PDA

View Full Version : Can a model move more than its move in a reform?

Hudson Gameover
23-09-2013, 19:11
A question came up in a game I was playing.

Can a unit of 30 models with move 4 reform in to a single line? The models at the ends would have to move more than their move, which I didnt think was allowed?

theunwantedbeing
23-09-2013, 19:39
The rule is no more than double movement, it's covered in the Reform rules.

teafloy_the_damned
24-09-2013, 06:58
So for example in the "Watchtower" scenario:

A M4 unit is 10" away from the base of the tower, it cannot reform into 1 long konga line to touch the building and garason it. As this would cause some models to move more than their max march of 8" ?

Ramius4
24-09-2013, 07:42
So for example in the "Watchtower" scenario:

A M4 unit is 10" away from the base of the tower, it cannot reform into 1 long konga line to touch the building and garason it. As this would cause some models to move more than their max march of 8" ?

That is correct.

Artinam
24-09-2013, 10:24
Would this include the pivoting of chariots. I've seen numerable people putting their chariots sideways during deployment to claim a few extra inches when moving.

RejjeN
25-09-2013, 10:04
As chariots cannot march there is nothing stopping them from moving their Movement Allowance + 1 inch of pivot (Pivoting is not a reform however, so even if they could march I don't think it would be an issue)

Loriel
06-10-2013, 21:12
We had good discussion over ulthuan over this topic. I will paste the link to it, since I made few wall of textes and prefer not to write them again ;)

http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=52423&start=30

teafloy_the_damned
25-10-2013, 13:53
Ok im performing a little Threadomancy on this as i have a bet with Hudson, so this is now important as it envolves my beer tolkens!

So, as said in other threads and hinted to on here, Pg14 BRB states in the reform section:
"Remember that none of the models in the unit can move more than twice their movement rate"

Very cut and dry....or is it?

In the Swift reform section on Pg95 BRB it states:
"A swift reform is treated exactly like a reform manoeurvre however [...]the following exceptions apply:
A unit that has made a swift reform can immediately make a full and normal move, even though a reform would normally prevent it from doing so"

So (and this will make me loose a 10 bet!) i read this as, when you reform you cannot move more than double your movement characterisics.
BUT when swift reforming you get your normal move regardless whether the unit has already moved twice is normal movement rate in the reform.

The "reform" rule prevents you moving more than double your movement
The "swift reform" rule says, ignore that statement and take a regular move after reforming

Prove me wrong please!

Dark Side Duke
25-10-2013, 15:12
You're right. If you swift reform, a model could potential move double its movement during the reform and then its movement in the normal move. A dumb rule for sure but great if you feel like hopping in buildings turn one.