PDA

View Full Version : Lavfluris' 2006 Project: Part Three...

Pages : [1] 2

Lavfluris
05-06-2006, 08:22
Time for a recap...

Lavfluris, the Great Paladin of Light that he is, journeyed to the most holy of GW chapels, Warhammer World. Like all Knights, he quickly homed in on Bugman’s Bar, where he met two other shining Knights, WanderingRogue and Sir Christian.

“Lo, fellow Knights,” did sayeth Lavfluris.

“Greetings seasoned Knight of splendour,” did sayeth WanderingRogue and Sir Christian.

“I come with a great proposition fellow Knights,” did sayeth Lavfluris.

“And what great proposition is this,” did sayeth WanderingRogue and Sir Christian.

To which Lavfluris did sayeth, “It is a proposition so great that our Lord up high did split the heavens and the Lady of the Lake did…”

“Get on with it!” did shouteth the assembled commoners in Bugman’s Bar.

“Oh all right!” did sayeth Lavfluris to the assembled commoners in Bugman’s Bar.

“The proposition?” did asketh WanderingRogue.

“Ah yes, the proposition. I come bearing the ideals of L.o.G.G,” did sayeth Lavfluris.

“L.o.G.G.?” did asketh WanderingRogue and Sir Christian in perfect unison.

“Yes, the L.o.G.G. The League of Gentlemanly Gamers,” did explaineth Lavfluris.

“What a great idea noble fellow Knight, we shall converge on Heat One!” did sayeth Sir Christian.

“To Heat One,” did belloweth the Kngihts, drinking their fine ales.

Again, please note that the above story is deliberately inaccurate. The real event was very unglamorous and did not involve Ye Old English speak. We really should have. But then, WanderingRogue wasn’t in any shape for thinking about what he was saying. :p

Anyway, L.o.G.G. is the League of Gentlemanly Gamers, a group I am trying to assemble for the 40K Heat One in October. The idea is simple. We shall play competitively as it is a tournament. We will however, act like gentlemen in doing so. Of course, we’ll have shirts, which is usually the only reason for these groups anyway.

So onto the point of this thread.

As most of you are no doubt aware, I have realised the hard way that the Alpha Legion are not going to be done in time for the 40K Heat One. I failed to appreciate the amount of time true-scaling takes up and so quickly fell behind schedule. Work still continues on the Alpha Legion, and the other thread will be updated.

I am now going to collect and paint a Black Legion army before your very eyes. Interestingly enough, the Black Legion are my second Undivided Chaos army, although as they will be completed before the Alpha Legion, they could be considered the first instead.

My reasons for collecting the Black Legion are fairly straightforward. They are without doubt the greatest Chaos Legion, being the warriors of Warmaster Horus himself. They also other the greatest flexibility for if I make any changes to my proposed army list, which is handy as I want to do well in the 40K Heat One. They also happen to be black, which seems to be rather easy to paint, a great aid. ;)

With regards to conversions, I am going to convert every model, as is usually for any of my armies these days. Nothing brings out the hobby more for me than making ace models, and the Black Legion will have at least seven models that should turn out to be brilliant. The models I’m referring to are the three Obliterators, the two Chaos Predators, the one Chaos Defiler and the Daemon Prince, so watch out for these.

The deadline for this project is to have a full 1500pt army ready for the 40K Heat Two on November 11th and 12th.

One final thing to bear in mind is that I’ll be updating this thread every Thursday and Sunday, rather then as and when I feel like it.

EDIT: As a lot of things are currently in the works, I’ve decided to post a newer progress report, so that everyone is up to date.

Here is the latest summary:
Chaos Lord – Arakus, the Disfavoured of Nurgle: Unassembled.

6 Slaanesh Chaos Space Marines – Squad Asura: Assembled.

6 Slaanesh Chaos Space Marines – Squad Sahitan: Assembled.

3 Obliterators – Squad Cronan: Assembled.

6 Undivided Chaos Space Marines – Squad Eblis: Assembled.

6 Undivided Chaos Space Marines– Squad Karayan: Assembled.

Chaos Defiler – Mukesh: Unassembled.

Chaos Predator – Adrik: Assembled but requires chains.

Chaos Predator – Usuran: Assembled.

Lavfluris
05-06-2006, 08:23
If you read all that, well done, it’s now it’s picture time!

Here is the person responsible for Carnage and L.o.G.G.:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion01.jpg

And here is the first Chaos Space Marine squad:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion02.jpg

Let’s see how far this army gets. ;)

EDIT: I updated the picture links. As a result, some of the following comments refer to older picture links. Some people may need to refresh this page a few times to see the new pics.

Insane Psychopath
05-06-2006, 08:32
Lav: Your Black Legion look good... but are you not going to add the Metal shoulder pads with the BL icon?????

My only little pick is, the guy with Bionic eye. I find the chain a little to think.

Other than that I can not wait to see how this army turn out. Also are you useing the new Nurlge Daemons Prince or will you be converting you own???

IP

EmperorsChamp01
05-06-2006, 08:42
Really nice but the Guy with the Monocol's leg chain is to big. Maybe if you attached it to like his hip then it might work.

McMullet
05-06-2006, 09:13
Why good sirrah, thine endeavours are most pleasing to mine eyes. Lo, it must be said, as regards ye goodly Legionnaire who bears, by means of a link'd chain of metal, a poignard at his hip, I dost verily find my thoughts veer in line with those of thine redoubtable EmperorsChamp01 and Insane Psychopath; no matter, however, the fault is small.

Eagerly do I attend upon yet more engravings of these fellows, forsooth!

Still learning
05-06-2006, 11:05
another project.. can't wait to see more. One question, what head is that with the bionic eye?

The boyz
05-06-2006, 11:18
mmmm Captain Morgan Rum, has to be one of my favourite spirits:) .

Back to the point, looking good so far Lavfluris. Some nice conversion work, I like the chaos space marine with the tentacle for a leg.I also like the pose of the CSM holding the Plasmagun. Looking forward to seeing some more updates.

Insane Psychopath
05-06-2006, 11:27
05-06-2006 11:05
Still learning
another project.. can't wait to see more. One question, what head is that with the bionic eye?

It is from the Space Marine assult squad new spure.

IP

Damien 1427
05-06-2006, 12:18
The drum-mag bolter is great, may have to nick that for my Afriel Strain Commandos. Like how you're working in a few Orky bitz, but the gun-sight on the last chap is a shade too large, and makes it look slightly comical.

Other than that, they're pretty damned nifty.

WanderingRogue
05-06-2006, 12:26
But then again, wanderingrogue wasn't in any shape for thinking about what he was saying :p

Its true i really wasnt. Dam the toy soldiers hall being next to a pub. :mad:

Looking nice though. Gonna be black obviously but how you doing em? Staining, drybrushing or good old doing it by hand paint around the plates?

Mortare
05-06-2006, 13:51
The figs look good, though i would add my name to the list of people suggesting that there is something not quite right with the guy with the chain. Also, how did you do the drum mag bolter- i have seen a few around now and was wondering what bitz were required. Ta

Damien 1427
05-06-2006, 14:54
Also, how did you do the drum mag bolter- i have seen a few around now and was wondering what bitz were required. Ta
I'm guessing he cut the magazine from a bolter, then cut the drum magazine from one of the plastic Ork shootas, and glued it into the place of the bolter mag.

Great Harlequin
05-06-2006, 19:07
O valiant Knight, worthy gentlemen!

Yay and verily, this is a joyous day indeed; no more shalt Hekátē, Queen of Ghosts, Goddess of Sorcery peverse thy intentions. Hear her no more, for tis a knell that draws you from the path...

Ah, smeg to this. I've done enough Shakespeare to last a lifetime. ;)

They're looking good, I can't wait to see you complete some of the larger entities in your army; I've seen enough of your Marines, but the projects have never progressed from there. ;)

One bone to pick: The Lascannon Marine.

I know it's hard to get some life into his pose, but I think the bionic arm is a little too stiff and straight. Could you somehow bend it slightly?

stormtrooper154
05-06-2006, 20:53
Ah ha!! Looking good so far, was beginning to think this project had slipped into the warp and be lost forever - mine seems to be heading that way. This may provide me some motivation!! Good work so far - now wheres that defiler!?

Lavfluris
05-06-2006, 21:00
Your Black Legion look good... but are you not going to add the Metal shoulder pads with the BL icon????? I did consider using the metal Black Legion shoulder pads, but I decided to avoid their level of detail in an effort to get the army painted quickly. I regret not using the Black Legion shoulder pads, but now it’s too late, so it doesn’t matter.

I find the chain a little to think.Granted, I found some smaller chain so I’ll sort that out later.

Also are you useing the new Nurlge Daemons Prince or will you be converting you own??? I’ll be converting the Undivided Daemon Prince. I’m not quite sure the pose I want can be achieved, but I guess that is why God and Muhammad granted me the gifts of handsaw, pin vice and brass rod.

Really nice but the Guy with the Monocol's leg chain is to big.I know, Insane Psychopath told me. ;)

Lo, it must be said, as regards ye goodly Legionnaire who bears, by means of a link'd chain of metal, a poignard at his hip, I dost verily find my thoughts veer in line with those of thine redoubtable EmperorsChamp01 and Insane Psychopath; no matter, however, the fault is small.Another one? I already said I found some smaller chain. :p

One question, what head is that with the bionic eye?I thought it was one of the plastic Space Marine Commander heads until Insane Psychopath pointed out that it may be, or rather, is, the new plastic Assault Veteran Sergeant head.

mmmm Captain Morgan Rum, has to be one of my favourite spirits .Yarr! :D

Like how you're working in a few Orky bitz, but the gun-sight on the last chap is a shade too large, and makes it look slightly comical. I guess it does. It is a conversion I’ve done once before and I have always liked it. I would have thought the gun sight was a useful item for a Chaos Space Marine who may have difficulty standing still and subsequently hitting the target.

Gonna be black obviously but how you doing em?I’m almost certainly going to use Stormtrooper154's colour scheme, which can be found here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=675027&postcount=57).

Every model will be predominantly black. The exceptions to this are the Daemon Prince and the Noise Marines, who will have either dark green or dark pink pink blended into their overall colour scheme.

The figs look good, though i would add my name to the list of people suggesting that there is something not quite right with the guy with the chain. Yet more, what’s going on? Is there a conspiracy or something? :p

Also, how did you do the drum mag bolter- i have seen a few around now and was wondering what bitz were required. TaDamien 1427 described the technique perfectly.

To reiterate, you cut off the Bolter’s magazine and replace it with an Ork Shoota drum magazine. It’s an easy conversion. One thing to bear in mind is that you’ll have to cut up to the third ridge on the grip, otherwise the drum magazine takes up most of the space needed for a Space Marine’s right hand.

They're looking good, I can't wait to see you complete some of the larger entities in your army; I've seen enough of your Marines, but the projects have never progressed from there.Cheeky little sod.

I know it's hard to get some life into his pose, but I think the bionic arm is a little too stiff and straight.Sadly, the posed will always have to be like that. The reason being is that the Iron Warrior Lascannon sticks out further to the right than other Lascannons normally do. To counter this, the left bionic arm is long than any other left arm. I was going to use a tentacle to grip the Lascannon, but I decided that was a common conversion and so used it on another Chaos Space Marine.

Good work so far - now wheres that defiler!?It will probably be revealed on Sunday. That’s if I can take some pictures I’m happy with, and I’ve been trying all week…

EDIT: Blasted spelling mistakes.

Konrad_Curze II
05-06-2006, 22:20
i like them, wanna see them painted now

Great Harlequin
06-06-2006, 16:56
Cheeky little sod.
You love me really. ;)

Sadly, the posed will always have to be like that. The reason being is that the Iron Warrior Lascannon sticks out further to the right than other Lascannons normally do. To counter this, the left bionic arm is long than any other left arm. I was going to use a tentacle to grip the Lascannon, but I decided that was a common conversion and so used it on another Chaos Space Marine.
Ah, ok.

