PDA

View Full Version : jump pack command squads

Camman1984
19-09-2013, 02:42
I am suprised that seeing as bike command squads dropped in price and we now have a chapter that favours jump packs that command squads cannot take them. Means captain shrike can never be joined by the command squad he unlocks?? Which makes no sense.

How happy would people in their local gaming groups be with a house rules to allow jump packs for them at a cost? Seeing as it would make them no more powerful than either vanguard or biker command it doesnt seem op. What cost would people charge for this option based off the cost for bikes?

zero88
19-09-2013, 03:35
He can still join them, just not at deployment. Actually, I think the rule was supposed to read that he can only join jump infantry when infiltrating, but who knows.

If your meta is fine with it, by all means allow it. I would say 25 points for the entire squad would be reasonable. A space marine to a space marine biker is a 7 point difference, and the cost to mount a command squad on bikes is the same. So using the same math, an assault marine costs 3 points more than a regular marine, so you could do as little as 15 points for the squad. I'd do 20-25 though.

Charistoph
19-09-2013, 04:27
If your meta is fine with it, by all means allow it. I would say 25 points for the entire squad would be reasonable. A space marine to a space marine biker is a 7 point difference, and the cost to mount a command squad on bikes is the same. So using the same math, an assault marine costs 3 points more than a regular marine, so you could do as little as 15 points for the squad. I'd do 20-25 though.
Sounds about right. Offensively, we're looking at something akin to Vanguard/Sternguard, and the Vanguard gets theirs for about that.

Maybe they will get them for the Ravenguard supplement. Hopefully.

Camman1984
19-09-2013, 08:47
Thats about what i was thinking the 20-25 point mark. Hopefully things like that will come through in supplements, i think ravenguard and iron hands particularly need a small supplement, iron hands got cool rules but little fluff like characters and ravenguard got a bit short changed on rules (especially when you have WS + khan to compare them with).

Konovalev
19-09-2013, 16:41
Honour guard are all equiped with artificer armor and yet they can't be mounted on bikes or wear jump packs either. It's a bit odd how Scouts can have bikes, but the chapter masters personal bodyguard, equipped with some of the finest artifacts of the chapter, can't take common equipment like bikes or packs...

Charistoph
19-09-2013, 16:46
Honour guard are all equiped with artificer armor and yet they can't be mounted on bikes or wear jump packs either. It's a bit odd how Scouts can have bikes, but the chapter masters personal bodyguard, equipped with some of the finest artifacts of the chapter, can't take common equipment like bikes or packs...
Especially when it is not uncommon for them to be wearing it, depending on the chapter...

Hengist
19-09-2013, 19:58
I'm sure GW will shortly offer to sell you a 30 Raven Guard supplement book to correct this oversight.

Lord Damocles
19-09-2013, 20:38
Red Marines: Now also available in blue!

Retrospectus
19-09-2013, 22:31

Last time Guilliman let his honour guard play with the bikes they ran over his kitty. So, in a huff, he went and wrote honour guard out of the bike section of the Codex Astartes (and don't get him started on the jump packs.....)

MajorWesJanson
20-09-2013, 00:50
He can still join them, just not at deployment. Actually, I think the rule was supposed to read that he can only join jump infantry when infiltrating, but who knows.

Command Squad getting jump packs at a point cheaper than bikes, or even at the same price would be fair.