PDA

View Full Version : So my Character turns into a demon prince aaaaaand.... what happens to the combat?

Foegnasher
29-09-2013, 12:53
so i had a weird one the other day. picture if you will, a climactic combat between to warriors of nurgle and the nancy boys of ulthuan.

i had his knights tied up in combat with my exalted hero fighting atop his Murderpony and one remaining chaoss knight, our big friend Mr. Shoggy had just found thier flank and was makeing them rethink thier life decisions. his huge unit of dress wearing, fear causeing, razor standard having, halberd toteing, 4+ ward save haveing Pheonix gaurd charges into the combat, flanking my character.

now, Mr. Exalted hero is already in a challenge, so the pheonix gaurd cannot attack, but they are adding +5 to combat res. (+3 ranks, +1charge, +1 flank) i am sure to lose, no matter how many knights Mr. Shoggy turns to jelly.

BUT! at that exact moment, Mr. Exalted rips the enemy BSB a new one, and Ole Papa Nurgle says "good on ya, mate" and grants him immortality, a wardrobe upgrade, and a wicked pisser of a skin condition. that's right, Demon Prince in full effect. now. when your character changes, he has to move. so i have to take him out of combat.

here's the question.

Are the Pheonix gaurd still in the combat? the guy they were touching just went all "power rangers monster" on them and poofed away. do they slide down into the knight? or are they out of the combat?

in a similar veign, when a unit is fighting two units to the front and gets killed down to where one isnot touching, are the guys who are out out of combat and free to move? or do they slide down to help fight the remainder of the original unit?

thanks for the help!

bigbiggles
29-09-2013, 23:16
If the hero was joined to the knights before he turned, I would say the phoenix guard move down. Otherwise I guess they are out of combat

Kain187
29-09-2013, 23:23
If the Hero was in a unit. You would push the PG to the unit after removing the hero. If the Hero was a unit in himself. Then the PG would remain where they were and they would only contribute wounds to the combat res. In your description it sounds like he is in a unit of 1 knight left therefore they would remain in contact with that knight.

Foegnasher
30-09-2013, 01:29
ok, gotcha. he was in with the knights. so i should've lost that combat. what about the second bit?

Kain187
01-10-2013, 20:33
Yes if it is 2 units fighting 1 unit then when they remove bodies they need to keep both units in contact or if say a unit is fighting a unit in bus formation and a monster is in their flank he would slide down as the unit is deleted. In strange cases where the unit cant slide you shift the enemy unit to remain in contact.

Lord Solar Plexus
02-10-2013, 05:13
now. when your character changes, he has to move. so i have to take him out of combat.

Does he? It's a serious question as I can't look it up right now. Where and why does he have to move, and how far? I don't remember seeing those specifications before.

furrie
02-10-2013, 07:54
Does he? It's a serious question as I can't look it up right now. Where and why does he have to move, and how far? I don't remember seeing those specifications before.
The model is slain and becomes a new unit, so he needs to move out of combat.

Mr_Rose
02-10-2013, 09:12
The model is slain and becomes a new unit, so he needs to move out of combat.
It's more than that; the new demon prince is created first and must be placed within 6" of the ascending warrior but also more than 1" away from any enemy unit(s) before the champion model is removed as a casualty. No-one moves at all: a new single-model unit is created and another model vanishes.