And yes, I think avoiding the tentacle conversion was a wise move, especially if you want your army to have a flare of originality. Tis what you need to get Best Army and that additional point!

Hm... I've yet to build a couple of Lascannon guys for my Iron Warriors, and I was rather hoping I could have done something with them. I'll have to see when I get them here. I don't want identical poses, that's all.

Lavfluris
06-06-2006, 19:58
I don't want identical poses, that's all.Is that an indication you won't approve of my second Chaos Space Marine with Lascannon? The reason being is that, well, erm, he looks a tad similar you could say. ;)

Great Harlequin
06-06-2006, 21:20
Is that an indication you won't approve of my second Chaos Space Marine with Lascannon? The reason being is that, well, erm, he looks a tad similar you could say. ;)
No, not at all. I won't despise you if that's what you mean. ;)

It's just so far I've managed to avoid building identical poses for my Iron Warriors, despite GW's best attempts to foil my plans. And I've sort of set that as my mini little task - it's sad I know.

You're going to change the head at least, aren't you? :eek:

All the very bestest,

glenning
06-06-2006, 21:48
Nice start! I really like the running marine with the bare head, chain and ork shoulder pad, looks like he's ready to kick som loyalist ass! ;)

starlight
07-06-2006, 19:42
There's some mighty fine inspiration going on there.:D Good work.

.......at least for traitorous heretical scum.:D

cookiescrumble
07-06-2006, 19:45
We want to see more Lav...

Lavfluris
07-06-2006, 20:25
You're going to change the head at least, aren't you? :eek: Well, the superglues wedged it in, so no changing it now. ;)

I really like the running marine with the bare head, chain and ork shoulder pad, looks like he's ready to kick som loyalist ass! ;)Bar the infamous chain, yes, I rather like how he comes across as a warrior who has survived a fair bit of punishment.

There's some mighty fine inspiration going on there.:DCheers.

We want to see more Lav...You’ll have to wait until tomorrow. I may be nice and reveal the Chaos Defiler that I am very pleased with.

Zactar
08-06-2006, 01:46
*watching from the rafters*

Scorpio
08-06-2006, 02:08
Looking good...Really good.
Must see more.

-Scorpio

DarkstarSabre
08-06-2006, 10:54
Huge dils yo.

Keep it up Lav.

My only concern is the tentacle leg and that's largely because I find tentacle legs silly.

But they do look spiffeh!

Lavfluris
08-06-2006, 11:07
Must see more.And you shall, for it is on Thursdays and Sundays that I will update the thread with pictures.

Here is the second Chaos Space Marine squad:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion03.jpg

These models were assembled and photographed before the thickness of the chain was commented on, so yes, I am aware the chain is too thick and I will be changing it for the smaller chain I have found.

So don’t mention the ******* chain. ;)

And because I’m feeling nice, here is a preview of the Chaos Defiler:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion04.jpg

Comments are as always, welcome.

EDIT: I updated the picture links. As a result, some of the following comments refer to older picture links. Some people may need to refresh this page a few times to see the new pics.

Melchor
08-06-2006, 11:11
Ooh... looks promising! :) I like the Dreadnought-look you've got going on. Much better than the original spider-look.

McMullet
08-06-2006, 11:13
I think the chain is too... *dies*

Very nice, these guys look really mean. And the defiler looks suitably scary, I think I recognise some bits there.

Keep up the good work, you must be pretty much on schedule with these guys, right? I eagerly anticipate the painting...

Lavfluris
08-06-2006, 11:15
I like the Dreadnought-look you've got going on.I’m glad the Chaos Defiler is more interesting than the Chaos space Marines. ;)

The Chaos Defiler is actually a conversion I made sixteen months ago, but I decided to update it and change it's allegiance from the Thousand Sons to the Black Legion.

It's size makes it easier to hide behind terrain and move across the table.

Keep up the good work, you must be pretty much on schedule with these guys, right?I’m ahead of schedule. I started on the Daemon Prince on Sunday, which I was not supposed to do until next Monday.

The boyz
08-06-2006, 11:21
Wow looking good Lavfluris. That Defiler looks insane, I cant wait for the grand unvieling of it. The second squad of CSM are looking pretty good as well, I like the conversion work especially the CSM about to throw the grenade.Looking forward to more updates.

tzeentchgiant
08-06-2006, 12:48
Really cool marines there, the only thing I don't like (other than the thing I'm not allowed to mention) is the orc shoulderpad on the CW helemted marine, it looks out of place on the model, as in it should be pushed further back around his shoulder and it also just looks a bit sort of rubbishy compaired to teh rest of the models.

Anyways, none of that is important, the defiler however :eek:, I'm shaking in my boots, it looks great, very intimidating. I have no idea how it "hides better" in cover though, it's massive.

TG

cookiescrumble
08-06-2006, 12:49
Nice one Lav, copying GW's new advertising techniques are we???

Zactar
08-06-2006, 17:02
This looks promising, hehe, if you bring it to WW4 next year, I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.... *shudders of exitement*

Lavfluris
08-06-2006, 17:42
The second squad of CSM are looking pretty good as well, I like the conversion work especially the CSM about to throw the grenade.Aye, spikyjames did a similar conversion which inspired me to do mine. As a result, I’ve decided to refer that that particular model as Spiky James.

Really cool marines there, the only thing I don't like (other than the thing I'm not allowed to mention) is the orc shoulderpad on the CW helemted marine, it looks out of place on the model, as in it should be pushed further back around his shoulder and it also just looks a bit sort of rubbishy compaired to teh rest of the models.Fair enough, I think it looks particular cool. ;)

I have no idea how it "hides better" in cover though, it's massive.It’s four times smaller than the normal Chaos Defiler kit, so it’ll be a lot easier to hide, move and as I’ve just realised, transport.

Nice one Lav, copying GW's new advertising techniques are we???Of course.

This looks promising, hehe, if you bring it to WW4 next year, I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.... *shudders of exitement*Yes, I can’t wait to play each other again. I hope that next time, I won’t be so drunk that I start slamming Pertinax’s models on the table again. ;)

Insane Psychopath
08-06-2006, 18:58
Lav: Cool Chaos marines as always. I also see your going for the GW perview feel of blacking out the good models :D

What plans do you have for the Slanesh squads then?? could maybe use Lordi who won that comp a few weeks ago.

But again I look forward to seeing these guys up close that the GT event :D

IP

Lavfluris
08-06-2006, 19:04
What plans do you have for the Slanesh squads then??Bigger and better Blastmasters, headbanging and exposed flesh.

EDIT: I can't spell.

Railgunner
08-06-2006, 20:23
I want to see a proper picture of the defiler, it looks sweet already!!!

Railgunner

Chris_Tzeentch
09-06-2006, 12:18
I cant see any of the pics at all?

KayvaanShrike
09-06-2006, 12:20
yeah Lav pic links to photobucket are dead...., shame I wanted to see this Defiler, sounds good.

Badgobbla
09-06-2006, 12:24
Yes, I can’t wait to play each other again. I hope that next time, I won’t be so drunk that I start slamming Pertinax’s models on the table again. ;)

AND break them at the same time. :p

It seems the links are down mr. Lav :(

Lavfluris
09-06-2006, 13:07
I cant see any of the pics at all?The pictures link are fixed.

AND break them at the same time. :pI didn't break the Bloodthirster that badly. Pertinax might say otherwise. ;)

EDIT: I missed a vital word out in the above sentence.

Badgobbla
09-06-2006, 13:34
I didn't do the Bloodthirster that badly. Pertinax might say otherwise. ;)

Let's just hope Carl knows what he's doing this time.

And I have to say that big, black splotch looks very intimidating. Is that model ready?

stormtrooper154
09-06-2006, 19:01
I like the sneek peak of the defiler - it looks amazing!!

Chris_Tzeentch
09-06-2006, 19:05
Do you have any pics of the defiler in Thousand Sons mode? I am intrigued....

Looks like a serious loss to the Thousand Sons' cause!!!

Lavfluris
09-06-2006, 22:29
Let's just hope Carl knows what he's doing this time.Well, another victory to me can not hurt. ;)

Is that model ready?It is ready, with the exception of being painted. I completed it over a week ago, which is when I started the Daemon Prince.

Do you have any pics of the defiler in Thousand Sons mode?I do have some pictures of the Chaos Defiler from last year, which I will post up on Sunday. The updated Chaos Defiler looks far more intimidating.

In other news, I am thinking of purchasing enough Black Legion shoulder pads for the entire army, so I may well be removing the left shoulder pad from each model I have assembled in due course. Obviously, this will not effect the Noise Marines as they are yet to be assembled.

Great Harlequin
10-06-2006, 10:37
I definately approve of the second Chaos Marine squad; I think the range of different poses you have in the squad compliments each other very well. I'm particularly fond of the Sergeant - the head and the right-hand shoulder pad's inspired. It's just simple little conversions like that, that really give character to a figure. Lovely to see.

Loving the sneak preview of the Defiler as well. I'm interested to see how you've modelled the Battle Cannon on...

I see it's more manageable to fit behind terrain now as well! Modelling to one's advantage... don't trip over that beard. ;)

In other news, I am thinking of purchasing enough Black Legion shoulder pads for the entire army, so I may well be removing the left shoulder pad from each model I have assembled in due course. Obviously, this will not effect the Noise Marines as they are yet to be assembled.
That'll cost you a bit. Though, I suppose you don't have a large amount of infantry, unless you're considering modelling them on some of the larger pieces in your army as well? Sounds odd, but I've seen it done (and to great effect) before.

Anyway, that's some amazing work there, keep it up! I really want to start converting my Chaos Commanders, but Mail Order is defying me!

Zactar
10-06-2006, 10:53
Let's just hope Carl knows what he's doing this time.

Let's hope... Next time I'll have to get you more drunk than me... More latenight mayhem is always preferable... hehe

Lavfluris
10-06-2006, 21:13
I see it's more manageable to fit behind terrain now as well! Modelling to one's advantage... don't trip over that beard. ;)At least my Chaos Defiler has a base, so I can't be accused of rotating it to gain range and better assault moves. Ha, have at you! Cheeky little sod.
Oh, by the way, I updated the Chaos Defiler preveiw. I'm a bastard, I know. ;)

Though, I suppose you don't have a large amount of infantry, unless you're considering modelling them on some of the larger pieces in your army as well?The Chaos Predators will have some FW goodness on them, as well as an item from a very unlikely source. You'll have to wait and see if I do end up using this mystery item, as I'm not sure it'll work.

Next time I'll have to get you more drunk than me...I was far more drunk than you. I should know, I tried to speak drunken English to an equally, if not more, drunken Norwegian girl. We didn’t have a clue what we were saying to each other… Wait! I didn’t take advantage of a drunk Norwegian girl? Was I that drunk? :eek:

starlight
10-06-2006, 21:26
You were taken advantage of by a drunk Norwegian girl?:eek:

Pics?:D

Pertinax
10-06-2006, 21:30
Nope. No pics. But I have a pic of me taking advantage of Lav... :eek:

Lavfluris
10-06-2006, 21:31
Things are getting a little dodgy now. ;)

You were taken advantage of by a drunk Norwegian girl?No, not in the way us non-Norweigans would like. :p

But I have a pic of me taking advantage of Lav... :eek:Erm, no, there's only a picture of me taking advatange of you. I think I looked very pleased with myself...

starlight
10-06-2006, 21:46
Things are getting a little dodgy now. ;)

No, not in the way us non-Norweigans would like. :p

Erm, no, there's only a picture of me taking advatange of you. I think I looked very pleased with myself...

So give us some pics that are more in the direction that you'd like us to go.....you know, Leadership By Example.:p

Pertinax
10-06-2006, 21:47
No. You don't want to see that direction...

starlight
11-06-2006, 01:06
Too late, I think we've *all* seen *that* direction.:eek:

<thanks the Goddess in her Infinite Wisdom for sparing this humble servant from that experience>

<wonders:eyebrows: why so few Warseers have pictures of themselves that include females......>

Lavfluris
11-06-2006, 09:52
<wonders:eyebrows: why so few Warseers have pictures of themselves that include females......>Well, as this is very much a male hobby, I would hazard a guess that a nu,ber of gamers feed off the homo-erotic ness of competing with other men and become homosexuals.

My theory is a little far-fetched. ;)

Anyway, time to leave behind talk of Norwegian girls and homosexuals in the hobby.

Here is the Chaos Defiler:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion05.jpg

Comments are more than welcome.

cookiescrumble
11-06-2006, 10:21
Very nice Lav, still no piccies of painted models though...

Damien 1427
11-06-2006, 11:10
Y'know Lav, after all the build-up to the Defiler I'm somewhat disapointed. :p

Nah, 'tis good. Looks rather plain, 'cept the chains, but I imagine the paintjob will fix that. Either way, I salute you on building something that looks great, compared to the atrocious official model.

Great Harlequin
11-06-2006, 11:13
At least my Chaos Defiler has a base, so I can't be accused of rotating it to gain range and better assault moves. Ha, have at you! Cheeky little sod.

True enough, very gentlemenly of you.

However, it's very unlikely you'll ever be accused of that, when you hardly ever want to get into an assault, and have a 72" Battle Cannon anyway! I'm sure you meant well in heart though ;)

The Chaos Predators will have some FW goodness on them, as well as an item from a very unlikely source. You'll have to wait and see if I do end up using this mystery item, as I'm not sure it'll work.
Hm... looking forward to that - is this mystery item GW based?

Teh Defiler = :eek:

Absolute genius. I love how you captured the robotic and heavy-handed movement in its pose, and the weapon arms are just brilliant. I particularly like the Heavy Flamer canister stored underneath the left arm, great attention to detail.

Probably one of the best, if not the greatest, thing I've ever seen you do. Have a cookie!

All the very bestest,

Lavfluris
11-06-2006, 13:52
Nah, 'tis good. Looks rather plain, 'cept the chains, but I imagine the paintjob will fix that.True. Rather than going over the top with spikes, trimmings and every other thing that Chaos Space Marines vehicles have over Space Marine vehicles, I combined the plainness of the Space Marine vehicles with the jazziness of the Chaos Space Marine vehicles. I like the resulting contrast.

I expect a similar thing with happen with the two Chaos Predators. I’m still deciding on which combination will look best.

I'm sure you meant well in heart though ;)I sure did. :angel:

Hm... looking forward to that - is this mystery item GW based?Yep. I do not convert my models with non-GW components anymore.

Probably one of the best, if not the greatest, thing I've ever seen you do.Great, I’ll get another cookie for when I unveil the Daemon Prince soon. :D

Scorpio
11-06-2006, 15:13
The dread looks great. I especially like the chains.

-Scorpio

stormtrooper154
11-06-2006, 18:10
I like the defiler - but it feels like its missing something, Im not sure what but its not quite 'chaosy' enough. At this rate you will finish before me!! :eek:

starlight
11-06-2006, 19:11
Looks very nice.:D Can't wait to see it painted.:D

Da Ladz needz sumfink like dat.:D

Railgunner
11-06-2006, 19:51
Railgunner likes the Defiler:D

The boyz
11-06-2006, 20:39
Wow love the Defiler Lav, some great conversion work there. I like the claw hand and I also like the rather spikey feet. The chains help to add that nice little touch of class to it. I think it could do with something adding to the top though, it seems rather flat on top of the hull. Maybe a thew spikey bits on top or something like that. Other than that I love it.

Great Harlequin
11-06-2006, 21:31
Great, I’ll get another cookie for when I unveil the Daemon Prince soon. :D
We shall see...

But, I'm right outta double chocolate chip! :p

Btw, when my Dad looked over it, he said it was marvelous, but, he spotted one flaw. Ordnance weapons should not be able to fire on two legged walkers! The recoil would surely blast it off its feet? Maybe you ought to put some stabalising gear on to hold it in place? I mean, even things as large as a Leman Russ get shook about a bit by firing a Battle Cannon.

And if you don't whenever I play you I'll have to make you do the following:

Everytime Lav's Defiler fires its Battle Cannon, it must immediately roll a D6 and consult the following table:

On a Roll of:

1 - 2 ~ The Defiler is thrown back to the floor with an almighty recoil, it takes an immediate glancing hit from the blow and any models under it suffer a wound on a 4+ (normal armour saves apply as normal). In addition, it must forsake its movement in its next movement phase in order to scrabble to its feet.

3 - 4 ~ The Defiler is thrown back, but reacts fast enough to avoid harming itself. However, it must forsake a turn of movement in its next movement phase in order to scrabble to its feet.

5 - 6 ~ Remarkably the Defiler takes the recoil and stands upright, the player of the Defiler is allowed to punch the air and begin whooping. If this whooping takes over an alloted time of five minutes, however, his/her opponent may use any means they deem necessary to stop the player.

Thinking of you as always. ;)

Insane Psychopath
11-06-2006, 22:06
I'm with StromTrooper that the Deflier is missing somthing, maybe add a few of the skull on spikes from the tank spure or the Chaos icon hatch/spike coming throught them???

But it is missing somthing

IP

McMullet
11-06-2006, 23:00
The recoil would surely blast it off its feet?
The defiler should be massive enough to take the recoil; the only issue is the recoil knocking it off balance. Essentially, the daemon bound within it's iron hull would have to lean forward in such a way that the recoil effectively righted it. Which the daemon would be able to do (you can do stuff like this, for example when you push a heavy door open - you lean forward and allow your bodyweight to force the door open. If you're like me, you then read the word "Pull" on the door, but that's another matter).

I'm more pedantic than you, nyah nyah. :p;)

Anyhow, nice defiler, Lav!

tzeentchgiant
11-06-2006, 23:13
The dread/defiler is looking great, now it's a full coloured pic I do see how much smaller it is than the original, and also how downright impressive it is :D.

Great work, keep it up :).

TG

Konrad_Curze II
11-06-2006, 23:21
i like it, cant wait to see the army completed

Scorpio
12-06-2006, 03:19
All the dread would have to do to stop from falling over from the recoil is put one foot in front of the other and the recoil would be stopped especially if the demon was leaning foward too.

-Scorpio

Lavfluris
12-06-2006, 18:56
I like the defiler - but it feels like its missing something, Im not sure what but its not quite 'chaosy' enough.The lack of overly crass spikes, skull and Daemon faces by chance? ;) I think the model looks fine as it is. Adding more components to it would begin to detract from the look.

At this rate you will finish before me!!Well, I have the Daemon Prince and Obliterators to finish this week. Next week I will be making the Chaos Predators and then the following week I will be making the Noise Marines.

I think it could do with something adding to the top though, it seems rather flat on top of the hull.The Chaos Defiler has a hatch on top, which obviously cannot be seen in the pictures I have taken. Again, I feel that adding more components to the top would clutter the model.

The recoil would surely blast it off its feet?The Chaos Defiler Battle Cannon is of a noticeably smaller calibre than a Leman Russ, so the recoil is far less.

One thing to bear in mind is that the Chaos Defiler is firing at a high trajectory as it utilises Indirect Fire. Such a high trajectory will mean that the recoil will affect the Chaos Defiler more vertically than horizontally. As the Chaos Defilers legs are double reverse jointed, this will absorb a lot of the recoil. The Chaos Defiler can, as Scorpio points out, put one foot further forward than the other to further reduce recoil.

Added to that the unknown effects Daemonic possession has on recoil absorption, but you get the idea already. ;)

Thinking of you as always.Sod. ;)

Essentially, the daemon bound within it's iron hull would have to lean forward in such a way that the recoil effectively righted it.The Daemon has occupied the Chaos Defiler in a similar manner to Possessed Chaos Space Marines. It has simply taken the metal body of the Chaos Defiler as it’s material form, so the Daemon is only present in essence. Therefore, it cannot lean forward, especially when opening doors. :p

EDIT: Damn spelling mistakes.

McMullet
12-06-2006, 19:06
Well, I meant leaning the entire Defiler forward. What am I, an English graduate? :p

Mortare
12-06-2006, 20:14
Have you come into possession recently of a large quantity of modelling chain?! Like the figs so far, and like the originality of the defiler. Look forward to seeing more

Lavfluris
12-06-2006, 20:17
Well, I meant leaning the entire Defiler forward.If the Chaos Defiler leant forward, it would be unable to fire at a high trajectory. Better recoil absorption is gained from the method I described above. ;)

Have you come into possession recently of a large quantity of modelling chain?!Yes, I got a lot from Norway when I was last over. I enjoy using chain in my conversions. Just ask Inquisitor Engel; he loved the amount of chain I used on my long forgotten Thousand Sons.

Badgobbla
14-06-2006, 13:32
Nope. No pics. But I have a pic of me taking advantage of Lav... :eek:

Hey! I thought that pic was lost in the sands of time?

Back on topic: I like the look of that defiler! Now slap some paint on that puppy!

McMullet
14-06-2006, 20:58
If the Chaos Defiler leant forward, it would be unable to fire at a high trajectory. Better recoil absorption is gained from the method I described above. ;)
*rolls up sleeves*

*puts on engineering hat*

It'll never be firing at an angle of more than 45 degrees, since firing at a higher angle would simply result in reduced range and accuracy. Therefore some degree of leaning (which does the same job as spacing the feet out, only it's more effective and more reckless - thus clearly better ;)) would be necessary.

Lavfluris
15-06-2006, 01:00
Therefore some degree of leaning (which does the same job as spacing the feet out, only it's more effective and more reckless - thus clearly better ) would be necessary.So is that the explanation for the diagram you sent me? ;)

For the purposes of all of those reading from home, here is the diagram McMullet sent me:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion07.jpg

I’m still perplexed as to what all of the scribbling means. :p

Anyway, it is now Thursday, so it is update time.

Rather than show you the Obliterators or Daemon Prince, I have decided to delay their unveiling for a week so that I don’t show off all of the best models in my army in the space of ten days. As a result, the updates for today and Sunday will not be terribly exciting, so I can only apologise for those who want to see my next models. The wait will be worth it, I can assure you.

In the mean time, here is the army list which I am working towards:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion06.jpg

Playtesting will no doubt have an affect on the army list, but I think I already have a well-balanced army planned out.

Once again, sorry that today was not a great update, but I’d rather spread out the revealing of my better models.

ExquisiteEvil
19-06-2006, 18:09
Where was our Sunday update?

Lavfluris
22-06-2006, 13:49
Where was our Sunday update?You really want more? ;)

Anyway, I will not be updating this thread until Sunday at the earliest. Instead of making the Black Legion, I've been concentrating getting ready for the Carnage Social. This means that over the last week, I’ve been writing up the full rules and background material for the event, getting a Carnage website together and a few other important things.

Sadly, none of the above has been easy, as evidenced here:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion08.jpg

So yes, it’s been hectic but I’m nearly there. If I have my ponytail still, I would have pulled it out by now. :p

tzeentchgiant
22-06-2006, 15:04
That picture is begging for force lightening.

Absolutely begging for it :p.

TG

Insane Psychopath
22-06-2006, 17:37
Well, I can just make out the Oblits :D Lav just to ask, on the normal squads & the Oblits, why are the baseies red for the squad we seen so far & green for the Oblits???

Well look forward to see the Sunday update. Also another note is, the part you sent me done my IWs well & my army full ready for the GT (apart from A loot counter).

On that note, have you planned any loot counters???? since we WILL be fighting it that least once.

IP

Lavfluris
22-06-2006, 17:45
That picture is begging for force lightening.I’m sure that if someone can work some Photoshop magic on the picture, I would re-post it. ;)

Lav just to ask, on the normal squads & the Oblits, why are the baseies red for the squad we seen so far & green for the Oblits??? Squad markings for an unpainted army, I would have thought that was obvious. :p

On that note, have you planned any loot counters???? Sort of. I have the bases put to one side if that is what you mean…

McMullet
22-06-2006, 21:13
I’m sure that if someone can work some Photoshop magic on the picture, I would re-post it. ;)
Photoshop is for girls.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f309/MacMullet/BlackLegion10.jpg

stormtrooper154
11-07-2006, 01:00
Thought Id bump your thread, cant let it slip beyond page 3 eh ;)

Any more progress, I know youve been doing lots of Carnage stuff lately.

Lavfluris
11-07-2006, 01:59
Any more progress, I know youve been doing lots of Carnage stuff lately.
There will be a new update on Thursday. The update will include pictures of the revised Chaos Space Marine squads as well as the Obliterators.

El-Diablo
11-07-2006, 02:08
Just had a look at your army list, there's no point taking the man reaper with a second close combat weapon as you dont get the extra attack as the man reaper is a two handed weapon. Forgive me if im wrong, im slightly drunk. (Blame Jormangundr!!!!!)

El Diablo

Lavfluris
11-07-2006, 02:11
Just had a look at your army list, there's no point taking the man reaper with a second close combat weapon as you dont get the extra attack as the man reaper is a two handed weapon.A Manreaper doesn't allow me to use the Monstrous Creature spceial rules against vehicles, whilst a Close Combat Weapon does.

El-Diablo
11-07-2006, 11:04
Fair point. Now im sober it makes much more sense.

El Diablo

Lavfluris
14-07-2006, 00:46
And now for something completely different…

Here are the Obliterators:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion09.jpg

As you can see, I’ve done some extensive work to the models to make them look different and more importantly better than the normal models. They will hopefully stand out on the tabletop and draw the Judges eyes to the rest of the army.

In other news, I will be trying to make both Chaos Predators this weekend. If I achieve this, then all I need to do is slightly tweak the chaos Defiler, assemble the twelve Noise Marines and make a few adjustments to the Daemon Prince.

Nothing will go to plan though. :p

McMullet
14-07-2006, 01:14
Nice work on the obliterators there Lav.

Question: Those are plastic terminator heads. What are you going to do with the torsos? Are they being saved for some future alternate-head terminator army?

Lavfluris
14-07-2006, 01:17
Are they being saved for some future alternate-head terminator army?Correct. There is another Deathwing army in the consideration phase, but not until after Heat Two.

Zactar
14-07-2006, 13:21
I like those Obliterators, not so "overstocked" as the regulars. The only thing I would say is that that flamer should be straightened, but that's my opinion.

Zac

The boyz
14-07-2006, 17:31
That Obliterator looks very nice indeed Lavfluris. I love the conversion work. It certainly looks a lot better then the standard GW Obliterators. Good luck with those two Chaos Predators. Looking forward to seeing some more updates.

stormtrooper154
15-07-2006, 12:53
Oblitorators are looking good Lav. Im liking the look of this army, shame your going to Heat 2 and not Heat 1, guess we may meet in the final ;)

Lavfluris
17-07-2006, 19:59
The only thing I would say is that that flamer should be straightened, but that's my opinion.Each to their own, I really like how the flamer turned out. ;)

Good luck with those two Chaos Predators.I did not manage to start them this weekend. Still, there is plenty of time to get them done.

Scorpio
18-07-2006, 00:29
The oblits look great Lav. More deathwing? Something to look foward to I guess.

-Scorpio

Lavfluris
30-07-2006, 16:36
More deathwing?Yes, more Deathwing. If they do go ahead, they will be the most improper Deathwing army ever, but I'm confident they'll do well. Time will ultimately tell though, as I'm looking no further than Heat Two at the moment.

EDIT: I've been a little busy recently over the last two weeks, but I found time to assemble the rest of the army.

Here's the first Chaos Predator:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion10.jpg

The Chaos Predator is of an as yet undetermined pattern (literally, I need to come up with the pattern and the name). The design reminds me of a WW2 tank, but I cannot for the life of me remember which one.

Rich 123
30-07-2006, 16:49
Correct. There is another Deathwing army in the consideration phase, but not until after Heat Two.

More Deathwing on top of the others! Well at least they'll have some company ;)

I really like the obbliterators, good to see you went all out and made your own weapon arms rather than having them all similar (its amazing how Iron Warriors players seem so content with 9 nearly identical Obblits!). I just love the one with the smoke launchers in his arm! That would be bad luck to get a mutation like that - your other obbliterator mates are all mutating into lascannon heavy bolter wielding monsters and he gets lumped with a gun that fires smoke, great :D

Good to see you made some progress with the predators too (even if it took you a few days!). Interesting use of the SoB rhino part - do you know what will happen in that back turret ring though yet ? Or just a sheet of plasticard to hide it?

Good to see some progress going on though mate!
Rich

<<Edit: oh, good effort drilling out the rhino exhausts too, that bit of extra effort really helps!>>

Lavfluris
30-07-2006, 16:56
More Deathwing on top of the others! Why are you feigning surprise? You already know what the proposed Deathwing army will look like. ;)

That would be bad luck to get a mutation like that - your other obbliterator mates are all mutating into lascannon heavy bolter wielding monsters and he gets lumped with a gun that fires smoke, great :DThe smoke launchers represent a Missile Launcher, just one of the many options available to the Obliterators. I must admit, yes, it would be a bummer if I suddenly morphed a Smoke Launcher on the back of my hand when I was facing a Land Raider.

Interesting use of the SoB rhino part - do you know what will happen in that back turret ring though yet ?A Chaos Icon will find it’s way there. The original plan was to use very fine metal mesh in place of the plasticard, but in a moment of divine brilliance, I forgot to purchase it. Opps. :o

EDIT: Damn spelling mistakes!

Insane Psychopath
30-07-2006, 17:00
(its amazing how Iron Warriors players seem so content with 9 nearly identical Obblits!).

:(
My 6x IW Oblits are converted, sure may use the same sort of body (since there only two types) but I make sure none them the same pose wise & try mix things up.

Lav the Oblits do look cool & very inspering (sp). So what plans do you have for this Daemon Prince then?? Are you useing the new Nurgle one or what foul plans do you have :D

But again, alway great to see another Chaos army being built & full of conversion :D

IP

Rich 123
30-07-2006, 17:06
My appologies Insane Psycopath. It was a bit of a generalisation that IW comment.

Im sorry, in a very catty mood today, things havent been going too well for me lately.
That opinion was based mainly on the sort of things I see turning up in WD (when I still got it) so is probably largely false too.

Rich

Insane Psychopath
30-07-2006, 17:27
Rich 123 My appologies Insane Psycopath. It was a bit of a generalisation that IW comment.

Im sorry, in a very catty mood today, things havent been going too well for me lately.
That opinion was based mainly on the sort of things I see turning up in WD (when I still got it) so is probably largely false too.

Rich

It cool man, will not loss any sleep over it. It just because my own IW army that going to the GT, like Lav I wanted my force full converted, hell it because my IW force I am in my model making course in college that Glasgow :D

My Oblits where one of the reason & my crsifed Space Marine on Pred.

IP

Lavfluris
30-07-2006, 17:28
Are you useing the new Nurgle one or what foul plans do you have :DYou’ve asked the same question before so I’ll give a slightly longer answer this time. ;)

I’ll be converting the Undivided Daemon Prince, rather than use the Nurgle Daemon Prince. The model has been positioned so that it appears to be lunging forth with the Manreaper held high overhead. A lot of work needs to be done, so it will be the last thing I finish after both Chaos Predators and both Noise Marine squads.

EDIT: The current timetable I am working too should see both Chaos Predators and one Noise Marine squad finished by next Sunday.

Reinnon
30-07-2006, 21:18
you sir, are a talentless *******

there i said it lav

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

back to the real world.......

i don't like your turret, but other then that real nice models

Lavfluris
31-07-2006, 23:08
you sir, are a talentless f***You smooth talker. ;)

i don't like your turret, but other then that real nice modelsI guess because it is such a departure from the current kit, that some people will like it and others will not. Nice to hear both points of view.

Reinnon
31-07-2006, 23:11
hmmm, erm....moo?

still not 100% on the turret, but i do like the chains

static grass
01-08-2006, 00:17
I think it could use some more chains.

tzeentchgiant
01-08-2006, 00:40
That tank is so very sigged.

Awesome work :D.

TG

Velkyn Kyil
01-08-2006, 06:04
Ahoy!

I like the use of the Defiler bits on the sponsons, I might steal that idea... Not too sure on the forward placing of the turret, makes it look more/too compact.

Did you glue the chains, or are they hanging freely?

Lavfluris
01-08-2006, 08:02
I think it could use some more chains.The Chaos Predator has about as much chain as the Chaos Defiler, so I think that's more than enough. ;)

That tank is so very sigged.What letter am I?

Did you glue the chains, or are they hanging freely?The chains are glued down, to make it easier for painting. Only the ends are left loose. I may add one or two Chaos Marauder flail heads to the end of the chain, as I did with Pertinax’s Chaos Defilers.

Speaking of Pertinax, I better ask him to get me some more chain…

Mortare
01-08-2006, 13:34
Like the pred, just say that the design is a chaos upgrade on the previous predator version, the old chasis with the forward turret. Just hope no-one has strong magnets near your army, may inadvertently steal all of your chain laden figs!

tzeentchgiant
01-08-2006, 17:58
What letter am I?The "e" of "includes."

:)

TG

Lavfluris
01-08-2006, 18:38
Like the pred, just say that the design is a chaos upgrade on the previous predator version, the old chasis with the forward turret.There were two Predators of the forward turret design. They were the MkIIIc Phaeton pattern (the square metal turret) and the MkIId Skarath pattern (the bulbous metal turret). As my Chaos Predators resemble the MkIIIc Phaeton pattern, I will classify my design of Predator as the MkIIId Lavfluris pattern. Cheeky, I know, but at least my name will be remembered. ;)

Just hope no-one has strong magnets near your army, may inadvertently steal all of your chain laden figs!The chains are not magnetic, which is lucky as both sponsons are magnetised. I suspect that if someone does pull out a big magnet to disprove my theory, my spiky models will start flying towards the fool at an alarming speed. Whether the models are moved by magnetised, or by my own means of propulsion is yet to be seen. :p

Right, onto the Noise Marines!

Rich 123
02-08-2006, 02:09
Great pred there Lav, well once I realised I should refresh the page alot so I didnt keep seeing the same old WIP shots!

Really nice and busy how you'd imagine a chaos tank to look without it looking cluttered because of it. Its amazing how well the SoB parts blend in now as well.

I was debating putting magnets in the demolisher cannon of the vindi Im building now to angle the gun but decided against it for saving time and it being of little point. Im kind of disappointed I didn't know or I could have had some fun game winning moments at the Carnage tournie next year :)

Rich

The boyz
02-08-2006, 11:50
Wow that Predator looks great Lavfluris. I really like the conversion work. I like the new position of the turret. All the chains and extra armour look great too. Looking forward to seeing that painted and some more updates.

Lavfluris
02-08-2006, 22:39
I was debating putting magnets in the demolisher cannon of the vindi Im building now to angle the gun but decided against it for saving time and it being of little point.The only thing magnets are good for is to hold components together and make for easy disassembly. I think using magnets to create multiple angles of trajectory for the Demolisher Cannon would have been difficult, as the magnets commonly used are so strong it would be difficult to line them up without them magnetising whilst the superglue is still wet.

I learnt the hard way. ;)

Looking forward to seeing that painted and some more updates.Well, just for you, I have a rather… unique update.

As I want my Noise Marines to be dynamically posed in the midst of moshing, I have been doing some self-portraits using my brother’s guitar as a Blastmaster.

Here are the results:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion11.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion12.jpg

Each of the Noise Marine will have one of these poses, so stay tuned to see my likeness forever immortalised. :p

Sick
02-08-2006, 22:50
Awww please.....when will you grow up?:rolleyes:

Very nice defiler there!
Love the repositioning of yourself with the guitar!

:D

Lavfluris
02-08-2006, 23:26
Awww please.....when will you grow up?:rolleyes:I struggle to do so on a day to day basis. ;)

EDIT: Blasted spelling mistakes!

Heero-Severus
02-08-2006, 23:32
Ahhh godbless the mtv generation :) any excuse to pose with a guitar eh simon :P hehe

Top pics, i hope u can capture what your pulling off in thos photos (dont get excited, scroll up, he isnt really pulling off in the photos) They would look awsome if you do capture it.

Lavfluris
03-08-2006, 11:13
They would look awsome if you do capture it.That's the intention. Whether or not it is possible is another matter, but I am going to give it a go.

This morning I realised that the army will need to be based at some point in the next few weeks, in time for the Carnage Social. Rather than fiddle around with basing later on, I have ripped both Chaos Space Marine squads and the Obliterators from their bases. These models will be attached to some of the bases I made for my Alpha Legion.

stormtrooper154
03-08-2006, 21:41
Liking the Predator a lot. Keep up the good work. Hopefully your painting willl be as good as your modeling skills.

The boyz
03-08-2006, 22:03
Well, just for you, I have a rather… unique update.

Lol Lavfluris, cheers for that very unique update:D

That first Noise Marine is looking pretty good, nice conversion work I like the idea of swapping the end of the Sonic blaster around for one of the Chaos vehicle accesories gun barrel, head thingys.

Arcane_Blade
03-08-2006, 22:09
Lol, that first noise marine really does look like he's holding a guitar. (Not that the weapon looks like a guitar.) Very nice work on the Pred and the Noise marine. Keep the amazing work up. ;)

Reinnon
03-08-2006, 23:01
very nice marine

er....yeah, thats all i can think of atm

The Dragon Reborn
04-08-2006, 00:51
that is a beauty of an army! good luck getting it done for the social.

what colors are you planning on painting them?

keep us updated.

andy10k
04-08-2006, 01:34
Loving your work so far ^^ keep up the wonderful standard you've set yourself :D

And i'll see you at the heats.

Lavfluris
04-08-2006, 02:14
Thanks. :D

Just one small update before I go to bed.

Here are the finish Loot counters:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion13.jpg

tzeentchgiant
04-08-2006, 02:26
Those are some damn classy loot counters :D.

Great work :).

TG

The boyz
04-08-2006, 09:51
Those are some very nice looking Loot counters Lavfluris. I like all the extra bits and pieces you have added to them. The bases look good so far too.

Insane Psychopath
04-08-2006, 14:07
Your Black Legion are shapeing up very nicely. Very cool idear with the loot counters as well.

Have you had any games yet with the Black Legion & how have they done so far.

Great Harlequin
04-08-2006, 14:53
Been out of the system for a while! Thanks for telling me this was all up and running again, Lav!

Shaping up great so far, very impressive. :cool:

Have to say the first Blastmaster Marine simply isn't as handsome as the picture you posted as its template. I'm most displeased. ;)

The Predator's wonderful, the use of the chain's really brought it to life. What's it look like from the back? Cos in the WIP pics I just looked at, I thought behind the turret it was a little empty and plain. Though I don't know if that's changed or whether the chain has rectified that at all?

Looking shiny, can't wait to see this army in the flesh! Any of it being taken to the Social?

Aquilla
04-08-2006, 15:20
Some great work here.
The noise marines should prove interesting.
Keep up the good work!

Lavfluris
04-08-2006, 20:07
I'm currently housesitting this weekend, so I will have plenty of time to get the Objective counter and the first Noise Marine squad finished. I should also be able to start the second Noise Marine squad, distractions aside.

Have you had any games yet with the Black Legion & how have they done so far.I have had a few games in which the Black Legion have served me well.

I'm not expectating to get much practice before Heat Two due to various projects currently in devolopment. This does not deter me as I came 6th at Winter War 2 and 3rd at Winter War 3 without any practice whatsoever. Confident of reaching the Finals? You ******* well know I am. :p

I'm most displeased. ;)Cheeky little sod...

Though I don't know if that's changed or whether the chain has rectified that at all?The Chaos Predator's rear armour is still the same. There will not be any changes as I am hoping that few people will see the rear armour.

Any of it being taken to the Social?Let me put it this way, if you get to Warhammer World for the afternoon before the Carnage Social, then you can play against the Black Legion. ;)

KayvaanShrike
05-08-2006, 09:09
Your work is awesome Lav. I like the Pred a lot. The chains are awesome on it, and look really good, and Chaosy (well duh!) Keep us updated, its much appreciated.

pompeyladbfp
05-08-2006, 11:14
stop loafing and get it finished and painted.... :)

Great Harlequin
05-08-2006, 12:25
I'm not expectating to get much practice before Heat Two due to various projects currently in devolopment. This does not deter me as I came 6th at Winter War 2 and 3rd at Winter War 3 without any practice whatsoever. Confident of reaching the Finals? You ******* well know I am. :p
Oo-rah!

Maybe your army should have the motto of 'We're better than you, and we know it!' ;)

The Chaos Predator's rear armour is still the same. There will not be any changes as I am hoping that few people will see the rear armour.
Fair enough, if it gets through to Best Painted just make sure you don't expose the rear. In fact I know someone who managed to win a Best Army award who'd got a few vehicles all of which were completely unpainted at the back.

Next time he was caught out and shouted to the entire hall, "Damn, she's got a fat ass!" :D

Let me put it this way, if you get to Warhammer World for the afternoon before the Carnage Social, then you can play against the Black Legion. ;)
I'll see what I can do, though I suspect I'll be travelling up on the Saturday morning...

All the very bestest,

Lavfluris
06-08-2006, 08:59
********!

On Friday night, I broke the 1mm drill bit I use for all of my pinning, which is especially vital for the Noise Marines. As a result, I only managed to complete the Objective counter before fate interjected itself.

Luckily, my Father helped out and I am now equipped with a new drill bit, which means work has continued on the Noise Marines. So far I have completed the headbanger, bringing the complete Noise Marine up to three. I am also half way through the next Noise Marine. All being well, I will be able to complete the squad before I arrive home this evening.

After this squad is complete, there is only the Chaos Predator, Daemon Prince and a second Noise Mrine squad to complete. The Chaod Defiler also needs rebasing and possibly some magnetic additions.

I'll see what I can do, though I suspect I'll be travelling up on the Saturday morning...Ah well, I was looking forward to a challenge. ;)

Velkyn Kyil
06-08-2006, 09:12
Looking great, Simon!

Any pics of the so far assembled Noise Marines?

Lavfluris
06-08-2006, 09:23
Any pics of the so far assembled Noise Marines?There is only one close up picture of a Noise Marine.

EDIT: Blasted spelling mistakes!

Velkyn Kyil
06-08-2006, 09:38
Squad Asura: Two models assembled.

Where's the other one, eh? eeeeeh?

Lavfluris
06-08-2006, 20:24
Where's the other one, eh? eeeeeh?Other one? There’s four now. ;).

Here is the Objective counter:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion14.jpg

Work on the last two Noise Marines will continue tonight.

Thanks for the comments so far, keep them coming. :)

cookiescrumble
06-08-2006, 20:28
And here is the Objective counter:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion14.jpg

Love those counters, very funky! ;)

Lavfluris
06-08-2006, 20:30
Let it be known that I’ve taken the time to resize all of the pictures in this thread to make them more dial-up friendly. To see these new pics, many users will need to refresh each page a few times. I’m a considerate guy, sometimes… :p

Love those objective counters, very funky!Thanks for the compliment, but what about the Noise Marines? And when do you want a game? ;)

EDIT: Damn spelling mistakes!

cookiescrumble
06-08-2006, 20:32
I think you may have posted the wrong pics, unless your objective counter is indeed a cardboard cut-out of yourself playing a guitar. :rolleyes:

As for the game, let me know when you are free. I've got nothing really next week if thats good for you?

stormtrooper154
06-08-2006, 20:46
Looking good. Lots of good conversions. What is the loot counter marine supposed to be doing?

Lavfluris
06-08-2006, 20:46
I think you may have posted the wrong pics, unless your objective counter is indeed a cardboard cut-out of yourself playing a guitar. :rolleyes:Refresh this page a few times.

I've got nothing really next week if thats good for you?I'd be looking at a game on Thursday afternoon. Here in Fareham would be better if you do not mind, as I don't yet have a carry case for the army.

What is the loot counter marine supposed to be doing?He is trying to drag a vital piece of equipment back to the rest of the army. He has had his right leg blown off, which has slowed down his return.

cookiescrumble
06-08-2006, 20:49
I'll have to see if i can get someone to cover my shift at work.

Or i may just have to develop the one day flu. :evilgrin:

Fareham's good, probably get the train up.

Insane Psychopath
06-08-2006, 21:01
The new update photos of the Black Legion is really good. As said while back the conversion are really good & cool to see the Black Legion metal pads on them :D

Just to ask, the object marker of the wounded Chaos Marine, what mission is that to be use in GT wise??? or is this to do with the Carnage event you are running??? Just I see you already have 5x Loot counter (the banners). It just incase I got do some more work for my own GT army :D

But it is cool conversion, have you though of maybe having Plastic-rod coming out the blow off leg??? Just a idear

Again great to see the update & alway cool seeing a new Chaos army born with nice conversion :D

IP

Lavfluris
06-08-2006, 21:08
Just to ask, the object marker of the wounded Chaos Marine, what mission is that to be use in GT wise???It is used to represent the middle of the table in a ‘Take and Hold’ mission. Most tournaments ask for a suitable model to be supplied for this purpose.

But it is cool conversion, have you though of maybe having Plastic-rod coming out the blow off leg???The stump itself is covered by the equipment, so I never saw a need to spend much time converting the wound itself.

Insane Psychopath
06-08-2006, 21:25
It is used to represent the middle of the table in a ‘Take and Hold’ mission. Most tournaments ask for a suitable model to be supplied for this purpose.

The stump itself is covered by the equipment, so I never saw a need to spend much time converting the wound itself.

Thanks for point out the mission & fare enough on the stump

But again great conversion.

A bit off topic, but the Guard Launcher I sent you a while back, what are they being use for??

Thanks

IP

Lavfluris
07-08-2006, 07:44
A bit off topic, but the Guard Launcher I sent you a while back, what are they being use for??The Missile Launcher is being used for the Alpha Legion, or failing that, an Imperial Guard army I am going to build for my young nephew who is getting into the game.

McMullet
07-08-2006, 11:17
Look at those poses, you're a natural guitarist. Doesn't matter if you're tone deaf, as long as you know how to lean back and scream and stuff.

Great work as ever Lav, I'm dizzy with anticipation for the painting.

sheep
07-08-2006, 14:03
Worked in Euro-vision :p

Lavfluris
07-08-2006, 19:33
Pictures of the finished Noise Marine squad will go up tonight.

Look at those poses, you're a natural guitarist.Maybe I can learn to play guitar for our band, Organ Gun, then? ;)

Great work as ever Lav, I'm dizzy with anticipation for the painting.The army should at least be three coloured for the Carnage Social, though if worse does come to worse and I get bogged down, they will at least be undercoated. Serious painting commences from after the Carnage Social right up to Heat 2 itself. The aim is to complete at least one vehicle or squad per week, which gives me plenty of time.

Worked in Euro-vision :pLordi won due to their talent… and penchant for very big… gribbly… monster suits…

stormtrooper154
07-08-2006, 19:34
Still looking good. How much more do you have left to build?

Lavfluris
07-08-2006, 19:36
How much more do you have left to build?Six Noise Marines, one Chaos Predator, one half assembled Daemon Prince and a Chaos Defiler in need of rebasing. I am hoping to get these done for the end of next week.

pompeyladbfp
07-08-2006, 20:42
if you need more practise, our club in pompey has some hardcore wps tourney goers there....even though august is a quiet period...

http://www.freewebs.com/battleforcepompey/index.htm

Gen_eV
07-08-2006, 21:01
Oh, now these are looking nice.
Noise Marines are looking good, especially the second-from-right on the first pic, there's a fantastic sense of motion in that model. And the Obliterators are very nice as well. Somehow the patches of flesh are looking more relevantly-placed and sculpted than the originals. I can just imagine the flesh tearing and barrels poking there way through.

Oh, and now you're getting me worried about Carnage - so far I have the grand total of 0 models constructed. Really should get moving on those guys soon...

Lavfluris
07-08-2006, 21:50
Please refresh this page immeadiatly.

Anyway, (ladies and) gentlemen, may I present to you, one completed Noise Marine squad!

Here we go:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/Black%20Legion%20-%20WIP%20-%20Heat%20One/BlackLegion15.jpg

I am very happy with how these models turned out. :D

if you need more practise, our club in pompey has some hardcore wps tourney goers there....even though august is a quiet period...I’ll decline your offer at this moment in time, as I am trying to spend as much time modelling and painting as I possibly can. One day. ;)

Really should get moving on those guys soon...Yep, get off your **** and get started!

EDIT: Damn damn damn spelling mistakes!

stormtrooper154
07-08-2006, 21:52
I was forced at gunpoint to spam this thread.......................the noise.........................so loud!!!

andy10k
07-08-2006, 22:05
w000t :D luvin the work m8, the end project is gonna be amazing.

Make sure you dont get side trailed now :P

McMullet
08-08-2006, 10:00
GOOD POINTING!!!1!!1"1!1"221!!!

You're not doing so badly there.

Lavfluris
09-08-2006, 11:34
I have taken down all of the pictures as I am currently re-photographing all of my miniatures. I have also renamed the Photobucket folder the pictures will be uploaded too, so there will be no refresh issues. :)

Progress on the second Chaos Predator is going well, although I have come across one small problem. I lack a sponson arm and sensor. As a result I have ordered a new sprue from GW which should arrive shortly. The chain I need for this vehicle should also be arriving next week, thanks to Pertinax, who is sending me three packs of this much beloved chain.

The Chaos Defiler should also be re-constructed this evening. If the new base turns out as I envision, the Chaos Defiler will be far more dynamic than before. The new base will also solve the issues that were voiced earlier on with regards to recoil absorption. As with the second Chaos Predator, I require some chain to finish off the Chaos Defiler.

The chain I need to finish off the Noise Marines has not as yet arrived, though I suspect it is being delivered today or tomorrow. Adding the chain to these models should not too long, so I can always do them just before tomorrow's gaming marathon.

So, there's plenty of work being done. ;)

Insane Psychopath
09-08-2006, 13:06
Lav: What armies will you be fighting tomorrow then?? & will w here on this topic how the fare. Haveing 6 games back to back is insane & it dose make you tired, but take it you will be fighting all mission.

Can't wait to see the new photos & good luck with your game. Your army should do good.

IP

cookiescrumble
09-08-2006, 14:14
Well, i can say he will have 2 games against my Imperial Guard.

Lavfluris
10-08-2006, 09:21

In my eagerness to take my army downstairs to the gaming table, I dropped my first ever model down the stairs. When I say I dropped the model down the stairs, I mean it fell out of hand and then bounced on every step on the way down with bits flying off everywhere.

I dropped the Chaos Defiler.

Yes, the best single converted model so far. I dropped it down the stairs and the results do not look particularly good. :p

So, I’ll be making a new one next week…

What armies will you be fighting tomorrow then??I will be playing two games each against Imperial Guard, Necrons and the 13th Company. A nice even spread you could say. ;)

cookiescrumble
10-08-2006, 09:24

That sums it up well! :evilgrin:

McMullet
10-08-2006, 09:26
You just can't help making life hard for yourself, can you? :p

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Well, at least this means there'll be some other funky convertion so look at next week...

Lavfluris
10-08-2006, 18:00
I’m now over half way through my gaming marathon.

So far I’ve played two games against cookiescrumble’s Imperial Guard and one game against Heero-Severus’ Necrons.

Against cookiescrumble, our first game was Seek and Destroy at the Omega level. This gave the Imperial Guard a distinct disadvantage, as their tanks would move onto the board. Whilst the amount of models forced cookiescrumble to deploy along the length of the board, I deployed to refuse his right flank. Throughout the early turns, cookiescrumble’s dice rolls were so atrocious that they ultimately ended up losing him the game. In the first two turns alone, all he managed was to wound an Obliterator, whilst I had killed twenty Guardsmen and two Sentinels. The game ended as a complete Annihilation for me.

In the second game against cookiescrumble, we played Secure and Control at the Gamma level, which immediately gave the Imperial Guard an advantage with vehicles. I deployed across the length of the board to maximise my ability to capture the Loot counters. I spent the first few turns concentrating all of my firepower upon the Leman Russ’. In particular, the Demolisher lasted six full turns before it was destroyed. cookiescrumble’s start was much better than the last game. That was until my Daemon Prince assaulted the Imperial Guard’s left flank in the second turn. From there on, the Daemon Prince tore through pretty much every single Imperial Guardsmen in the army. The game also ended as a complete Annihilation for me.

In my third game, this time against Heero-Severus, we played Seek and Destroy at the Gamma level. Heero-Severus attempted to refuse my left flank, but we both deployed almost the entirety of our armies opposite each other. In the first turn, I shot down eleven Necron Warriors, whilst Heero-Severus shot down four Noise Marines. This set the precedent for the rest of the game, neither of our armies wishing to get into combat, except for when my Daemon Prince assaulted the Necron’s right flank. The Daemon Prince would eventually defeat a Necron Lord and twenty-three Necron Warriors single handed, whilst the Nightbringer never reached combat but destroyed both of my Chaos Predators and finished off the Noise Marines damaged in turn one. Heero-Severus’s Scarabs managed to assault the Chaos Defiler and destroy it, though if I had not made the mistake of rapid firing the Bolters in one of my Noise Marine squads, I could have assaulted the Scarabs before they reached the Chaos Defiler. The game also ended as a complete Annihilation for me.

Not bad so far. ;)

Well, at least this means there'll be some other funky convertion so look at next week...Yes, the new Chaos Defiler will be far bigger and meaner than the original.

Rich 123
10-08-2006, 18:05
Sounds like youre doing well so far mate ;)

I just have to hop eyou bring your Black Legion to the carnage tournie when my marines are finally finished! That should mean Ill only loose slightly worse ;)

Good to see your BL have ben christained in battle at least - you have to get used to playing chaos armies though wont you ;)

Rich

Insane Psychopath
10-08-2006, 18:17
Shame about the Deflier falling apart, but as you said. You will make a bigger & newer one.

Also good on the three wins in a row.

IP

Heero-Severus
10-08-2006, 19:03
Yeah simons force is quite nasty. Not as nasty as his ability to make high rolls in 20 turns only once did his obliterators move less than 4" slow i think not ... purposeful very... I think the forces of chaos had resurrected david brent for the pre-game motivation!! :D

Id also say on the other side that cookie had the misfortune to have dice that gravitated around rolls of 1 or 2, unless morale checks were in order!

Ive got to say the models on show by simon were top , cant wait to see them painted!

McMullet
10-08-2006, 21:40
Hey, he's not been "converting" his dice as well has he...? :eek: :p

Gotta hand it to that man, when he makes a mean list he makes a meeeeean list.

cookiescrumble
11-08-2006, 08:38
Yeah, my dice-fu was very weak that day.

It was those chaos hounds of Lavfluris, evil creatures, evil i tell you.

Gen_eV
12-08-2006, 02:19
Well, I'm glad his list's nice and strong - I'm on the side of darkness at Carnage, so it's all good from my perspective! Hopefully he'll keep luck like that at the social, either that or share it with all us Chaos players. ;)

Lavfluris
12-08-2006, 03:01
Arr!

So, in my fourth and final game against my best friend, we played Secure and Control at the Omega. As a result, the Necrons had to wait for their Destroyers and Monolith to arrive. We both deployed across the length of the centreboard where the great number of Loot counters were concentrated. I spent the first two turns pouring as much firepower into a single Necron Warrior unit as he advanced towards me. Things were going very well for me until his Monolith arrived. It is at that point I fancied a real challenge and advised my friend on the best thing he could do with the Monolith. Unfortunately, he listened to me and it landed right before my lines, spewing forth a Necron Warrior unit that assaulted my two Chaos Space Marine units and held them up for the rest of the game. As the Monolith also dominated the centre of the board and thus block line of sight, the Necrons were able to gradually overwhelm my army piece by piece, although the Obliterators, being half way across the board, defiantly contested one of the two Loot counters. Amazingly, my best friend only scored a Solid Victory, such was the damage I did inflict upon his army.

After five games and four victories, three of which happened yesterday, I feel rather confident with the army and look forward to next week’s marathon.

In other news the second Chaos Predator has been assembled although it requires chains to finish it off.

That should mean Ill only loose slightly worseOkay then, I challenge you to a game on the Friday before the Carnage Social. I couldn’t think of a better way to build up our friendship. ;)

I think the forces of chaos had resurrected david brent for the pre-game motivation!! :DI’m afraid my pre-battle motivation was a bowl of Shreddies and BBC News 24, nowhere near as glamorous as Ricky Gervais giving me tips. Had David Brent returned, my dancing and clicking of fingers would have been far worse than they were. :p

It was those chaos hounds of Lavfluris, evil creatures, evil i tell you.Smeg and Dozer were well behaved, so leave them alone. ;)

EDIT: Spelling mistakes!

noneedforaname
12-08-2006, 11:19
Isn't a monolith a skimmer? therefore does not block line of sight? doh!

Rich 123
12-08-2006, 11:30
Okay then, I challenge you to a game on the Friday before the Carnage Social. I couldn’t think of a better way to build up our friendship.

Ok, you're on then. Ill look forward to it :)

Youre getting through the remainder of your army quickly now. Are you leaving painting until you've done converting like I am too then?

I don't see the defiler up on you to do list though - is it done already then ? It can't be! :eek:

Good luck mate
Rich

When Black Roses Bloom
12-08-2006, 16:19
Is it my explorer? Or the pictures are all off-line (deleted/removed) from photobucket?

Lavfluris
17-08-2006, 12:54
Right, I now only have the Chaos Defiler and Daemon Prince to assemble, which if all goes to schedule, should be completed by next Thursday. No picture updates will appear until next Thursday, as I want to crack on and get the models assembled.

I will also be playing three more games today against Space Wolves and Necrons, so hopefully I will be reporting on my successes, but who knows. ;)

Isn't a monolith a skimmer?It is, but the wrecked remains are sadly not. ;)

Are you leaving painting until you've done converting like I am too then?Aye. I will at least have the army undercoated for the Carnage Social and will then paint it up properly in the nine weeks before Heat 2.

I don't see the defiler up on you to do list though - is it done already then ? It's on the list on unassembled models, so you may want to check your eyesight. :p

Is it my explorer? Or the pictures are all off-line (deleted/removed) from photobucket?I have taken down all of the pictures as I am currently re-photographing all of my miniatures.

And last, but not least, here is a sneak preview of the bigger, badder and *********** awesome Chaos Defiler that replaces the broken one…

Aquilla
17-08-2006, 16:56
Looking forward to seeing how the new defiler turns out.

Insane Psychopath
17-08-2006, 19:18
That new Deflier is going to look cooler, I like how your going to use the Forge World Black Legion Dreadnought.

Ohh yeah & on that note, don't drop this one :rolleyes: just resin is a b*** when it drops & you will go ape poo should it happen.

But dose look cool & I do perffer it than the older one :D

IP

Lavfluris
20-08-2006, 09:31
Looking forward to seeing how the new defiler turns out.Not long now, only four days to go until I will hopefully be revealing the entire army. That is if everything goes to plan…

Anyway, I have played one game against Heero-Severus’ Necrons and two games against Horton’s Space Wolves.

