launchers on top.

Maybe they have already begun work on the warlord, with weapons compatible with the reavers top weapon point. I think it was different to the 2 arm points from the reaver, and need a specific fitting to go on the top weapon point.

Maybe they are just conversions, but they will need to be done anyways once the warlord is out. If they want it within 2 years they must have started, I remember reading somewhere it would take a year just to sculpt it, add in other production times and you know someone has this giant beast on his desk right now.

I'm also surprised how many have said they prefer the beetle back version, it's mine too.

MajorWesJanson
05-10-2013, 15:05
On one of the forge world book 2 preview page, you can see 2 reaver titans, and none of them have missile launchers on top.

Maybe they have already begun work on the warlord, with weapons compatible with the reavers top weapon point. I think it was different to the 2 arm points from the reaver, and need a specific fitting to go on the top weapon point.

Maybe they are just conversions, but they will need to be done anyways once the warlord is out. If they want it within 2 years they must have started, I remember reading somewhere it would take a year just to sculpt it, add in other production times and you know someone has this giant beast on his desk right now.

I'm also surprised how many have said they prefer the beetle back version, it's mine too.

Those carapace weapons are simple conversions- using the Warhound arms flipped over. They look nothing like what Will Hayes and I discussed and sketched a while back.

Rolsheen
23-11-2013, 01:59
Just heard from Forgeworld that the Reavers missing weapons are nearly finished and will be probably out just after Xmas

MajorWesJanson
23-11-2013, 02:19
Just heard from Forgeworld that the Reavers missing weapons are nearly finished and will be probably out just after Xmas

Nice! Good to hear. Can't wait to order a Volcano cannon and Carapace Turbolaser.

Ruination Drinker
30-11-2013, 06:52
Old School. Ugly with lovely mold lines everywhere.