PDA

View Full Version : GW Toys

Autumn Leaves
24-09-2013, 18:27
On Miniaturewarbids.com
There is some good gear on there now, has anybody used them yet?
Apparently no fees at all O_o
Any info on these guys as there are some GW bits I'd like to pick up on there but I would like some feedback first.
Cheers.

Kijamon
24-09-2013, 18:52
Your link doesn't work and it doesn't come up on google.

The name rings a bell of a guy that listed a couple of FW pieces on ebay and then linked inside that to the site where they were slightly cheaper. I opted for the ebay buy it now and it was two recasts. Not terrible quality but obviously recasts.

Hendarion
24-09-2013, 19:13
My google-foo brought up "miniwarbid.com", but the site is blank. According to dakka it must be some ebay-like site for wargaming.

greenstuff_gav
24-09-2013, 20:01
new miniatures-only version of ebays:
http://miniaturebids.com/

setup by Tor Gaming due to being fedup with ebay fees...

Inquisitor Engel
24-09-2013, 20:13

Tor like.... silkroad Tor? :eyebrows:

Bloodknight
24-09-2013, 20:40
http://torgaming.co.uk/

Probably these guys and not Murder for Hire-Net (yeah I know, people actually use TOR for legal stuff).

Autumn Leaves
25-09-2013, 07:13
new miniatures-only version of ebays:
http://miniaturebids.com/

Thats the one, I'm going to buy a couple of items from different sellers and see how the process works for Buyers before i look to put anything up for sale.

redben
25-09-2013, 08:20
I've put a couple of auctions up and can confirm that there are no fees. It's a much simpler process than ebay too. It's going to struggle for traffic, at least early on, but as there's no fees there's nothing stopping you listing an item on both sites and then cancelling an auction once you have a bid on the other site. Personally, I hope it takes off. Being gouged for 10% ebay fees, then paypal fees, then Royal Mail's ramped up postage prices, means its often not worth selling something on ebay. You'll still have the latter two fees, but not having to pay the 10% makes it more worthwhile.

Senbei
25-09-2013, 13:00
Needs some work. People are just adding any old tag they fancy.

I searched 'Ork' and got a whole page of GW stuff... none of which had anything to do with Orks. Mostly LOTR Elves. :P

Tor Gaming
27-09-2013, 13:00
Needs some work. People are just adding any old tag they fancy.

I searched 'Ork' and got a whole page of GW stuff... none of which had anything to do with Orks. Mostly LOTR Elves. :P

Hi Senbei

Sorry your having trouble with the site. Yes, we're aware of this issue. This issue is caused by the fact the items have 'Games Workshop' in the title or description because of wORKshop.

We are aware and are fixing it. You can check out what is being worked on and what is planned via this page (https://miniaturebids.com/development-roadmap/) on the site.

Autumn Leaves
30-09-2013, 06:12
Ok so this is working so far...
Sold two items and made a small profit and the buyer saved a cool 40% off retail.
The profit garnered two purchases in which I picked up two beautiful Minotaurs from Croc games that I have wanted for a loooong time at 30% discount off RRP.
With paypal in place i have the same protection as eBay, this is a win win.

Evil_D185
30-09-2013, 17:16
Hi Senbei

Sorry your having trouble with the site. Yes, we're aware of this issue. This issue is caused by the fact the items have 'Games Workshop' in the title or description because of wORKshop.

We are aware and are fixing it. You can check out what is being worked on and what is planned via this page (https://miniaturebids.com/development-roadmap/) on the site.

Ok great that it is free,.....BUT the greatetst problem is not beeing able to implemten HTML into the item description!!!
Or is there some kind of secret to it, as I am not able to integrate pictures nor thick or coloured writing. Which would be very very importnat to highlight Postage options for istance

Autumn Leaves
01-10-2013, 07:35
Really?
I don't use any of that for my ebay sales, why should you need it over at Miniwarbid?
At least at Miniwarbid the average age seems to be of those who can read and comprehend, unlike ebay...

Evil_D185
01-10-2013, 13:05
Really?
I don't use any of that for my ebay sales, why should you need it over at Miniwarbid?
At least at Miniwarbid the average age seems to be of those who can read and comprehend, unlike ebay...

Well it is only usefull to be able to integrate your own pictures to sell any item, just becuase you have never used it by Ebay does not mean it is not quite important

"At least at Miniwarbid the average age seems to be of those who can read and comprehend, unlike ebay..." that is a really dumb accusation honestly!

Well it has helped me a lot not only to save money by ebay but to boost sales

Autumn Leaves
09-10-2013, 22:26
" that is a really dumb akusation honestly!

... I'll get my coat.

Bloodknight
09-10-2013, 22:51
mmmh, the writing style of the poster before you suggests that he's a German (or some other closely related language) native speaker*, so the odd spelling error is a venial sin, I think.

*"save money by ebay" - save money on ebay, German "Geld sparen bei Ebay". It's a pretty typical error.