In my first game, against Heero-Severus, we played Seek and Destroy at the Gamma level. Heero-Severus attempted to refuse my right flank, with the exception of his Destroyers and Wraith. I responded by deploying almost the entirety of my army opposite the main bulk of his, whilst a unit of Noise Marines and a Chaos Predator would deal with his flankers. In the first turn, I began my barrage on the Nightbringer by taking him down to three wounds. I also shot down three of the Destroyers. Heero-Severus managed to lose his downed Destroyers and managed to immobilise a Chaos Predator. The rest of the game revolved around the destruction of the Nightbringer in turn three, my Chaos Lord’s unhindered rampage through the remaining thirty Necron Warriors and my ability to pass every armour save I was asked to make, with the exception of two on my Chaos Lord. Heero-Severus was not pleased that I phased out his army, yet lost nothing in return. The game ended as a complete Annihilation for me.

In my second game, against Horton, we played Seek and Destroy at the Omega level. Night Fight would also take place on the first turn. Horton deployed his units across the entirety of the board, whilst I only deployed a sole unit of Noise Marines on my right flank as the larger amount of Loot counters were on my left flank. In the first turn, Horton was unable to harm me, whilst my Obliterators fired upon the Long Fangs in the distance. Not only did I manage to see the full 27” distance, but I also killed four of them with Heavy Bolter fire. Horton was slightly shocked by this, but grinned and rolled with it. The rest of the game became more difficult for me as more of the Space Wolves reserves appeared. On my right flank, a Predator Annihilator appeared to support the two Grey Hunter units against my Chaos Defiler, a Chaos Predator and the Noise Marines. The sole objective on this side of the board was left unclaimed, as neither of us had a scoring unit in the vicinity. On my left flank, the combined effort of some good shooting on Horton’s part and an early appearance by some Space Wolf Scouts took out a Noise Marine and Chaos Space Marine Squad. I returned the favour by destroying the Wolf Scouts and Leman Russ Exterminator with my Chaos Lord, who eventually bit the dust against the remaining Blood Claws and Wolf Priest. Although we did not tally up the Victory Points, Horton only had two Independent Characters, around eight surviving Grey Slayers and his Predator Annihilator, whilst I had my Obliterators, two Chaos Predators, a Chaos Space Marine squad and some surviving Noise Marines and possession of one Loot Counter. Thus, the game ended as a Crushing Victory for me, though there is a small chance that it may have been an Annihilation.

In my third game, against Horton, we played Recon at the Gamma level in a Cities of Death game. Now being the first time I have played Cities of Death, I was neither sure of the rules, or what I was doing, so I viewed this game as an excuse to have fun. Horton deployed his units across my right flank behind a large Cathedral, whilst I deployed my army on the other side. A sole unit of Chaos Space Marines and the Chaos Defiler took up position in and around a large building on my left flank. For the most part, the shooting in this game was my only advantage, such as my almost complete annihilation of his Long Fangs in the first turn. A combat driven game would ultimately favour Horton, as my only combat units were the Chaos Lord and the Obliterators. My memory of this game is shaky, thanks to the fact we played well beyond the six turns we were supposed too, though I suspect Horton had a Predator Annihilator in my deployment zone when the game ended with two Independent Characters running forward as fast as possible. I myself had two Chaos Space Marine squads and two Chaos Predators, firing wildly at whatever came near me. It took the entirety of the game for me to destroy his Predator Annihilator with one of my own Chaos Predators, whereas Horton overwhelmed my Chaos Lord and Obliterators, but lost almost all of his army to my shooting. Again, as we did not tally up the Victory Points nor end the game when we were supposed too, I am not sure of the outcome of the game, though I suspect it was a Solid Victory to me, is not a very low Crushing Victory. I’ll never know. ;)

So, after eight battles, the Black Legion has won all but one game. I am so far struggling to see anything I could change, though no doubt something will become obvious to me as time marches forward.

I am hoping to have some games on Thursday, for these would probably be my last games before the Carnage Social as I am away on holiday next weekend.

Changing the subject slightly, as a lot of things are currently in the works, I’ve decided to post a newer progress report, so that everyone is up to date.

Here is the latest summary:
Chaos Lord – Arakus, the Disfavoured of Nurgle: Unassembled.

6 Slaanesh Chaos Space Marines – Squad Asura: Assembled.

6 Slaanesh Chaos Space Marines – Squad Sahitan: Assembled.

3 Obliterators – Squad Cronan: Assembled.

6 Undivided Chaos Space Marines – Squad Eblis: Assembled.

6 Undivided Chaos Space Marines– Squad Karayan: Assembled.

Chaos Defiler – Mukesh: Unassembled.

Chaos Predator – Adrik: Assembled but requires chains.

Chaos Predator – Usuran: Assembled.

In other news, I have decided upon my final 40K army. It's a horde army and there will be a lot of conversion. :eek:

Heero-Severus
20-08-2006, 21:16
Its fair to say that simon rolled some mean armour saves in our game, to the extent he wants to steal my dice for the tourny! Necrons need some ap3 weaps!

The army looked sexeh as ever!

Lavfluris
21-08-2006, 19:34
I played two more games on Sunday, one against Horton’s Space Wolves and one against Nick’s Tyranids.

I can not remember exactly what happened on my game against Horton, though he did concede on turn three as it was already clear at that point that I had won the game. A combination of lucky shots and dominance of the board led to this.

In my second game against Nick’s Tyranids, we played Seek and Destroy at the Omega level. Nick deployed all of his Gaunts and Rippers along the length of the board, whilst I tried to deploy my army to block off as many hiding places for his Broodlord and Genestealers as I possibly could. Sadly, I missed one hiding place and so the Broodlord was deployed out of sight on my far left flank. Bugger. Nick spent the first few turns running his Gaunts as far forward as possible whilst I attempted to shoot down as many as possible. The Broodlord and Genestealers destroyed one Chaos Space Marine squad, although they themselves were wiped out in the next turn by a Noise Marine squad and a Chaos Predator. I managed to inflict a lot of damage with my shooting, but his Gaunt eventually reached my lines and one by one, my squads were gradually overwhelmed. I was fortunate enough to break and destroy two Gaunt units, thanks to the lumbering Synapse creatures being far behind. My Chaos Predators were also very fortunate, as they managed to avoid being damaged up until the fifth turn, when Nick managed to shoot down both vehicles with his bio-gun totting Carnifexes, which them left my with my Daemon Prince and Chaos Defiler. The Daemon Prince eventually succumbed to the Hourmagaunt whilst the Chaos Defiler was caught up squashing Ripper Swarms. The game ended as an Annihilation to Nick, as I only had the Chaos Defiler left, whilst he had two unscathed Carnifexes, a single Tyranid Warrior, a half wounded Hive Tyrant and twelve Hourmagaunts.

So, that is my second and most crushing defeat and I’m very happy about how I managed to keep level pegging with Nick until the mid game, by which point I had lost three of my squads and any chance of a draw had slipped away.

Hopefully a rematch can be arranged before Nick competes in Heat One… I’ll get you yet! :p

Necrons need some ap3 weaps!I keep saying one or two Monoliths as well as more Destroyers would greatly aid you. ;)

Heero-Severus
21-08-2006, 20:50
I keep saying one or two Monoliths as well as more Destroyers would greatly aid you. ;)

Your suggestion does however cost £107, somthing im not willing to pile into my lil necron army :) Nightbringer does the business when it really counts :D (against horton) hehe

Insane Psychopath
24-08-2006, 19:01
So Lav, how the building being. Have you got the army built, I mean assemble????

Look forward to seeing the whole lot once you got the stuff done.

IP

Aquilla
24-08-2006, 19:15
Grr.. getting impatient.

must see defiler!

Rich 123
24-08-2006, 19:46
Simon is working on the Deamon Prince right now and then he's going to start on the defiler (version 2 ;)).

Then thats the construction phase of this project done.
Rich

Lavfluris
24-08-2006, 20:17
Simon is working on the Deamon Prince right now and then he's going to start on the defiler (version 2 ;)).True enough.

Yes, the Daemon Prince has been assembled as well as his scenic base. The conversion has come out a lot better than imagined and looks *********** ferocious. All of the putty work needs to be completed though, I will try and get that done tomorrow evening and on Saturday morning.

I am working on the Chaos Defiler this evening and should hopefully have this completed by Saturday morning.

There is a downside to all this though. There will be no pictures until after the Carnage Social, as I simply will not have time to finish taking them all. The only way to see the completed army early is to enter the Carnage Social… ;) ;)

Aquilla
24-08-2006, 20:41
Do I sense a somewhat subliminal hint towards attendinng a certain social event? ;)

Lavfluris
24-08-2006, 20:49
Do I sense a somewhat subliminal hint towards attendinng a certain social event? ;)Of course not! Why would I do that?
The end is nigh! The Heavens will cast you aside if you do not attend the Carnage Social!!!!1!!
:angel:

McBain
26-08-2006, 11:55
Right lav by the time you read this i will be married, in fact at 3.30pm today sat..... will speak to you soon young one

Lavfluris
29-08-2006, 09:39
Right lav by the time you read this i will be married, in fact at 3.30pm today sat..... will speak to you soon young oneCongratulations. :)

KayvaanShrike
29-08-2006, 10:49
How progress coming on Lav?

And congrats McBain.

McBain
29-08-2006, 16:46
Ok im back and i am married, i was waiting for Lav to pop out from behind a chair in the church screaming NOOOOOOOOOO! when i was getting married.....

you werent there lav and you were so upset i was getting married, also on an on topic point my relictors will begin again once i get back from honey moon....

Lavfluris
31-08-2006, 21:37
Ok im back and i am married, i was waiting for Lav to pop out from behind a chair in the church screaming NOOOOOOOOOO! when i was getting married.....Well, if I had known sooner, I could have come up to Scotland instead of Wales for the weekend. ;)

EDIT:
How progress coming on Lav?I’m nearly done assembling the army, as the Chaos Defiler and Daemon Prince need some green stuff detailing. After that, I will be spraying the army tomorrow morning, just before I travel up to Nottingham for the Carnage Social.

The second Chaos Predator, Daemon Prince and Chaos Defiler all require chain, which I am waiting for from Pertinax.

McBain
03-09-2006, 17:29
Im on honeymoon rigfht now im sneaking a look on the net while nats is asleep......

Reinnon
03-09-2006, 21:41
lav is doing well, he managed to undercoat the front half of his models for the carnage social :)

Lavfluris
04-09-2006, 20:04
lav is doing well, he managed to undercoat the front half of his models for the carnage social :)Correct, all of my models bar the Daemon Prince, second Chaos Predator and the Chaos Defiler have at least been lightly sprayed. ;)

stormtrooper154
04-09-2006, 20:23
Any pictures?

Scorpio
05-09-2006, 00:18
Any pictures?

I havent been paying attention to this thread. Sorry. I need my awesome model fill lav any pictures?

-Scorpio

Lavfluris
05-09-2006, 18:28
I need my awesome model fill lav any pictures?Well, contrary to what I have said previously, I have decided not to unveil the Chaos Defiler and Daemon Prince in any great detail until they are painted.

In the meantime, I’ll post a little preview of both models. Please bear in mind that these models are not complete, nor do the pictures show the subtle modifications that were made to the Daemon Prince after the pictures were taken. The modified Daemon Prince was shown at the Carnage Social, so hopefully anyone who attended the event will notice the subtle reposing.

Firstly, here is the Chaos Defiler:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/ChaosDefiler.jpg

And secondly, here is the Daemon Prince:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/DaemonPrince-1.jpg

Enjoy. ;)

stormtrooper154
05-09-2006, 18:52
Looking good there lav. Im liking the DP alot. Cant wait to see it from some different angles.

Insane Psychopath
05-09-2006, 20:40
This is a good day in deed, first my 20th brithday today, 2nd: college teacher buying food for my birthday, 3: all hot looking girls in class give me hugs, 4: get some great 40k games (draw & win) as well as winning my first ever Necromunda game & now Lav got some really cool new models up here. It a good day :D

Got to say I preffer Mk2 Deflier that you have right now, I just feel the Forge World BL Dreadnought has brough it out more IMO. The Daemon Prince look cool, have you green stuff any boils/warts (sp) to make him Nurgle or have you keep him (part from pose) as in the photo.

