PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars LCG

mrtn
18-09-2013, 08:47
I tried the Star Wars LCG* last Saturday, I found it quite easy and fun. One player plays the good guys and one the bad, and they have asymmetric goals with the evil player wanting to stall the game so he can finish the Death Star, and the good player wants to destroy three empire bases.
It seems quite movie-like (duh), in my game I played the Smugglers and Spies good side, and had Han Solo taken prisoner, later rescued and in the last turn of the game (the "finish the Death Star" counter was at 11 and it's finished at 12) he destroyed the third empire base with the Millenium Falcon and Chewie. :)

Has anyone else tried it? Opinions?

*Living Card Game, you buy a full deck at a time, and not booster packs with random cards.

MasterDecoy
18-09-2013, 09:20
An Excellent addition in the "less serious" category of the LCG's I've played, the game is fast, combo'y and typically over by turn 4.

That said, its a game where everything is broken, so nothing is and it's totally possible to just chuck together a bunch of cards you like and still be competitive, The objective sets make deck building quite intricate and interesting, while making it virtually impossible to break the game.

I still prefer net runner though.

Badbones777
09-10-2013, 01:31
It's certainlydifferent to Netrunner (and indeed cthulhu and Winvasion) but I do enjoy it. The fact that the Death Star dial exists means it's pretty quick play too.
It's a good addition to the LCG lineup, but I don't think it will knock Cthulhu or Netrunner off my top spots (though that is no fault of the Starwars game!)

So far I like Imperial Navy:chrome: