PDA

View Full Version : So...Blood Angels

Glenn87
19-09-2013, 23:05
hey guys,

I've been a long-time Blood Angels player (ever since 3th edition).
Now the new Marine codex got me thinking. I've red some Rumours of a new BA codex somewhere late 2014 (wich, being 4 years after the current one is a possibility).

I was just thinking, what could they possibly add to the BA's?
Every codex release has been with 4+ new kits and a bunch of Clampacks as release, but BA's ARE just a Marine chapter with a few extra's that already have a (new) Plastic Kit.
(Baal Predator, Furioso Dreadnought, Death Company and Sanguinary Guard).

What could they POSSIBLY add more?? (I know they could give us a nice plastic Sanguinary Priest and or Chaplain model, but no plastic kits afaik?)

CrownAxe
19-09-2013, 23:08
They can always just make new units (which they do for every new codex release)

jri0t68
19-09-2013, 23:31
Do SMs have any MCs? I can't think of any at the moment.

You'd think that the way they're going with every other codex, they'd get one eventually. Maybe a Megazor.. I mean, MegaCenturion, built by slapping together different centurions to form the parts. Or a winged dreadknight.

All jokes aside, it seems plausible they'd add some huge contraption.

Nazerth
20-09-2013, 00:44
Blood Angels are somewhat problematic... so are Space Wolves for that matter, they already have totally unique units and full model support for said units.

I can see additional air support for BA, but aside from that nebulous concept, I have no clue what they could add. You can be sure "Blood" will be in the name somewhere though!

The Thirty
20-09-2013, 05:30
Just tweak existing flavor units like Death Company and Mephiston to be nastier, add some old-school technology like auspex, toss in a 'always been here, but you've never seen us' STC/suit, and bingo.

Dkoz
20-09-2013, 06:43
Mephiston could use 2+ armor save or maybe an invulnerable save, maybe BA could get a jump pack centurion assault squad:D. I could see them gaining access to the hunter and the stalker, maybe even a new flyer.

Brother Vaneb
20-09-2013, 10:23
Mephiston could use 2+ armor save or maybe an invulnerable save, maybe BA could get a jump pack centurion assault squad:D. I could see them gaining access to the hunter and the stalker, maybe even a new flyer.

Jump pack centurions - the Magos in me just smiled.

Kijamon
20-09-2013, 11:03
Blood Angels are somewhat problematic... so are Space Wolves for that matter, they already have totally unique units and full model support for said units.

I can see additional air support for BA, but aside from that nebulous concept, I have no clue what they could add. You can be sure "Blood" will be in the name somewhere though!

Not sure that the SW are that difficult.

Either go down the "oh no, we like to fight on the ground" route and stick the Hunter/Stalker in without a flyer - just reduce the cost of the AA a little bit to compensate for that.

Or approach it from a different angle and give SW two flyers. Either new ones, ideally a transport or the storm raven and/or stormtalon. After all, they might not like jump packs and deep striking very much but they can't get off the planet any other way so getting there quickly and effectively is the best way. No army in 40k is just going to sit there being obliterated without any air support.

I actually think that the SW and BA codexes just need tweaks for the most part. Both have their unique units and characters. You'd really have to want to diverge them some more to add anything else. Compare them to the DA, is there that many more units that are needed? It's all about points costs rather than lack of anything in particular (AA for SW aside).

wilsonian
20-09-2013, 11:30
I can see them doing a "Supplement" Codex for these. BTH I'm unsure why they didn't do that with DA as well.

lordbeefy
20-09-2013, 12:06
I am currently building my BA army around the standard codex....just vanilla units painted in BA colours....no death company, no furiosos, plain old marines.

I hated that they made the stormraven available for everyone in the supplement but not the stormtalon.

I love the new centurion devastators and have to have a unit.

I also really like the thunderfire cannon, so vanilla marine rules suit me better....I don't use the sangiunary guard, other than to use the parts as customisings for my standard marines....I don't use death company, and I don't have a baal predator at the moment, so theres nothing I am missing out on.

adreal
20-09-2013, 13:07
Personally, i think that the blood angel releaae will have a new basic assault squad, to replace the rather old set we have now. Maybe even a new command squad set, though thats unlikly.

