PDA

View Full Version : 1000 and 2400 point Lizardmen Tournament List Evaluation

cornonthecob
18-09-2013, 11:26
Ok then, I'm going to Regarding Retribution and would like some list advice.

The tournament uses two lists. A 1000 point one and a 2400 point one. The things in the first list must be in the second. Here's what I have so far.

1000 points
Skink Priest (Leader) 65
Level 2 35
Dispel Scroll 25
Lore of Heavens

Skink Priest
Level 2 35
Ruby Ring of Ruin 25
Lore of Beasts

25 Saurus Warriors 275
Full command 30
Spears Free

25 Saurus Warriors 275
Full command 30

Skink Skirmishers 70

Skink Skirmishers 70

That's the first 1000, to bulk it up to 2400 I've added these

Saurus Oldblood (Leader) 140
Gold Sigil sword `15
Light armour 9
Shield 6

Saurus BSB 105

20 Saurus Warriors 220
Full command 30

3 Kroxigor 150

Stegadon (with both upgrades) 245

Ancient Stegadon (with both upgrades) 260

4 Salamanders 320

Shadoer
18-09-2013, 18:10
Ok, lets see what we can do here

First 1000pt list

Ok I think you need to switch some thing here. I think you could swap out that unit of 25 Saurus Warriors in your 1000pt list for a Stegaddon. You'll still be hitting your 25% Core, but the Ancient Steg will be bringing in some much needed damage potential. Remember, in your 1000pt list you have nothing that can take on Monsterous Cav or give Chaos Warriors a run for their money. That and you'll free up some points for your next swap.

On a quick note with the Steggadons, they really don't need that extra devastating charge attack. Sharpened Horns is more than enough, save the points for something else.

Then I'd swap one priest for the Battle Standard Bearer, again because that BSB can be a life saver even in a 1000pt game. That and you should put the Ruby Ring of Ruin on him instead of on the Priest. Make sure the priest that stays in the 1000pt list has a dispel scroll but also has the Lore of Beasts.

If you are coming over points still, drop a unit of Skink Skirmishers back into the 2400pt list and you should be fine.

So basically you will end up with something like this:

1000 points
===========

Skink Priest (Leader) 65
Level 2 35
Dispel Scroll 25
Lore of Beasts

Saurus BSB
Light Armor
Ruby Ring of Ruin
Dragon Helm (Just some added protection)

25 Saurus Warriors 275
Full command 30
Spears Free

Ancient Steggadon with Sharpened Horns and Engine of the Gods

Skink Skirmishers 70

Skink Skirmishers 70

Now your 1000pt list will have the ability to deal with a wide range of opponents and still has a strong magic phase.

2. 2400pt List

Ok now in the 2400pt list, assuming you are continuing to run Slann less, you will want the Skink Priest to be carrying the Cube of Darkness for some extra dispel capabilities. You also will want to move him into Lore of Beasts so you can get the full range of Beast Spells and so your Ancient Steggadon (With EotG I assume) can give that -1 spell casting bonus to one Lore.

Otherwise the one thing your list could use is something to hunt Artillery. Like a Skink Chief with a Cloak of Feathers or on a Terradon, or a Unit of Terradons, or some Cameo Skinks for the job. Right now you have a lot of artillery bait, and some decent artillery can ruin your day.

Hope this helps.

cornonthecob
18-09-2013, 21:06
No Lore of Heavens ? Is it bad ? I am considering Chameleon skinks I may add them.

Shadoer
18-09-2013, 21:25
No Lore of Heavens ? Is it bad ? I am considering Chameleon skinks I may add them.

The Lore of Heavens isn't bad so much as it doesn't help you as much and you want one lore that the Engine of the Gods can take -1 from spell casting costs.

Like Wildform will go a long way to making your Saurus durable in Combat, The Impenetrable Pelt and Savage beast can turn your Oldblood into a murder machine, The Amber Spear is a not bad monster killer, and The Curse of Anraher is a great spell to slow down the enemy. All of these combo great with your lizardmen,

The Lore of Heavens spells don't really help you that much. Iceshard and Midnight Wind are ok buffs and hexes, but they have high casting costs for your lvl 2 Skink Priests. Windblast is pretty useful, but more for delaying an army... you are definitely going on the offensive. Thunderbolt and Chainlightning are good for hitting armored targets like monsterous cavalry, but they aren't that great and you have an Steggadon and an Ancient Stegadon for that. Probably the most useful spell is Harmonic Convergence, because it means we might get more predatory fighter rolls in... but that's about it.