PDA

View Full Version : The Brotherhood of Rot, or, How i learned to stop worrying and just play what i want.

Foegnasher
27-09-2013, 02:55
2500 points

Nurgle themed army, with all my favorite models. Here it be.

Lords:
Chaos Lord, mark of nurgle, halberd, scaley skin, soul feeder (General)
Sorcerer lord, Mark of Nurgle, lvl 4, Palanquin, Charmed shield, Opal Amulet, Nurgle's Rot
Heros
Exalted hero, mark of nurgle, bsb, enchanted shield, hideous visage
Exalted Hero, mark of nurgle, halberd, daemonic mount, barding, talisman of endurance (MURDERPONY)

Core:
Chariot, mark of nurgle
5 hounds
5 hounds
12 chaos warriors, mark of nurgle, shields, full command
12 chaos warriors, mark of nurgle, shields, full command

special
10 chosen, mark of nurgle, halberd, full command
chaos warshrine, mark of nurgle
5 chaos knights, mark of nurgle, ensorcelled weapons, full command

rare:
Dragon Ogre Shoggoth, great weapon

i'll be fielding this for a bit, to get a feel for it, it's 1-0 already with a narrow victory versus a very good local high elf player. i managed to eat his dragon princeses/bsb with 2+ cheese banner/frost chicken, while narrowly avoiding the giant block of 4+ wd save razor halberd wielding fear causeing nerds in dresses. if not for a well timed demon prince transformatuion, i would have lost. but man was it fun.

first person who asks where the bloodcrushers/tzeench disk is gets the clue x 4. it's NURGLE. all things nurgle. the cool nurgle lord, the cool nurgle mount, the (Custom) Nurgle sorcerer on the Throne of Poop, and the (Custom) SUPER awesome Nurgle BSB of doom. no other marks. no demons but the ones i fish out of my army with the warshrine and challenges. no chimeras because i hate the model. i wont win every game, but the addition of the Shoggy (another of my most favoritest models) gives me an anti monster option. in my last game he scored big by punching the Frostheart in the gonads. to death. also crushed the flank of the dragon princes. 2+ sv? meet str 8. is it WAAC? no. IS it Optimized? not even close. is it fun to play and cool to play against? you bet. which is why it's AWESOME.

positive comments welcomed. if you dont like it, please say so nicely.

Zindras
27-09-2013, 03:07
I do like it! I love Nurgle, OMG do I love Nurgle.

I'm considering doing something similar with my Daemons o Chaos army. How do you feel about running ole papa nurgle these days? You seem to have a good working knowledge of all things fantasy, so be brutally honest with me. I can take it!

Foegnasher
27-09-2013, 03:19
I do like it! I love Nurgle, OMG do I love Nurgle.

I'm considering doing something similar with my Daemons o Chaos army. How do you feel about running ole papa nurgle these days? You seem to have a good working knowledge of all things fantasy, so be brutally honest with me. I can take it!

Nurgle is great, but demons of nurgle with Epidimus can be down right gruesome. i"m more a warriors fan, our local demon player is running an all slaneesh list that is gross. The advice I would give you is this, make sure that your opponent can still have fun against your army. if you are a d*ck and you list is brutal, then noone will want to play with you.

rydhus
27-09-2013, 08:32
I'm a fan of playing whatever you like. I'm doing something similar with Daemons. I really like Khorne, the color red and the frenzy / killing blow rule. As for WoC i combine Khorne with Tzeentch so that I can cast spells, and still put my favoured juggernauts on the table.

Now as for your rotting, stinking list;
Do you have cool (converted) Nurgle mini's for Daemon prince and Chaos Spawn?
I bought a beastmen Ghorgon and painted it red to use as a Khorne Giant. None of my friends complain about using different models as long as its clear what its used for.

Also have you considered using trolls? I find it very cool to have some Nurgled river trolls in a Nurgle list. Especialy the vommiting one.

Foegnasher
27-09-2013, 10:39
I'm a fan of playing whatever you like. I'm doing something similar with Daemons. I really like Khorne, the color red and the frenzy / killing blow rule. As for WoC i combine Khorne with Tzeentch so that I can cast spells, and still put my favoured juggernauts on the table.

Now as for your rotting, stinking list;
Do you have cool (converted) Nurgle mini's for Daemon prince and Chaos Spawn?
I bought a beastmen Ghorgon and painted it red to use as a Khorne Giant. None of my friends complain about using different models as long as its clear what its used for.

Also have you considered using trolls? I find it very cool to have some Nurgled river trolls in a Nurgle list. Especialy the vommiting one.

i use the 40K nurgle demon prince for my transformed warriors. you know, the big, flabby, bug eyed freak? yeah, that guy. spawn are just spawn, but i made it look like a fly, cuz, you know, nurgle.

Asdrubael108
30-09-2013, 05:50
Sounds AWESOME, im also trying to make an fun list and this helpes a bit, THANKS for some inspiratio!

Foegnasher
30-09-2013, 21:01
I like that you only have one chariot. my mate fields five in a 1,200 point list. My other mate fields four...I dislike Chaos having Chariots as core, it doesn't seem remotely fair.

i like armies that look like ARMIES. lots of rank and file foot troops. my old skaven list in 7th was 400+ guys no magic no shooting. i like this list while you do have the odd chariot/monster, it's around a bunch of dead hard chaos warriors/knights/chosen. and those 40 guys are the ones who bring the hurt.

and the above reason is why i hate the DP/2 chimera/4 bloodcrusher lists. I hate lists where people spam the best unit in the game and then somehow think they are awesome at warhammer.