Wolves could be a good enough excuss for a new scout box, mainly to fix up the lack of neck on those models (as well as a new flier)

Weazel
20-09-2013, 13:39
SW Wulfen have no models at the moment (used to have). So a unit of wulfen is a possibility. Possibly also a wolfy flyer and access to AA options from the C:SM. Hopefully no centurions. :D Overall the codex need slight tweaks in unit costs and wargear options. I'd love to see Wolf Guard with more options like the Sternguard Veterans (basically "real" weapons instead of combi ones). Wolf Scouts need to be troops to see any table time. FnP for the unit lead by a Wolf Priest!

Oops, got carried away with SW wishlisting in a BA thread... :D Anyway, the problem with C:SM and other marine chapters is that most of the units are well established in the fluff and background literature, so bringing an altogether new and previously unheard of unit can feel a bit like blasphemy. The Assault Marine box is pretty old, so basically a new kit for Assault Marines (maybe 10 per kit) is viable and fitting for Blood Angels. What about a BA specific Storm Talon variant, possibly with a torrent flamer to go with the "Baal" theme?

Darnok
20-09-2013, 14:07
For blisters there are still lots of possible character models to be done.

As for boxes: whatever GW thinks would be a "cool" addition. BA already have a strong "angels" theme (D'Oh!), and I could easily see a flyer based on that - maybe even a second new flyer, making BA a very flyer-heavy SM chapter. Apart from that I'm sure GW has no issues coming up with a new tank, cybot or infantry type that nobody has ever heard of before, but miraculously was always there.

And while we're wishlisting: personally I hope they downgrade BAs to only a supplement codex instead of a new full book.

Spider-pope
20-09-2013, 14:22
If i had to guess, i'd say an Honour Guard kit, a flyer and a new Heavy Support choice.

And while i'm wishlisting: Personally i hope they keep Blood Angels as a standalone list. We had a codex long before Vanilla marines.If anyone is going to get rolled up, it should be them into us.

wilsonian
20-09-2013, 15:41
Considering BA got done a few years ago I think we'll be one of the last to be done :(

And while i'm wishlisting: Personally i hope they keep Blood Angels as a standalone list. We had a codex long before Vanilla marines.If anyone is going to get rolled up, it should be them into us.

Erm, Didn't the 2nd ed space marine codex come out before the angels of death list or was there a list out in Rouge Trader?

Charistoph
20-09-2013, 17:03
Wolves could be a good enough excuss for a new scout box, mainly to fix up the lack of neck on those models
Unless they do a Raven Guard Supplement first...

And yes, new basic Assault Marines would be a good fit for Blood Angels Supplement.. ;)

Darnok
20-09-2013, 17:30
We had a codex long before Vanilla marines.If anyone is going to get rolled up, it should be them into us.

What are you talking about? During 2nd edition "generic Marines" were Codex: Ultramarines, which existed even before BA got half a book with Codex: Angels of Death. And even there they were mostly red Marines with a few add-ons.

Bonzai
20-09-2013, 18:23
All I see them "needing" is; attack fighter/bomber combo kit, possibly adding centurions and Stalkers/hunters, whatever characters haven't been released yet, and a nice plastic sanguinary priest/ apothecary kit with all the options. Maybe another successor chapter character... Like a blood drinker or lamenters chapter, or both, that they can make a supplement on (as I am sure they will do for flesh tearers).

Other than that, a rules and point update (flak missiles, etc...).

