PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something with the new Raven Guard Chapter Tactics

mitsukai
29-09-2013, 08:45
Hi all firstly sorry if this answered or indeed been asked elsewhere my search skills are kinda sucky. But I`ve been reading a lot lately how Raven guard players are using their CT to be able to scout Rhinos forward before the game begins.

The simple question is, is this a mistake somehow or do Dedicated vehicles also benefit from the tactics because well they`re dedicated vehicles??

I hope someone can answer :)

Thanks all

Ursus
29-09-2013, 09:03
"Strike from the Shadows: Models in this detachment have the Scout special rule...."

The Rhino is a model in the detachment, so it gets to scout 12"

mitsukai
29-09-2013, 09:06
Thanks mate, I was just being a idiot. I just thought i heard someone say CT didnt apply vehicles

Thanks again buddy

ehlijen
29-09-2013, 09:52
Generally speaking, chapter tactics only apply to models that have the 'chapter tactics' rule.

Some chapter tactics specify that they also affect other models (IH and vehicles), but the rule has to specifically state so.

That said, if carrying their parent unit, dedicated transport inherit the scout rule from them.

MagicHat
29-09-2013, 10:01
Thanks mate, I was just being a idiot. I just thought i heard someone say CT didnt apply vehicles

Thanks again buddy

They don't. In order for CT to benefit anyone, the model must have the CT rule, which vehicles don't have. IH are the only chapter that specifies it working on their vehicles.
The relevant rule says "All models benefit from the appropriate Chapter Tactics for their detachment's chapter, providing they have the Chapter Tactics rule.

However, scout is passed on to dedicated transports, so tacticals can scout move with their transport. (page 41, Scout special rule.)

EDIT: I have got to open a lot of tabs and once and then post, to easy to get ninja'd:o