How have you found making these two models.

IP

Lavfluris
05-09-2006, 21:47
The Daemon Prince look cool, have you green stuff any boils/warts (sp) to make him Nurgle or have you keep him (part from pose) as in the photo. There will be a lot of modelled decay, boils, scabs… you get the idea. It will be pretty disgusting to say the least!

How have you found making these two models. You see son, making a model is like making love to a beautiful woman. First, there is the cleaning with hot soapy water, you have to make sure every little bit is squeaky clean. Next comes the slow filing, back and forth, back and forth until you’ve worn away the lines. And lastly, comes the glue, which keeps it all together. Your woman… sorry, model, will then be very happy. ;)

Insane Psychopath
05-09-2006, 21:51
Thanks for the advice Lav :angel: lol

But again the army has really got on well & really looking cool.

IP

Lavfluris
05-09-2006, 21:54
Thanks for the advice Lav :angel: lolLavfluris: International Man of Advocacy. :cool:

KayvaanShrike
05-09-2006, 22:36
Lav does that chat up line get you much?

I am not sure about the Defiler, I know its got a third leg, but it does look like its falling over. The model is excellent, just not so sure on the pose. If the top was brought level rather than pointing in the air, I think it would look better.

Scorpio
06-09-2006, 03:31
Lav does that chat up line get you much?

I am not sure about the Defiler, I know its got a third leg, but it does look like its falling over. The model is excellent, just not so sure on the pose. If the top was brought level rather than pointing in the air, I think it would look better.

I have to agree. When i first looked at it i thought you had taken the pic right when it was falling over. Otherwise both look incredible.
I have gotten my awesome model fill for alittle while:D
And that was some great advice you gave there lav;) :D

-Scorpio

Lavfluris
07-09-2006, 21:56
Lav does that chat up line get you much?No, but I’ll use it for my Fast Show audition!

I am not sure about the Defiler, I know its got a third leg, but it does look like its falling over.The Chaos Defiler has four legs, rather than the three as shown in the picture. If you look carefully, you can see both Chaos Dreadnought feet on the base, but only one of them has an attached Sentinel leg.

EDIT: The Postman delivered a parcel today.

Here is the content of the parcel:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/DSCN0428copy.jpg

Could this mean that painting will commence imminently? ;)

The Postman also delivered a letter from Norway.

Here is the content of the letter:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/DSCN0429copy.jpg

Could this mean that the Chaos Defiler, Chaos Predators and Daemon Prince can be completed now? ;)

The Dragon Reborn
07-09-2006, 23:00
that would be a good way to start my day, get a large parcel full of goodness.

cant wait to see the defiler! that is going to look wicked painted

good luck

Lavfluris
09-09-2006, 07:52
Painting has begun!

that would be a good way to start my day, get a large parcel full of goodness.Always helps to cheer someone up. ;)

monstallion
09-09-2006, 09:12
Nice lookin minis Lav, lookin forward to seein some of them painted

Have you found out if the defiler on the ickle base is ok for the GT? As it still looks ******* cool and if u cant use it I may :cries:

Keep up the good work and my Grey Knight Grandmaster is itchin to kill that deamon prince once hes painted:eek:

Kev

McMullet
09-09-2006, 18:57
Painting has begun!
Lavfluris? Painting! What? Surely, there is some mistake...

Excellent news, Lav! I look forward to seeing the pics, well done. :)

stormtrooper154
09-09-2006, 20:01
So when can we expect to see some pictures of your painting skills? ;)

Lavfluris
11-09-2006, 18:51
So when can we expect to see some pictures of your painting skills? ;)I am intending to have three colours painted onto a squad every week, so expect some pictures on Thursday. The models will not be painted properly until after Heat Two in time for the Grand Finals. Yes, I am aware that I am dedicating a lot of time to painting, but if I am going to better spikyjames, then that is the commitment I am going to make. ;)

Have you found out if the defiler on the ickle base is ok for the GT?I have been advised by the Events Team to purchase the actual GW Chaos Defiler and use that for both gaming and the Best Army nominations.

EDIT: Here is another shot of the Daemon Prince:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Lavfluris/ForAndywithlove.jpg

;)

noneedforaname
11-09-2006, 19:00
Well that sucks, guess it's another case of GW trying to phase modellers out of the hobby.

Personally i would say balls to that and use your superior model. Well in my opinion anyway.

Insane Psychopath
11-09-2006, 19:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstallion
Have you found out if the defiler on the ickle base is ok for the GT?

I have been advised by the Events Team to purchase the actual GW Chaos Defiler and use that for both gaming and the Best Army nominations.

That a shame Lav, as before it came out a few people in the USA did the same sort stuff as your version.

So with this being the case, are you going to buy a new defiler & got any idear conversion wise, or just keep the model as is but with your famous chains lol.

IP

stormtrooper154
11-09-2006, 19:18
Thats a blow - so what are you going to do? go against them is what a real follower of chaos would do ;)

DarkstarSabre
11-09-2006, 19:48
I have been advised by the Events Team to purchase the actual GW Chaos Defiler and use that for both gaming and the Best Army nominations.

Just use your own Defiler anyway. It sounds like a somewhat canned response pushing to sell their specific product, which to be honest is to be expected. Your defiler is very recognisable as a defiler and a fresh approach to a concept.

So defy them.

KayvaanShrike
11-09-2006, 19:58
Yeah and if you don't get nominated by other players for a cool Defiler, then you can say GW were right, but I feel sure that people will recognise and appreciate your creativity with this model.

tinfoil
11-09-2006, 20:38
Although if your model were a good deal smaller and easier to hide behind terrain than the GW version, I'd feel a bit aggrieved if I were an opponent (at least, if it were firing indirectly).

DarkstarSabre
11-09-2006, 20:47
Although if your model were a good deal smaller and easier to hide behind terrain than the GW version, I'd feel a bit aggrieved if I were an opponent (at least, if it were firing indirectly).

This is no longer an issue since all terrain is categorised as being Size 1 to 4. And vehicles are Size 3. Standardised sizes make the actual size of the model irrelevant so long as it's accurately for the category it falls into.

tinfoil
11-09-2006, 20:52
Well, the footprint of Lav's version still seems a good deal smaller than the GW defiler's. Again, if it's not, then I certainly wouldn't complain.

Scorpio
11-09-2006, 21:54
Just use your defiler Lav its much better. Anyways now we need to see it painted.

-Scorpio

DarkstarSabre
11-09-2006, 21:56
Well, the footprint of Lav's version still seems a good deal smaller than the GW defiler's. Again, if it's not, then I certainly wouldn't complain.

It's a Size 3 model still. And the footprint seems small because for a change the thing is standing up rather than sitting down. It's tall rather than long.

But still a size 3 model.

spikyjames
11-09-2006, 23:30
I am intending to have three colours painted onto a squad every week, so expect some pictures on Thursday. The models will not be painted properly until after Heat Two in time for the Grand Finals. Yes, I am aware that I am dedicating a lot of time to painting, but if I am going to better spikyjames, then that is the commitment I am going to make. ;)

2 months =loads of time:D you know you can do it just stop going to the pub.

james:)

Lavfluris
12-09-2006, 00:51
In an effort to quell some of the comments which have been made, let me point out that I respect the Events Team’s ruling and will abide, even though I know the ruling to be incorrect. I am not aiming to incite disapproval towards the Events Team. Therefore, I would appreciate it if you did not post negative comments about the Events Team's decision. It is simply not worth it.

Personally i would say balls to that and use your superior model.A ruling has been made and I will adhere.

That a shame Lav, as before it came out a few people in the USA did the same sort stuff as your version.I know. It will be interesting to see is any Chaos Defiler conversions like my own are freely used at Heat Two.

Thats a blow - so what are you going to do?I will be purchasing the GW Chaos Defiler and converting it with a furious passion reserved only for those models which never should have seen the light of day.

Although if your model were a good deal smaller and easier to hide behind terrain than the GW version, I'd feel a bit aggrieved if I were an opponent (at least, if it were firing indirectly).DarkstarSabre is correct.

you know you can do it just stop going to the pub.Do you really think of me as an alcoholic? ;)

DarkstarSabre
12-09-2006, 00:54
DarkstarSabre is correct.

Even though you so didn't intentionally mean to put my name there that's getting sigged. :D

Lavfluris
15-09-2006, 23:04
Just a small update.

Painting has stalled thanks to commitments with Carnage Events. I am hoping to resume early next week and get three colours on the army for Heat Two.

Heero-Severus
30-09-2006, 10:38
nudge!! wake up Lav!!!!

Lavfluris
30-09-2006, 18:15
nudge!! wake up Lav!!!!Well, the painting has not resumed and I am no longer going to Heat Two, so I will take my time. ;)

An probably start another army...

DarkstarSabre
30-09-2006, 18:19
....Lav, you make me cry.

I want to hurt you now.

Ah well.

Lavfluris
30-09-2006, 18:21
....Lav, you make me cry.Ah, but if I make a new army, it'll be far better than the Black Legion. And then the army after that will be better still. ;)

There is a possibility that spikyjames and myself will be collaborating on some projects, so I'll make you happy yet.

DarkstarSabre
30-09-2006, 18:36
Well, I may be happy if I get a fricking email or letter some point soon.

>.>

Collaborate!

Scorpio
30-09-2006, 18:48
There is a possibility that spikyjames and myself will be collaborating on some projects, so I'll make you happy yet.

You and Spiky? that would be a army worthy of a god...:eek: :D :cool:

-Scorpio

Lavfluris
30-09-2006, 22:38
You and Spiky? that would be a army worthy of a god...:eek: :D :cool:As I said, it is a possibility, so there is nothing set in stone. I have nothing major lined up over the next few months, though spikyjames still has enough work to occupy him until November.

I'd enjoy it as we're both modestly talented in our own fields, although I suspect he's just as good at converting as I am. :p

spikyjames
30-09-2006, 23:03
nah, i always tend to rush my conversions:( and sometimes don't get what i'm after. Cough" jump pack chaplain" cough

james

stormtrooper154
01-10-2006, 07:58
So any hints on what the next army could be?

Lavfluris
01-10-2006, 20:08
So any hints on what the next army could be?If I do a new army anytime soon, it will be one of the Traitor Legions, but not as we know them. If I get as far as painting, then the colour scheme will be red and bronze, which is not too dissimilar to the Traitor Legion's original colour scheme.

stormtrooper154
01-10-2006, 20:15
Cool, cant wait to see the new project - but will it get finished? ;)

Lavfluris
01-10-2006, 20:17
Cool, cant wait to see the new project - but will it get finished? ;)The painting will not be done by my own hand, so yes, they will be completed. ;)

DarkstarSabre
01-10-2006, 21:49
Miracles do happen.

So go on, fess up. You said Chaos.

Name the Legion or is it gonna be a DIY Legion?

Railgunner
01-10-2006, 22:10
Thousand Sons?...Red Corsairs?

Railgunner

Lavfluris
01-10-2006, 23:09
Name the Legion or is it gonna be a DIY Legion?The army will use the rules of one of the Traitor Legions, but will be itself an Imperial Chapter.

WanderingRogue
01-10-2006, 23:51
lav lav lav, what happened? are you not gt'ing at all this season then? say it aint so. Who will i have to feign sympathy when i inevitably go to day two of the finals with a monster hang over....

Lavfluris
02-10-2006, 07:48
are you not gt'ing at all this season then?I ran out of energy and money. ;)

Rich 123
02-10-2006, 17:22
Hmm, sounds like very Word Bearers type rumblings coming from your direction Lav. Sounds interesting ... but lets see some finished Black Legion first now their isn't a dealine for them now. Go on, you know you want to - didn't you say it was about 5 years since you'd done any sort of painting?

By the way, time got away from me this weekend so the final info pack is a bit late - sorry!

Good luck
Dicky