PDA

View Full Version : LOTR Swan Knights

Wesser
21-09-2013, 17:04
I've heard a lot about how LOTR models are slighter than their WFB equivalents

But how bad is it? I wondered if any owned both some Knights of Dol Amroth (which im considering) and could post a pic of how they looked NeXT to an epire knight or something similar...I'd really like to know how bad it realy is

IcedCrow
21-09-2013, 18:25
I used those models. The difference is minor

Wesser
21-09-2013, 21:15
I used those models. The difference is minor

Aw, don't suppose you could be more specific for me?

theunwantedbeing
21-09-2013, 21:24
They look a lot like children riding ponies compared to typical GW humans and knights.

It's not a big deal if the entire army is made up of LotR models though, except if you face other humans.

zoggin-eck
22-09-2013, 01:58
It's pretty much as easy as typing "lotr warhammer comparison" into an image search.

I't never bothered me, since my armies are a mix of different manufacturers and ages, but they really are smaller.

Wesser
22-09-2013, 08:17
It's pretty much as easy as typing "lotr warhammer comparison" into an image search.

I't never bothered me, since my armies are a mix of different manufacturers and ages, but they really are smaller.

Tried that, but every model comparison seems different to my eye. Elves look vastly smaller, but others look okay. I couldnt really find a good Picture for cavalry..

I Am Forsaken
23-09-2013, 07:41
Cant comment on the specific ones you mentioned but found this in an older thread, it's a comparison of size between a Vampire Counts Black Knight and a LOTR Morgul Knight. As far as I am aware the entire range has this type of size difference.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?331512-Using-Lotr-models-for-fantasy&p=6059181&viewfull=1#post6059181

Hope it helps.