S_A_T_S
20-09-2013, 18:44
They will add something, and whatever it is should have a 'flight' theme. That's what BA is all about - speed and flying. DA getting new landspeeder and flier was ridiculous, when BA are supposed to be the aerial-obsessed chapter. To keep that theme, they have to go big with BA flying. I would hope for:

= New flier or two (a la DA), or a minimum of adding the stormtalon
= Jump pack/flying heavy unit (see: jump pack centurions, maybe jump pack devastators)
= Landspeeder Storm (why can't our scouts fly?!)
= Ooh, maybe flying scouts! Scouts with mini-jump packs/grav-belts for behind enemy line drops (gives them hit & run/jet rule?)
= Maybe some sort of extended rhino/extra fast ground transport

I could see making one of the BA fliers into an AA themed flier instead of giving BA access to the stalker/hunter, emphasising the love of speed. Problem is, most of the things I could see fitting BA's themes have already been done to DA (fliers, speeders, bikes, etc). However, as DA have their own standalone codex I simply can't believe GW wouldn't give BA one as well. But that is a conversation Christoph and I have discussed in at least 3 other threads in the last month or so, so let's not start it up again...

Lord Damocles
20-09-2013, 19:12
Give 'em Centurions, Storm Talons, Thunderfire Cannons, Hunters...

Seems fair! :yes:

(Sarcasm!)

MagicHat
20-09-2013, 20:18
I hope for:
New assault marines.
New honour-guard with jump packs.
New interceptor flier.
Plastic Sanguiniary Priest with jump pack.

Though really, we are at a point were we should be rolled in.
Chapter tactics were very flexible, we just clogs up the releases, and frankly, we already have the kits we need.
Model-wise, I just want a flier that isn't the Storm Raven. Don't care if it is a new one or the Storm Talon.

Rules-wise... It looks okay. Cheaper assault marines with 2 specials at 5 (although I dreads losing meltaguns), okayish vanguards, looking at the new cost of SM honour guard, Sanguiniary guard could see a potent price drop, cheaper librarians are awesome.
DC will probably now be best with jump packs.
I just hope that GW lowers the cost for some of the sergeants/veterans gear before it drops, but it looks unlikely to happen.
And either lowers the cost of Jump packs/raises it for bikes for IC, because unless you plays against opponents that likes to hide at the top of ruins, the bike gains more for the cost IMO.

gwarsh41
20-09-2013, 20:19
Blood angels will get some crazy death-baal dreadnought crazypants thing. It will have dual twin linked assault rifles that rend on a 5 instead of a 6 because it fires BLOOD BULLETS!!!!! Whenever the dreadnough is within 6" of an enemy unit, or during overwatch, the dreadnought goes mad freaking crazy with bloodlust and fires all its weapons twice, but at half BS. Last but not least it has a blood talon on its face, it can headbutt opponents in combat! One additional S10 ap2 attack at I1!

Everything marines got, but with additional movement speed and assault cannons!!!!

Honestly I don't know. I would assume you will have the basis of all other marine books. Transports and all, but maybe with a twist here and there (baal predetors and whatnot) Probably a flier, or if not, some anti air. (I see SW getting anti air long fangs before they get a flier, unless they give SW "cultist" style units like they had in some of the books) Paint it red, **** it off, and give it an assault cannon. Welcome to the blood angels.

adreal
20-09-2013, 22:51
Unless they do a Raven Guard Supplement first...

And yes, new basic Assault Marines would be a good fit for Blood Angels Supplement.. ;)

ATM though they don't seem to release a kit with the supplement. I do realize this can and most likely will change as more of them are released, but right now only the stand alone codex's get any models. Though scouts would fit ravenguard better then wolves

Charistoph
20-09-2013, 22:59
ATM though they don't seem to release a kit with the supplement. I do realize this can and most likely will change as more of them are released, but right now only the stand alone codex's get any models. Though scouts would fit ravenguard better then wolves

Too true. Doesn't mean that their business practice can't change to match it. And it would be a good practice to follow for more specialized groups, such as Eldar Jet Bikes with a Saim Hann Supplement. Good for mini-Waves which are just replacing old minis that couldn't be fit in to a full codex launch.

nosebiter
20-09-2013, 23:05
I can see no new units added.

But a plastic kit for sanguinary priests and a few plastic clampacks. Actually i think that wotht he small amount of new models added to both books that Space Wolves and Blood Angels could easily be squashed into one release month.

