PDA

View Full Version : Monster Reaction and Salamanders???

hunter4925
05-06-2006, 16:01
Ok, first I will give the setup to this question. I was recently playing a game in which the first turn of the game my pack of 3 salamanders ate 6 of their skink handlers in the first round of shooting and in the following turns, the rest were shot, leaving me with 3 unharmed salamanders. My understanding is that they must each now pass a leadership test or make a roll on the monster reaction chart. My first and third salamanders both passed their test, but the second failed, forcing a roll on the monster reaction chart. I did roll a 6 and the beast remain in is current location for the rest of the game.

Now here is where the local rules lawyer came in a made his decleration of what was to happen. According to his ruling, since the Salamanders were bought as a unit, they must always stay a unit. Meaning that despite passing my reaction test for 2 salamanders, the 3 one was forcing the others to stay in the same spot as well. Now if this is true, if I rolled a 1 on the monster reaction chart, the beast would have run away, by the rruling above, that means that the other 2 would also have to run away as well? Is this how this works or does a single monster in a unit of monster, that fails its monster reaction, leave the unit, stay part of the unit, or become a single unit of its own at that point? Some help on this really strange situation and clairifcation would be great. Thanks for the help.

Atrahasis
05-06-2006, 16:08
The unit takes a single Ld test, and if failed the whole unit makes a single roll on the Monster Reaction table.

Lizardman book is quite clear.

Gorbad Ironclaw
06-06-2006, 06:03
Yeah. One monster reaction test for the whole unit. Not one for each.