PDA

View Full Version : Parts for the burning blade and teeth of terra

spaghettyhoop
23-09-2013, 18:09
Does anyone have any suggestions for good parts for the new space marine relics?

Ive got some ideas for conversions for my red scorpions wielding these 2 weapons, and know what im after but arent having much luck on bits sites. Im after an empire wizard burning sword and one of the big 2 handed forgeworld chainswords.

However, due to the difficulty of getting these parts individually, im now looking for alternatives. A flaming sword and massive chainsword seem like 2 things 3rd party companies should have plenty of, but my internet searches are prooving fruitless.

So, what have you guys got in mind to use? Or what are you using already?

Konovalev
23-09-2013, 18:37
Well for the burning blade I think any sword would do really, then just paint it appropriately. Aside from that I think you'd be looking at some greenstuff work to simulate flames if that's what you're looking for.

SpanielBear
23-09-2013, 19:07
There's a flaming sword on the empire wizard sprue, but it might be bit small for a space marine weapon.

Mortimer
23-09-2013, 19:29
Does anyone have any suggestions for good parts for the new space marine relics?

Ive got some ideas for conversions for my red scorpions wielding these 2 weapons, and know what im after but arent having much luck on bits sites. Im after an empire wizard burning sword and one of the big 2 handed forgeworld chainswords.

However, due to the difficulty of getting these parts individually, im now looking for alternatives. A flaming sword and massive chainsword seem like 2 things 3rd party companies should have plenty of, but my internet searches are prooving fruitless.

So, what have you guys got in mind to use? Or what are you using already?

new MK II and III Special Melee sets will be available soon after UK GD, tad expensive for a 2 handed chainsword but the rest of the kit is breathtaking if you want grav pistols (Volkite count as) or some gnarly looking lightning claws and fists,

mostlyharmless
23-09-2013, 19:33
Take the sword arm from the Emperor's Champion. Sculpt some flames on it with green stuff (this is actually very easy).

MagicHat
23-09-2013, 22:00
For the Teeth of Terra, I intend to use a chainsword from the Vanguard box with 4 skulls and put a chainsword from the chaos space marine box with a skull on it on top.

So the ToT would look like one of the heavy chainswords from FW, with 5 skulls decorating it.

Goosey_J
23-09-2013, 22:40
For the ToT, there's no reason why you couldn't use a chain axe or a chain glaive to represnt it. Food for thought :)

mostlyharmless
23-09-2013, 23:13
Could use Gabriel Seth for ToT, just shave off the Flesh Tearer iconography, give him a helmet, and you're ready to go.

spaghettyhoop
23-09-2013, 23:15
Seth is the actual post I want to go for, im planning to use vanguard legs, red scorpion honor guard torso and shoulder pads and helmet, then a big whack off chainsword of some form. So he looks like hes leaping forward!

mostlyharmless
23-09-2013, 23:18
Then, really, all you need is Gabriel Seth, a sharp hobby knife, and some green stuff.

Evilhomer
23-09-2013, 23:38
The giant chain axe that comes with the world eater rampagers set might work too.

RanaldLoec
24-09-2013, 01:04
Take a look at Kromlech post apocalyptic rippers
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/24/9arybu3y.jpg

Here's a pic next to a chainsword from the old tactical squad sprue.

I'm afraid I can't help on the flaming sword front.

Mortimer
24-09-2013, 01:15
I found this guy (http://www.miniature-giant.com/almaran-the-gold-heroic-paladin-with-flaming-sword-Reaper-Dark-Heaven-Legends-DHL-sku-3292-pr-11353.html) while looking for an special SS for The Sheild Eternal.. and figured on using the sword as a Relic Blade, but seeing as it is aflame.. maybe a suitable Burning Blade will do?

RanaldLoec
24-09-2013, 02:54
I found this guy (http://www.miniature-giant.com/almaran-the-gold-heroic-paladin-with-flaming-sword-Reaper-Dark-Heaven-Legends-DHL-sku-3292-pr-11353.html) while looking for an special SS for The Sheild Eternal.. and figured on using the sword as a Relic Blade, but seeing as it is aflame.. maybe a suitable Burning Blade will do?

Excuse me while I steal that idea cheers

Mortimer
24-09-2013, 03:14
Excuse me while I steal that idea cheers

perfect arms for that Chapter Master on bike idea floating around.

crandall87
25-09-2013, 00:07
There's a flaming sword on the empire wizard sprue, but it might be bit small for a space marine weapon.

Not at all. It's about the size of the relic blade from the Vangaurd box. It's perfect for the burning blade and I guess that most people will use it. I certainly would