PDA

View Full Version : preferred enemy rule

Yresk
26-09-2013, 01:38
Yo guys its Yresk wasting time again but i have a suggestion i want to run by you.

both the old edition rules and the new rules for Preferred enemy is something that i find rather lacking,
it only makes a minute difference and is not really inspiring to this massive enmity between attacker and defender
therefore i suggest the preferred enemy rule to be as follows.

When facing the preferred enemy race the entire force becomes Stubborn, reluctant to leave ground to the hated enemy.

In close combat they have learnt the tricks of the enemy and thus get +1 to hit on all attacks.

In ranged combat the soldiers have learnt where to aim for best effect and thus gets +1 to wound on all attacks.

maybe these rules would be a bit to over the top but i consider them somewhat in character with a force that has dedicated
their training and combat experience to defeat.

What do you think?

Baaltor
26-09-2013, 02:16
Preferred enemy has nothing to do with their emotion state. Its a representation of training and or experience for engaging enemies in combat, learning their tactics, tricks, and weaknesses. The rule represents this by allowing rerolls of a '1' to show that due to the model's guile, he was able to negate the abilty of his enemy to avoid a blow, or strike a little known vital area.

totgeboren
26-09-2013, 07:50
I think it makes a big difference, especially for units who hit on 3+ to begin with. I think it is a really powerful rule, but then again, I only roll 1, 5 and 6s. :p

Ironbone
26-09-2013, 08:34
I only roll 1, 5 and 6s. :p
Just like me on armour saves :).

Oh, wait, i do not use armour save, i play guard, sily me :p