PDA

View Full Version : How Many People Play HH Loyalist Armies?

Lamont Cranston
24-09-2013, 06:14
I was wondering how many people play loyalist Horus Heresy armies? I mean it seems like most people want to play Sons of Horus, Emperors Children, World Eaters and Death Guard, so to me it doesn't seem like a lot of people play the loyalist chapters because they can play them in regular 40k. Maybe I'm wrong, but I am just curious. Also how many people do you think play the less popular HH traitor legions like Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Word Bearers and the like.

Brotheroracle
24-09-2013, 06:22
More people play those armies because that was all that was detailed in the first book. That said, a portion of those armies [I]are[I] loyalists. Not all of the traitor legions were all traitor.

Marshal_Loss
24-09-2013, 06:36
Exactly. When other Legions are touched on by the books, they will become more popular in turn.

Oboc
24-09-2013, 07:11
Iron hands. Games day can't happen to fast enough!

Warsmith Tharak
24-09-2013, 09:58
Go go go Iron Warriors, and none of thise loyal crap. I will burn down the flimsy Palace build by the YELLOW Rogal Dorn.

Not quite true, since my oppondent will play pre-Heresy Ultramarines we will make up some of our own fluff to explain why we are fighting. Not that we need to explain it, but we like it:-)

Camman1984
24-09-2013, 09:58
I havent actually seen a chaos HH army yet, just dark angel, blood angel and imperial fists.

Memnos
24-09-2013, 10:07
Ultramarines for me. Every time I hear the traitors speak, all I hear is, "Blah blah blah, I'm jealous I didn't capture as many planets as the ultramarines and wish I were as cool as Guilliman."

Mandragola
24-09-2013, 11:38
I play 30k imperial fists. At the betrayal event last month at warhammer world there were all kinds of things.

T10
24-09-2013, 11:44
I was wondering how many people play loyalist Horus Heresy armies?

I'm going to say one thousand.

-T10

sgtspiff
24-09-2013, 11:45
It's a bit sad that it is so long time between the Books. Would probably be much more diversed if there would be more legions out already.
But If I would guess I think that Horus would end up with more players then the great Emp in the end.

IcedCrow
24-09-2013, 12:13
I play loyalist death guard

Warsmith Tharak
24-09-2013, 12:47
I play loyalist death guard

Loyal Death Guard... Location: Terminus Est...

Hope you do not mind a bit of the flu...

Captain Denarius
24-09-2013, 16:21
Ultramarine player here. I eagerly await the Calth book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

chris2146
24-09-2013, 19:38
Space wolves, am modelling them so I can play 30K & 40K to save money lol. Cant wait for wolves vs thousand sons book, though will prob be a long wait.

Kijamon
24-09-2013, 19:57
Started with World Eaters, always been picking up stuff for my Space Wolves to turn 30k and have built a lovely siege list of Imperial Fists.

Reluctant to build the Space Wolves till they release all of the upgrade kits and the like though, I'll probably just keep them unbuilt till I can get a good look.

nosebiter
24-09-2013, 20:01
I am building a Night Lords Chapter that split from the Legion after Curze decided to nuke his own homeplanet. They are made up of mostly marines recruited before the recruits became psycopaths in disguise.

agurus1
24-09-2013, 20:07
IRON WITHIN IRON WITHOUT!!! We have got a little bit of a 30k frenzy going on in my local group. We started an escalation league over here. I'm doing Iron Warriors, and we have one Death Guard, and also we are mixing it up a bit and having two others do 30k era Orks and Eldar (we just sub in the Age of Darkness Force Org, although we will probably fit in some additional rules for those Xenos players). Anyway I'm sure the Loyalists get on the same way I do as far as building a list. The basic Legion list is extremely flexible and entertaining to build with. I don't have any fancy Legion rules yet, but large numbers of Tactical marines with some Terminator and Artillery support makes sense with me!

malisteen
24-09-2013, 20:14
Purely anecdotally, in my area most of the interest in 30k is driven by chaos legion fans dissatisfied with their representation in the current 40k chaos marine rules. Loyalist players, largely content with their 40k marine armies, have shown relatively little interest. As such, the only 30k armies I've seen have been traitor armies, and even then mostly it's just chaos marine players asking to play their 40k models in 40k games but with 30k rules. I don't think I've seen an actual 30k army, let alone two 30k armies playing an actual 30k game.

Larkyn
24-09-2013, 20:18
Imperial Fists....I'm a proud Son of Dorn.
And Alpha Legion. They're Loyalists, right?

shaw3029
24-09-2013, 20:57
I play Imperial Fists. My friend plays Death Guard. I've another that plays emperors children and another mate slowly collecting White Scars.

At the Heresy weekend event I saw plenty of loyalists.

I think Iron Hands will be a big hit from the next book.

agurus1
24-09-2013, 21:24
Purely anecdotally, in my area most of the interest in 30k is driven by chaos legion fans dissatisfied with their representation in the current 40k chaos marine rules. Loyalist players, largely content with their 40k marine armies, have shown relatively little interest. As such, the only 30k armies I've seen have been traitor armies, and even then mostly it's just chaos marine players asking to play their 40k models in 40k games but with 30k rules. I don't think I've seen an actual 30k army, let alone two 30k armies playing an actual 30k game.