My idea would be:

Blood angels: Plastik Sanguinary priest box, builds 5 priests oke who is Curbolo. Plastic clampack jumppack captain. New dante and mephiston models in finecrap.

Space wolves: Plastic wolf scout box, plastic clampack wolflord in power armor, clampack wolfpriest/special char. New ragnar blackmane in finecrap.

Two books done.

Darnok
21-09-2013, 00:50
I can see no new units added.

But a plastic kit for sanguinary priests and a few plastic clampacks. Actually i think that wotht he small amount of new models added to both books that Space Wolves and Blood Angels could easily be squashed into one release month.

My idea would be:

Blood angels: Plastik Sanguinary priest box, builds 5 priests oke who is Curbolo. Plastic clampack jumppack captain. New dante and mephiston models in finecrap.

Space wolves: Plastic wolf scout box, plastic clampack wolflord in power armor, clampack wolfpriest/special char. New ragnar blackmane in finecrap.

Two books done.

Then you really don't understand how GW is working...

Grand Master Raziel
21-09-2013, 03:19
I've got the Space Wolf Flyer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY5ogQ-kZrY) right here.

Can't believe I got that one in first!

Anyhow, as far as the BAs go, I could see them getting a new fighter-interceptor model. If they do, we'll know GW remains committed to keeping them in a separate dex, which probably means DAs and SWs will stay separate too. If BAs get the Storm Talon, it could be taken as an indication GW is fixing to fold them into Codex: Space Marines. If they go, the DAs will almost certainly go as well. I could see the Space Wolves staying separate, though.

Charistoph
21-09-2013, 04:34
I've got the Space Wolf Flyer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY5ogQ-kZrY) right here.
Heh, that's awesome!

Anyhow, as far as the BAs go, I could see them getting a new fighter-interceptor model. If they do, we'll know GW remains committed to keeping them in a separate dex, which probably means DAs and SWs will stay separate too. If BAs get the Storm Talon, it could be taken as an indication GW is fixing to fold them into Codex: Space Marines. If they go, the DAs will almost certainly go as well. I could see the Space Wolves staying separate, though.
Not necessarily, one way or the other. They already share the Raven, and it wouldn't take much to bring the Talon back in. They already do and have shared numerous models before, one more won't be a huge lift. The only reason they wouldn't bring it in is because a modeler felt inspired to make a "Blood Talon".

frikandel speciaal
18-01-2014, 16:56
Blood Angels as a suplement would be fine. But i would have no problem with a new full-codex.
There's always room for new kits. Blood Angel Assault Marines would be nice plus a Commandsquad, Sanguinary Priest, Mephiston, Dante and Tycho.
Maybe bikes?

I don't know, i don't think they would need more entries. BA have eveything they need.

Rules wise i would like Sanguinary Guard to have WS5 (tone Death Company down to WS4), make Death Company jumppacks cheaper, make the Sanguinor T5 or T6 (Mephiston T5?) and Dante Eternal Warrior. That's about it for me.

MajorWesJanson
18-01-2014, 17:15
hey guys,

I've been a long-time Blood Angels player (ever since 3th edition).
Now the new Marine codex got me thinking. I've red some Rumours of a new BA codex somewhere late 2014 (wich, being 4 years after the current one is a possibility).

I was just thinking, what could they possibly add to the BA's?
Every codex release has been with 4+ new kits and a bunch of Clampacks as release, but BA's ARE just a Marine chapter with a few extra's that already have a (new) Plastic Kit.
(Baal Predator, Furioso Dreadnought, Death Company and Sanguinary Guard).

What could they POSSIBLY add more?? (I know they could give us a nice plastic Sanguinary Priest and or Chaplain model, but no plastic kits afaik?)

Off the top of my head for kits:
Terminator kit with parts for Sanguinary Elite terminator unit
New non-transport flier (maybe shared with Space Wolves or Grey Knights, or both)
Redone basic Assault squad- not BA specific, but resculpted like the Tac squad, using the new torso and wrist setups for weapons- full set of bp/ccw, various pistols, one of each power weapon- sword, axe, spear, maul so they all have models. Not BA specific, but tying it to the BA book would make a ton of sense.
Clampack Sanguinary Priest

Hunter/Stalker I can see moving over to BA (and SW). Centurions will probably stay Codex Astartes only.

