PDA

View Full Version : FW space marines question or two

Nasha
17-09-2013, 22:36
Ok
So I was thinkin of bringin my space sharks out of hibernation but was wondering how the FW rules are affected by the new marine codex?

Vaktathi
17-09-2013, 22:58
They haven't yet.

Nasha
17-09-2013, 23:08
Balls. .so does that mean that tyberos doesn't get the traits. In which case what would be the best trait for the Carcharodons?

Col. Dash
18-09-2013, 01:15
Tyberos gets Tyberos's traits. Unfortunately you still have to use him to get the chapter traits.

Carnage
18-09-2013, 05:31
Tyberos gets Tyberos's traits. Unfortunately you still have to use him to get the chapter traits.

The FW characters are literally broken ATM. Tyberos does nothing for his army, since they don't have combat tactics to switch out for his trait anymore.

Gotta wait for their update again.

AndrewGPaul
18-09-2013, 08:29
Or use a bit of common sense and apply your own adaption for use with the 6th edition Codex: Space Marines. My first thoughts would be to either play Tyberos as granting his Chapter Tactics ability without needting to replace a now-nonexistent Combat Tactics, or use his Chapter Tactics rule as the army-wide Chapter Tactics as per the new Codex (and similarly with all the other Marine characters in IA9 and 10). Not having looked at IA9 in a while, I can't remember if that would be over- or under-powerful; you might need to tweak it a bit more.

Col. Dash
19-09-2013, 03:01
We have used common sense in my area including in tournies. Just switch the word tactics for traits. Still need the character though, there is a limit to the leniency.

Brotheroracle
19-09-2013, 03:47
Honestly if I wasn't using the Red Wake with a house rule, then I'd use the Black Templar traits so you can take crusader squads for BP+CCW marines.