PDA

View Full Version : Grav Guns, where to buy them?

Triggernator
19-09-2013, 16:25
I'm looking to pick up some Grav guns for some White Scar Bikers, but don't want to go blowing 50 quid on 2 boxes of tactical marines that may (or may not) be used for my army. Any suggestions on how to get them easier or to get something to replace them?

Mortimer
19-09-2013, 16:52
I'm looking to pick up some Grav guns for some White Scar Bikers, but don't want to go blowing 50 quid on 2 boxes of tactical marines that may (or may not) be used for my army. Any suggestions on how to get them easier or to get something to replace them?

I was thinking of using Volkite (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Horus_Heresy/Legiones_Astartes/Space_Marine_Legion_Army_List/Legion_Troops/Legion_Tactical_Support_Squad/VOLKITE_CALIVER_SET.html) weapons from FW.

Much cheaper and different enough from other weapons that they will look like Grav.

brionl
19-09-2013, 17:22
Doesn't the Sternguard Vets box have a whole bunch of extra weapons?

The Emperor
19-09-2013, 17:42
Doesn't the War Store still sell bits?

Nazerth
19-09-2013, 18:16
Unfortunately GW has successfully murdered the internet bits business. eBay would be the best place to look, but it is such a shame Battlewagon Bitz and all the others I can remeber seem to be dead due to corporate greed.

I'd second using volkite weapons. Not like you can use them as what they are in 40k anyway.

EDIT: forgot there is a Graviton gun in the Boarding Assault set (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space_Marine-Infantry-and-Accessories/SPACE_MARINE_BOARDING_ASSAULT_UPGRADE_SET.html) but that is hardly a price-efficient option.

Miredorf
19-09-2013, 18:19

In china, 1 dollar each.

DoctorTom
19-09-2013, 19:20
Unfortunately GW has successfully murdered the internet bits business. eBay would be the best place to look, but it is such a shame Battlewagon Bitz and all the others I can remeber seem to be dead due to corporate greed.

I'd second using volkite weapons. Not like you can use them as what they are in 40k anyway.

I'd agree eBay is the best bet. I really wish they had left places like Battlewagon Bits alone. It wouild be nice if GW put out a grav pistol/gravgun clamshell pack. I doubt they'll do it, which is a shame since there's plenty of models with the option for taking grav weapons that don't have them with their model.

EDIT: When buying them. look at the picture for grav pistols if you go for them - Tac Squads and Sternguard have them for the right hand, while Vanguard have them for the left hand (I'm not sure I like having the hand modeled onto the pistol).

Looking at the price grav guns are going for on Ebay, you might just be better off buying a box of models that include the grav gun, then selling the rest of the box's contents if you didn't want to keep them. The Volkite weapons from FW are a lot cheaper than buying grav guns off of Ebay.

MajorWesJanson
19-09-2013, 19:31
If you cut the bolter barrels and ammo clips off the combi-gravs, the Sternguard box will give you 3 of them, plus being an awesome kit as well.
Otherwise, FW Volkite weapons or bits sites may be your best bet, but I expect grav guns to be the new combi-melta as far as price goes.

The Emperor
19-09-2013, 20:04
It wouild be nice if GW put out a grav pistol/gravgun clamshell pack. I doubt they'll do it, which is a shame since there's plenty of models with the option for taking grav weapons that don't have them with their model.

Not just the Grav Gun. I'd love it if I could pick up a sprue with half-dozen or more special weapons on it. Say, two of each of Grav Guns, Flamers, Meltaguns, and Plasma Guns. Maybe a combi-weapon option for each as well. That'd be incredibly useful.

Mortimer
19-09-2013, 20:46
Not just the Grav Gun. I'd love it if I could pick up a sprue with half-dozen or more special weapons on it. Say, two of each of Grav Guns, Flamers, Meltaguns, and Plasma Guns. Maybe a combi-weapon option for each as well. That'd be incredibly useful.

why sell a mixed pack when they sell packs of 5 melta/plasma/flamer on their store and in order to get grav/combi weapons you have to get SGV/VGV/Tac as well.

they make far more money doing it their way, than making it easier for people to get them in one neat little clamshell.

Notice how to get 5 th/ss in with Vanguard? buy another box.

Inquisitor Engel
19-09-2013, 20:46
I would put another vote down for some FW Volkites. They look nothing like anything in 40k and as long as they're all the same...

Mortimer
19-09-2013, 20:49
I would put another vote down for some FW Volkites. They look nothing like anything in 40k and as long as they're all the same...

I already ordered some thats why, I suggested them.

Retrospectus
19-09-2013, 22:27
Bits and kits is still going and selling bitz

Nazerth
19-09-2013, 22:37
Bits and kits is still going and selling bitz

Good to know! :)

Though, upon investigation 5 for one grav gun is sucks when you get 10 volkite chargers/calivers for 11.

wilsonian
20-09-2013, 12:05
It seems with every new codex a certain part becomes gold dust. I remember a chaos wings were bringing 5-10 each, Assault cannons back in 4th ed were the must have, and now the grav guns.

It's a shame GW hasn't released a sprue pack with a mix on - instead they waste money on creating that god-awful combi-weapon pack.

DoctorTom
20-09-2013, 17:21
why sell a mixed pack when they sell packs of 5 melta/plasma/flamer on their store and in order to get grav/combi weapons you have to get SGV/VGV/Tac as well.

they make far more money doing it their way, than making it easier for people to get them in one neat little clamshell.

I'd agree that they would probably sell packs of 5 gravguns. It would be nice if they'd do a clamshell with grav pistols, but then you have to guess what hand (unless you just include 2 left handed, 2 right handed and made people buy multiple packs if they wanted more of a particular hand).

zam2
21-09-2013, 12:41

EDIT: forgot there is a Graviton gun in the Boarding Assault set (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space_Marine-Infantry-and-Accessories/SPACE_MARINE_BOARDING_ASSAULT_UPGRADE_SET.html) but that is hardly a price-efficient option.

I only ever used ebay for buying up bits, I found that the dedicated websites for bits sales were either very poor in choice or they could never keep in stock anything anyone actually wanted.

zam2
21-09-2013, 12:47

But GW sells a th/ss kit with veteran shoulder pads on their website for less than 20 dollars, presuming you're American. A far cheaper option than buying a whole 'nother box of vanguard.

Bartali
21-09-2013, 12:55
I was thinking of using Volkite (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Horus_Heresy/Legiones_Astartes/Space_Marine_Legion_Army_List/Legion_Troops/Legion_Tactical_Support_Squad/VOLKITE_CALIVER_SET.html) weapons from FW.

Much cheaper and different enough from other weapons that they will look like Grav.

Thanks for that. I've been wondering about trying to source 10 Grav guns, and those look perfect.

zam2
21-09-2013, 13:42
Thanks for that. I've been wondering about trying to source 10 Grav guns, and those look perfect.

If you have a friend who plays necrons that gave their immortals the tesla guns instead of guass blasters then try trading for them with him, cutting out the barrels and mixing them with a bolter will make a very passable gav gun I've found.

Angry Marine
22-09-2013, 01:58
As a White Scars player, the exorbitant Grav Gun prices make me very sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 4

Doc
03-01-2014, 18:40
I know this is old...
http://www.spellcrow.com/gravity-guns-p-197.html