Fear Ghoul
18-01-2014, 17:25
I hope for:
New assault marines.
New honour-guard with jump packs.
New interceptor flier.
Plastic Sanguiniary Priest with jump pack.

Pretty much this.

Heafstaag
19-01-2014, 01:48
I remember before the current codex came out there were jokes of bat cavalry for blood angels, as I think they came out after the space wolves. I would buy some bat cavalry in a second!

Realistically though, I can't imagine much more being added other than a new anti air fighter, whether that's the storm talon or a new one. And new models for hqs...so basically what has already been said, I suppose.

Imperialis_Dominatus
19-01-2014, 07:09
I've got some ideas for rules. The BA in my sig. It starts out with some tweaks, but the big fun is the Red Thirst system. Units gain a counter for each player turn they are not in close combat- each counter grants a rule (FC, Rage, Hatred (All)), lose counters 1 per player turn while in close combat, take a Leadership check at the end of the close combat modified by number of counter-granted-rules used this turn. Death Company and Mephiston gain them more quickly, Chaplains mitigate the modifier to Red Thirst checks a bit, Sanguinary Priests allow you to generate bonus counters. Chapter Traits based on the Successors' degeneration or particular expression of the Flaw. Warlord Traits table, some of which incorporate Thirst elements.

And Moriar. God-Emperor, I must expand and expound and explicate upon Morleo Moriar, Death Company Furioso Dreadnought, who likes to have a nice refreshing beverage during his fancy games of croquet... and by refreshing drink I mean BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD EMPEROR and by fancy games of croquet I mean SKULLS FOR THE GOLDEN THRONE!

I guess I'd throw in my bets with undercooked rules, Blood-Angely Terminators (perhaps Death Company, with completely unnecessary Blood-upgrades), a plastic monopose Sanguinary Priest, a dual kit of Honor Guard and Assault Marines... *too much serious, must satire must satire must satire)

...and... and... and a Death Company Blood Angel in Terminator Armor strapped to a flying brick with Blood-Chainfists (S 11 AP 1 Armorbane) and Clot Cannons (S 6 AP 3 36" Template, Torrent, Fleshbane, because we do it better Chaos) and the Spear of Telesto protruding from his groin (power lance with double modifiers- in both directions- Two-Handed, get that vision out of your head) and works like a FMC and has six wings- bat wings or angel wings depending on whether he is a Chaplain or Librarian who has fallen to the Flaw and he has special rules where he is starting to overcome and channel the flaw and if Lemartes and/or Mephiston are on the field he does better at that- and he might or might not die and be reborn as the Sanguinor.

Who is now a FMC.

Grand Master Azrael
19-01-2014, 07:21
Sanguinous. They need to get Sanguinous. He puts the word Angel into Angels of Death.
PS I don't want Dark Angels in Codex Space Marines and I'd also be pretty pissed if Blood Angels were rolled into Codex Space Marines

Dkoz
19-01-2014, 12:57
I finished the 1st & 2nd Blood Angles omnibus and there are defiantly some great chapter relics they could get access to,and jump pack terminators sound reasonable.;) As well as better fast vehicles.

Felwether
19-01-2014, 15:59
Sanguinous. They need to get Sanguinous. He puts the word Angel into Angels of Death.

Well, he is (was) their Primarch. They'll get Sanguinius eventually, for 30k.

hobojebus
19-01-2014, 16:44
I'd imagine SW would come before blood angels as its the older codex.

BA are in a bit of a tough spot a CC army in a meta that rewards shooting, they are outclassed by cheap units like blood letters and demonetes.

