PDA

View Full Version : From their holes and caverns creep ten thousand orc and goblin feet...

Karak Norn Clansman
26-09-2013, 12:50
From their holes and caverns creep,
ten thousand orc and goblin feet.
With hungry hearts and sharpened knives,
they come to take your worthless lives.

Does the text sound familiar? I recall these lines from what might have been WD#300 or GW's 30 years anniversary White Dwarf. Apparently there were some famous metal band which produced a little "album" for the magazine. It doesn't show up on my Google searches, so could you be kind enough to link me to the song?

Badbones777
26-09-2013, 14:37
The text does indeed sound familiar and it will almost certainly be from one of the D-Rok Flexi discs they gave away every now and then in early WD's , or
at the very least that era - I'd suggest a look at this (http://realmofchaos80s.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/bloody-great-horns-on-warhammer-rocks.html)
However, I couldn't see those precise lyrics during my own brief skim. I do remember it, though sadly not the title of the song, but my first thougt was it might be by D-Rok
though I could be wrong - we had a rule where if you could recite the entire thing without looking at the WD and not make a mistake you got the stat buff of your choice for a unit!

It may well have been reprinted in WD 300, (iirc that was a retrospective piece in magazine form-and pretty fun to read too!) but it hils from much earlier -your looking at the mid/late 80s
if my feeble primary head brain serves. At a stretch possibly very early 90's.

Badbones777
26-09-2013, 14:40
It was Sabbat, "Blood for the Blood God" :evilgrin:

Karak Norn Clansman
26-09-2013, 14:55
Thank you! I was well aware that the song was an oldie, and even though I merely entered the hobby during 6th edition of WHFB I still thorougly enjoyed those retrospective issues. :)

StygianBeach
26-09-2013, 15:56
From their holes and caverns creep,
ten thousand orc and goblin feet.
With hungry hearts and sharpened knives,
they come to take your worthless lives.

Why did I read that to the tune to Over the Misty Mountains Cold?

Wow, interesting thread and links....

Karak Norn Clansman
26-09-2013, 16:17
Why did I read that to the tune to Over the Misty Mountains Cold?

Wow, interesting thread and links....

Because the movie music for Lotr and the Hobbit is top-notch, and because the quoted verse fits well into the Misty Mountains theme? Actually the verse and probably the whole song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8mEOiI4pjs) sound better to a tune akin to Over Misty Mountains Cold, which may be true for much Metal music with good lyrics. :)

StygianBeach
28-09-2013, 08:03
Yeah, Over the Misty Mountains cold is great... It would have been nice if they could have put another couple of verses into the end credits.