PDA

View Full Version : Where have I seen that figure before?

nedsta
18-09-2013, 03:24
I'm sure I have seen a figure carrying coconut shells ala monty python somewhere before and for the life of me I can't find it anywhere, I'm about to paint a grail reliquae and would love to find coconut clip clopper just to add to the effect. Anyone have any ideas? Help me obi-wa....err...warseer, you're my only hope.

Captain Collius
18-09-2013, 13:40
I'm sure I have seen a figure carrying coconut shells ala monty python somewhere before and for the life of me I can't find it anywhere, I'm about to paint a grail reliquae and would love to find coconut clip clopper just to add to the effect. Anyone have any ideas? Help me obi-wa....err...warseer, you're my only hope.

get the cannon balls from the empire cannon set. cut them in half and hollow them out I have a friend who has done this with Gnoblars.

Ramius4
18-09-2013, 14:06
I've seen someone do this before as well, I think it may have been either in a White Dwarf or a website feature article.

You may also want to look into Jules le Jongleur (5th ed era Bretonnian model riding a hobby horse and armed with a slap-stick)

RanaldLoec
21-09-2013, 00:24

It's a Bretonnia based diorama it has knights on foot followed by men at arms with coconuts.

a white furry wabbit slaughtering knights

and a believe a rockery or shrubbery

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

RanaldLoec
21-09-2013, 00:29
Found it

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Monty-Python-and-the-Holy-Grail-Warhammer-Miniatures/2428458

herohammer
21-09-2013, 06:45
The sort of derp thing about that army is that it is an empire army not bretonnia. Seriously, the rabbit represents a mortar if I remember correctly.

Not that I can complain, I play fimir as ogres.

yabbadabba
21-09-2013, 06:54
It was also a part of the Games Day display for 5th ed WFB which featured Brets vs Lizardmen. There was a small homage to Holy Trail including Rabbit.

TheDungen
21-09-2013, 10:06
gw should look at this the next time they write a bretonnia book, warhammer has been lacking that weird brittish humor for quite awhile now.

SpanielBear
21-09-2013, 14:19
Seriously, that whole army is ********** fantastic!!!!

godswearhats
23-09-2013, 22:00
Awesome stuff! Reminded me of this excellent O&G army - Gobwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=31992).
~gwh

Horace35
24-09-2013, 10:29
Haha awesome link, thanks for posting that. Rabbit of Bristol, Knights who say Ni, Tim the Enchanter. All the favorites

nedsta
24-09-2013, 12:52
I love the two armies that have been linked here, but check this one out http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?338746-Adepticon-2012-Army-Munchy-Gutsmen-and-the-Holy-Gristle