PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Halloween

flying land raider
06-10-2013, 20:46
Hello everybody my local gw is hosting a Halloween game. The game is we get one character and need to clear out a zombie infested crypt. The problem is I don't play warhammer I play 40k. I was looking for some suggestions on what character I should use.

thanks

outbreak
06-10-2013, 20:51
need more info to answer this, do you mean special character or regular character choices? lords or heroes? what are the points allocations for items?

flying land raider
06-10-2013, 20:54
There is no point limit for the characters and I'm not sure if it has to be special or regular

outbreak
06-10-2013, 21:46
what army did you want to use?
If it's just any characters from any books you could take a tooled up vampire lord or daemon prince

Lord Dan
06-10-2013, 22:32
Ironically, a blender Vampire Lord should perform really well.

grumbaki
07-10-2013, 00:24
How many points do you get? I'd go for the storm of chaos Daemonslayer.

1: skavenslayer (multiply attacks by number of foes in base contact. Max 10 attacks)
2: master runs of swiftness (Asf. With I5 you'll get re-rolls to hit)
3: rune of cleaving (str 5 for 2+ wounds)

By memory, that is around 270ish points. And you would still be able to buy him deathblow (upon death make full attacks) and one more weapon rune.

Defensively he is ws7 and t5. Not bad when fighting zombies.

-----

If you only get heroes, you can't go wrong with a dark elf 'nob. Add a cheap sword of might, enchanted shield and a sea dragon cloak.

3 attacks, Asf (hit on3's re-roll misses). Wound on 2's, re-roll failed wounds. 1+ AS, Ld 9.

Drasanil
08-10-2013, 04:23
Bring a necromancer and raise your own zombies to do the dirty work for you :D

Aside for that, I'm inclined to agrees with Grum, a dark elf nob or dreadlord would clear out zombies with ease, re-roll to hit from ASF and re-roll 1s to wound. My advice if Lord choices are avaliable would be. Dreadlord with Sword of Might, Shield, Armour of Destiny, Dawn Stone and Sea Dragon Cloak. Effective you re-roll all hits and wounds on the attack against zombies. In return they hit you on 5s, wound on 4s, but you get a 2+ rerollable armour save and a 4+ ward.

Nymie_the_Pooh
08-10-2013, 04:38
There are lots of options. If it were me I would look for a model I think would look good on a shelf after the event was over.

Agoz
08-10-2013, 05:04
Not knowing exactly what the scenario entails, I would strongly suggest your group set a small point limit, zombies alone aren't going to be able to handle some of the tooled up characters in warhammer, no matter how many of them there are. For example, anything with a re-rollable 2+ armor save and a 4+ ward( something which most armies can manage just using generic magic items) is pretty much unkillable even when it's fighting something designed to kill characters, something ws 2 str 2 isn't going to have a snowball's chance in hell.

Mithras69
08-10-2013, 06:00
Take a tooled up Doombull, by the end he will have racked up a gazzillion attacks. Make sure you bring enough dice :evilgrin:

Theocracity
08-10-2013, 06:15
I feel like the point of this event isn't to take a blender machine to mow through the dungeon as fast as possible. I think you'd have more fun taking a character you like and seeing how they perform.

Lord Dan
08-10-2013, 06:40
I think you'd have more fun taking a character you like and seeing how they perform.

In that case an Empire Engineer with a repeater handgun is definitely the character to run with.

Glen_Savet
08-10-2013, 07:11
Old Blood with +3 attacks sword on a cold one, light armor, Dawnstone. Murder-face for zombies. Can even give him the steg helm instead of dawnstone if you want to make it REALLY silly. Crypt horrors needing 6's to wound? Please and thanks!

Sin Eater
08-10-2013, 09:18
I'd take a night goblin Shaman...

LordofDestruction1992
08-10-2013, 16:39
Id takje my Slaanesh Exalted Hero (Exalted Hero Barded Chaos Steed Shield Mark of Slaanesh Talisman Of Presevation Allure Of Slaanesh Soul Feeder) hes ws7 with a 1+ armour save 4+ ward enemy modlkes wishing to strike him must pass a leadership test or not attack and yeah even if they do pas they are hitting him on 5s and wounding on 5s

mdaro
05-11-2013, 03:44
Wish I would have seen this three weeks ago. Harry the Hammer.

SteveW
05-11-2013, 04:08
I would have taken a savage orc warboss with the battleaxe of the last waaaagh

Shadeseraph
05-11-2013, 05:22
Dragon Mage. Because you are killing zombies with fire. And a big flaming winged lizard.

Romark
05-11-2013, 07:41
Dark Elf Sorceress, Tome of Furion (Soul Stealer). Cast soul stealer, many, MANY, zombies die. You have 10 wounds, so may as well go into combat. Cast soul stealer again. Repeat as many times as necessary.

All for less than 150 points.