PDA

View Full Version : High elf Chariot Unit ??

Jelmer
24-09-2013, 10:00
i got a question about the Tiranoc Chariot which can now be selected in a 1-3 unit.
If i take 3 (because i can, not because it's a great choice) how do you use them, is there a minimum distance between the chariots or just closed ranks.
did i overlook the rules in the rulebook?

thanks

bigbiggles
24-09-2013, 10:21
Closed ranks. Rank up like any other unit.

furrie
24-09-2013, 10:35
All units have closed ranks, unless something in the rules tells different. Seeing as there is nothing that tells you not to have closed ranks on chariots, closed ranks it is.

Jelmer
24-09-2013, 10:40
both of you have my thanks.
now i can use them properly and without discussion (unless they win the game for me and my opponent start to nag about them ;))

RejjeN
25-09-2013, 10:02
considering how ****** Tomb King chariot units are, I somehow doubt that. Then again your chariots don't crumble, so maybe that helps them somewhat...

bigbiggles
25-09-2013, 18:02
But your opponents face when you bring 2 back in 1 turn is priceless. That's before he realizes they don't do much though

Azmodian
27-09-2013, 12:24
But your opponents face when you bring 2 back in 1 turn is priceless. That's before he realizes they don't do much though

That surprises me that 6 chariots smashing into someone doesn't really "do much" What is so bad about the Tomb King chariots... (maybe its because I play chaos /shrug:cheese:)

Shadeseraph
27-09-2013, 12:32
That surprises me that 6 chariots smashing into someone doesn't really "do much" What is so bad about the Tomb King chariots... (maybe its because I play chaos /shrug:cheese:)

T4/3W/AS5+ on a model that only deals S4 impact hits unless ranked (which gets expensive fast).
Tiranoc Chariots are about 30% more expensive, but are at least 3W, M9 and S5, and the crew is a bit more powerful. Also, they can be buffed to S6 with Lore of Beasts or other tricks, which makes them much more interesting.

Jelmer
27-09-2013, 13:18
i am thinking about running a unit of 3 tiranoc chariots tomorrow, will let you know how that works (and having a check at lore of Beasts).
will let you guys know how it went.

AMWOOD co
28-09-2013, 18:00
Go charge a warmachine or two for me.

Jelmer
30-09-2013, 05:05
well, that was a wast, nobody from the gaming club showed up and those who did only brought their Magic with them.
Still untested, beter luck this week.

popisdead
03-10-2013, 16:40
Also, they can be buffed to S6 with Lore of Beasts

Um,.. Mindrazor?

NoodleDoodle
30-10-2013, 21:03
Took unit of 3 titanic chariots against woc unit. Biggest...fail...ever...

Chariots don't even move as far as a spearman on the march.. Seems a bit tragic really.

Rules question... I rolled 3d6 impact hits was that correct? Or should I have rolled 1d6 and multiplied the result by 3?

Over....

theunwantedbeing
30-10-2013, 22:31
Chariots don't even move as far as a spearman on the march.. Seems a bit tragic really.
That's because 5x2 is a bigger number than 9x1.
On the plus side, they do move significantly further than spearmen who aren't marching, and are faster than a lot of opposing infantry that march.

Rules question... I rolled 3d6 impact hits was that correct? Or should I have rolled 1d6 and multiplied the result by 3?
Each chariot causes D6 impact hits, so you roll 3D6.

Jelmer
31-10-2013, 07:15
I haven't had time to test this myself, will coming saturday, to busy with painting my army for a tournament next week.
i'll let you know how it went.
btw, the charge distance is greater for chariots than inf, so charging should be oke.

Kingly
31-10-2013, 11:31
High Elf Chariots are 70 points each and have T4 which is very rare in Elves so if they charge they're a little more sturdy than other Elf units, they're fast as a whippet on the charge and quite a few of my opponents choose to ignore them when they're in the 17 -18" range which is quite often a mistake as they also have swiftstride so the average charge range of 7" + MV9 is often more because of the 3D6 choose two highest rule.

I rate them, but then when you face Chaos Chariots as CORE it suddenly puts things into perspective...

Jelmer
31-10-2013, 12:29
So which means, that even when your spearmen move 1" further away from your chariot the chariot will overtake them in the charge and join in.
Pro, if your chariots are 1" behind, and the enemy charges your spearmen and they hold you can charge with your chariots and prob run the enemy into the ground.

Kingly
02-11-2013, 18:14
Don't listen to much to the advice on here, I think there are a lot of guys spouting rhetoric, some are experienced gamers as well though so enjoy the banter. I personally love Elf Chariots rocking about the field on their tod and they're great Warmachine killers.

Jelmer
03-11-2013, 09:23
had a battle yesterday vs empire, i deployed with my army 2 tyranoc chariots in 1 unit and 2 tyranoc chariots in one unit.
they did better then i thought, the unit of 2 chariots with a combi charge of 5 DP wasted his unit of 40 halberds, so yeah i kind of like the chariots ;)