They already have a decent flyer, my mates outflanking flame tank always gets a few kills in, dreadnoughts are still a solid choice etc etc, that said they just dont work as an in your face assault force and i dont know how you can fix that without making them OP.

dugaal
19-01-2014, 17:02
Terminator hybrids with jump packs? Guess thats the next step...
New assault box sounds more reasonable
But why the clamshell plastics chars at half the price of a full squad? No thanks. Love to see a BA "honor guard" box with more bloody angelic bits to spread around that don't have nipple armor or DC X's all over em.
Plus bits for BA sang priests.

Just hope they keep the speedy vehicles and sweet dreads

frikandel speciaal
19-01-2014, 17:15
I've got some ideas for rules. The BA in my sig. It starts out with some tweaks, but the big fun is the Red Thirst system. Units gain a counter for each player turn they are not in close combat- each counter grants a rule (FC, Rage, Hatred (All)), lose counters 1 per player turn while in close combat, take a Leadership check at the end of the close combat modified by number of counter-granted-rules used this turn. Death Company and Mephiston gain them more quickly, Chaplains mitigate the modifier to Red Thirst checks a bit, Sanguinary Priests allow you to generate bonus counters. Chapter Traits based on the Successors' degeneration or particular expression of the Flaw. Warlord Traits table, some of which incorporate Thirst elements.

And Moriar. God-Emperor, I must expand and expound and explicate upon Morleo Moriar, Death Company Furioso Dreadnought, who likes to have a nice refreshing beverage during his fancy games of croquet... and by refreshing drink I mean BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD EMPEROR and by fancy games of croquet I mean SKULLS FOR THE GOLDEN THRONE!

I guess I'd throw in my bets with undercooked rules, Blood-Angely Terminators (perhaps Death Company, with completely unnecessary Blood-upgrades), a plastic monopose Sanguinary Priest, a dual kit of Honor Guard and Assault Marines... *too much serious, must satire must satire must satire)

...and... and... and a Death Company Blood Angel in Terminator Armor strapped to a flying brick with Blood-Chainfists (S 11 AP 1 Armorbane) and Clot Cannons (S 6 AP 3 36" Template, Torrent, Fleshbane, because we do it better Chaos) and the Spear of Telesto protruding from his groin (power lance with double modifiers- in both directions- Two-Handed, get that vision out of your head) and works like a FMC and has six wings- bat wings or angel wings depending on whether he is a Chaplain or Librarian who has fallen to the Flaw and he has special rules where he is starting to overcome and channel the flaw and if Lemartes and/or Mephiston are on the field he does better at that- and he might or might not die and be reborn as the Sanguinor.

Who is now a FMC.

There is something wrong with some gamers.

frikandel speciaal
19-01-2014, 17:27
I finished the 1st & 2nd Blood Angles omnibus and there are defiantly some great chapter relics they could get access to,and jump pack terminators sound reasonable.;) As well as better fast vehicles.

I didn't really like the omnibus, but you're right they could use some Chapter relics.

Would be nice if their Teminators could assault after deestrike. For example, you could choose between Descent of Angels or Charging after deepstriking but Always scatter(1D6 even if you hit, 2D6 if you don't). It would make them interesting and would ad survivability to our Troops.

Dkoz
19-01-2014, 23:17
I would say they should get a rhino that can go 12" and then let the unit inside assault from.

Langdon
20-01-2014, 02:04
I didn't really like the omnibus, but you're right they could use some Chapter relics.

Would be nice if their Teminators could assault after deestrike. For example, you could choose between Descent of Angels or Charging after deepstriking but Always scatter(1D6 even if you hit, 2D6 if you don't). It would make them interesting and would ad survivability to our Troops.

I think their terminators should get the benefits that DA get.. +1T on the the turn they arrive.. and the chance to arrive turn 1.

If they allowed them to assault after DS, they would be pissing off more than just other termie users, a hell of a lot lost out to reserve charges..

Charistoph
20-01-2014, 03:05
I think their terminators should get the benefits that DA get.. +1T on the the turn they arrive.. and the chance to arrive turn 1.

Yeah, because Blood Angels are known as the best Terminator operators in the galaxy who have only Super Veteran Terminators... :rolleyes: Not even the regular Deathwing have that!