I don't see the problem with this. Up till the escalation league I talked about above, I had been testing 30k lists against my local groups 40k armies and honestly, they have been some of the more enjoyable games both of us have had in a long time. I had wins and losses (sometimes quite surprising wins from my perspective), but I don't see anything that makes 30k inherently "OP" or whatever compared to some 40k dexs. Indeed at smaller point values 30k lists have a disadvantage due to the higher base cost of many units.

I was a chaos marine player... now I'm converting everything I own to be 30k "legal" and represent Iron Warriors towards the end of the Heresy. I do see your point of how CSM players dissatisfied with with codex are the first to turn to 30k as an avenue of escape, but remember that until the most recent book dropped (Massacre) there were no loyalist Legions available. I think that the monopoly of traitor Legions is going to change very soon.

Tamwulf
25-09-2013, 12:51
<--- Luna Wolves! 'Cuz I love howling at the moon! The monochrome paint scheme (white/grey/black) really appeals to me. The only down side- it's a borderline "Counts As" army with the Sons of Horus when I start taking SoH Reaver Squads, Justaerin Termy's, and other units unique to the Sons of Horus. I love the look of the SoH, but that sea green/foam color just doesn't do anything for me. :/

Mage
28-09-2013, 16:02
I am in the process of painting a Sons of Horus army, buthave not played with it yet. While mostly loyalist, it will be pre Isstvaan III, but in the army there will be good and evil elements.

My tactical squad uses old school RT models, and are 'good guys'. Then there is an assault squad using both loyalist marine, khorne berserker and chaos marine parts which would be firmly down with the corrupted warrior lodges, with topknots, etc. I also have a veteran squad which is mostly loyal, but is half way between the tac squad and second squad with a Cthonian feel, but some could be in the lodge, some not. The idea that this force will eventually go to Isstvaan III and have some Sons turncoat on the other loyalists during the first wave of attacks, or something. Need to think more about this last part.

Death Company
28-09-2013, 20:56
I intend to make a Blood Angels Heresy army, once their rules and Primarch get done.

It's just not motivating enough to knock out until their toys are released, ya know?

WLBjork
28-09-2013, 22:03
Whilst my Marine Army is Space Wolves, I'm really waiting for the Imperial Army rules.

No more supposedly disjointed Guard!

Sqallum
28-09-2013, 22:16
Iron Hands. I love the metallic vibe of them. I have about 2500 points worth

Triggernator
28-09-2013, 22:22
I'm just waiting for the Alpha Legion Rules, for I am Alpharius. Plus the level of manipulation I'm hoping/expecting is going to be brilliant

The Emperor
28-09-2013, 22:40
Give me Blood Angel, Space Wolf, and/or Ultramarine Legion Rules, and you'll find yourself another Loyalist player. I REALLY wish they were releasing these books a little more quickly. :/

cpl_hicks
28-09-2013, 22:50
Loyalist death guard here - Garro's 7th

TheDungen
28-09-2013, 23:43
Can't wait for 30k Dark Angels, of course I do mean the kit bash them with chaos parts to use as Fallen. "We have no lord and master!"

Who knows there may even be fallen kits released if they have a book or part of a book focused on the Caliban incident.

Rolsheen
29-09-2013, 00:36
I play 30k Dark Angels, I have about 9000 points so far. 20 man tactical squads with an apothacarian are the best troop choices ever.

Fizzy
29-09-2013, 01:35
Not sure if my I will get any loyalists. I am pretty true to chaos.

World Eaters right now at least :)

Iron Hands are tempting. Always been. But I always hate the 40K look of them. Like the older tanks and armours better with Iron Hands.

Elodin
29-09-2013, 02:24
Although I'm not able to buy an army yet (Oh how I wish I could) If I did own one, it would be Emperor's Children.

I think the main reason so many people picked up those first, is because the first book Betrayl (To my knowledge) focused soley on the four main traitor legions, not to mention they have more models available. After a few more years I think you'll start to see the armies spread a little more evenly.

SonofMagnus
29-09-2013, 03:58
(Ignore my name for this post!!! lol)

Lokens Loyalists here, the 10th Company at your service!!!

Idk why but I always loved the concept of "few against many" so the loyalists within main-traitor legions I always found compelling, hence for my first legion (first of 3 haha) I chose to do Lokens Loyalists, aside from Loken having an INCREDIBLY sexy model. (Thank you simon egan!!!)

Number 2 will be post-Monarchia but pre-Isstvan 5 Word bearers, so primarily grey, a color ive never owned an army for before. Im a fairly spiritual man being a devout believer myself and always found lorgars conviction to be compelling and have always liked word bearers as a whole for the religious aspect, even if it is a crazed / screwed up variant of a religion.

Number 3....read my Screen Name, take a guess, favorite legion, horrid rules for chaos version.