PDA

View Full Version : Mortis engine explosion of happiness and Regeneration.

Azmodian
02-10-2013, 13:40
Playing a game against VC last weekend. He had his Mortis Engine fielded (why more VC's don't use it I'm at a loss but that is besides the point) I got a great spell off and ended up doing enough wounds to kill the Engine...

Here is where I'm confused... (and it may be a case of 7th edition not rolling over dead in my head yet.) I remember that with Regeneration the model would "die" and then you could bring it back after CC (if it was in CC) with Regen. Looking at the Rule book it doesn't reference that anymore (or I am missing it).

Reason I bring this up is I watch OnceBittens youtube battle reports (game 313) he plays a game against VC with a Mortis Engine. It blows up turn one or two, (dies) but then is on the board again to blow up on the last turn? Just curious on what I am missing or how that was able to happen.

sorberec
02-10-2013, 14:18
Regen bringing models back was before 7th edition (don't ask me which as I only started playing again towards the tail end of 7th).

Regen is now basically like a Ward Save in that it is taken after a failed armour save (or after the to wound roll if the model with regen doesn't have an armour save or the armour save was negated somehow by the attack), although unlike in 7th edition you can't take both a Regen save and a Ward save.

Not sure what happened in the battle report you watched. Are you sure the VC player wasn't using two Mortis Engines? If not either someone messed up somewhere or maybe they were playing with some special scenario rules is my best gues

Lord Inquisitor
02-10-2013, 14:33
The VC player in that game had two so I think you're just seeing the other one - they can't come back from the dead (well... again).

dementian
02-10-2013, 14:58
The VC player in that game had two so I think you're just seeing the other one - they can't come back from the dead (well... again).

Correct. Regen happens in place of a ward save if it provides a better save.

Azmodian
02-10-2013, 16:23
Thanks, I guess I should stop half paying attention to the battle reports while I paint/work... I missed the second Mortis... Thanks all.