But I would be surprised if they lost Descent of Angels as it is. It works well with the other Chapter Traits on the board (aside from the DA's weak selection, and SW's useless Acute Senses). If anything, that would change to be closer to the Raven Guard's Jump Trait.

KhornateLord
20-01-2014, 03:48
They'll probably give them special "angry" bolter rounds as standard.
Centurions that are faster and have flamers.
And allow them to deepstrike their bloodhunter and baalstalker tanks to help support the deep striking landraiders.

Codex done! :P

Seriously though, I'm not sure.

Blood angels suffer a little from the same problem as Chaos.
It's not readily apparent (to me anyway) what GW thinks they actually should be.
At the moment, it appears to be "codex: jump packs, flamers, and rage".

Imperialis_Dominatus
20-01-2014, 03:51
There is something wrong with some gamers.

Who, me? You wound me, sir. I am primarily a Chaos player. There's nothing 'wrong' with me, I am par for the course for our faction, and proud of it.

Langdon
20-01-2014, 05:23
Yeah, because Blood Angels are known as the best Terminator operators in the galaxy who have only Super Veteran Terminators... :rolleyes: Not even the regular Deathwing have that!

because the suggestion that the run-o'-the-mill terminators being able to attack off a DS is the lesser evil?

frikandel speciaal
20-01-2014, 10:27
Who, me? You wound me, sir. I am primarily a Chaos player. There's nothing 'wrong' with me, I am par for the course for our faction, and proud of it.

I apologise for the insult sir, i should have put a smiley behind my comment, 'though i think that to much sarcasm can hurt a topic.

frikandel speciaal
20-01-2014, 10:31
Blood Angels could use something like that. You Always scatter if you want to assault and there is Always Overwatch. Maybe the unit who is to be assaulted can fire on full Balistic skill?

frikandel speciaal
20-01-2014, 10:38
They'll probably give them special "angry" bolter rounds as standard.
Centurions that are faster and have flamers.
And allow them to deepstrike their bloodhunter and baalstalker tanks to help support the deep striking landraiders.

Codex done! :P

Seriously though, I'm not sure.

Blood angels suffer a little from the same problem as Chaos.
It's not readily apparent (to me anyway) what GW thinks they actually should be.
At the moment, it appears to be "codex: jump packs, flamers, and rage".

Don't forget about their fast Tanks. Blood Angels are pretty Obvious an Assault/fast shooting Army. The biggest problem however is their point cost(and Always has been).
Units should become significant cheaper to make them good. Some Characters suffer from this edition: Dante, Mephiston, Lemartes and most definately Astorath.

Charistoph
20-01-2014, 15:08
Blood Angels could use something like that. You Always scatter if you want to assault and there is Always Overwatch. Maybe the unit who is to be assaulted can fire on full Balistic skill?

And a Disordered Charge as well, no way an Assault after Deep Strike should get full Charge benefits, except for Planetstrike missions. But this would only apply to Jump Infantry, due to their wing fetish.

csm
20-01-2014, 16:19
My guess, judging by how 6th edition codices have been done so far, would be as follows:

1) They will change the way red thirst works somehow. Not that it is over OR underpowered, they would change it just to make it different.

2) They would change the rules for Sanguinor, since he is currently overpriced and underwhelming when comparing him to other similar priced HQ's like Abaddon.

3) Death Company would be changed somehow (I suspect they would actually get nerfed). I am not saying they necessarily SHOULD be nerfed. It just seems like something GW would do. However, it would also not surprise me if they nerfed them but made them a scoring unit, at least in certain FOC situations.

4) I think most of the tank rules would remain (such as the awesome Baal Predator). I don't know if we will be seeing deep striking land raiders though, since you cannot assault the turn you come in from reserves anyway (and since the rule is stupid).

5) Of course they will get artifacts to make taking the generic, unnamed HQ more viable. Considering blood angels are all about smashing faces in, It would not surprise me if they got some crazy swords/axes that have area of affect rules or boost HQ's or entire squads in close combat.

Like I said, I am just basing these complete guesses off of the patterns that exist in the previous 6th ed codexes. But I think they are likely.