PDA

View Full Version : 2000 woc

outbreak
06-10-2013, 22:24
Was wondering how this list looked? Any advice, I haven't used my chaos army yet.

LORDS:
daemon prince
mark of nurgle
level 4
lore of nurgle
daemonic flight
charmed shield
scaled skin
soul feeder

CORE:
18 warriors
mark of nurgle
standard and musician
banner of swiftness
shields

1 chaos chariot
unmarked

5 warhounds
vanguard

5 warhounds
vanguard

SPECIAL:
5 chaos knights
mark of nurgle
musician and standard
ensorcelled weapons

1 chimera
regenerating flesh

1 chimera
regenerating flesh

RARE:
3 skullcrushers
musician and standard
ensorcelled weapons

TOTAL: 2000

Looking for advice on any changes or even tactics/playstyle to use beyond charge across the board and murder things. Would have liked to get 3 breath weapons in but would mean dropping the knights I think.

Noma90
06-10-2013, 23:29
Was wondering how this list looked? Any advice, I haven't used my chaos army yet.

LORDS:
daemon prince
mark of nurgle
level 4
lore of nurgle
daemonic flight
biting blade
charmed shield
dragonbane gem
scaled skin
soul feeder

Biting blade seems like a waste of points to be perfectly honest. I might consider grabbing him the other trickster's shard instead, it would probably be more effective when putting down wounds than the biting blade. Otherwise looks good.

CORE:
18 warriors
mark of nurgle
standard and musician
banner of swiftness
shields

From my experience lately, the banner of swiftness has not made much of a difference when I field warriors, blasted standard or banner of eternal flame are both solid options in it's place. Blasted standard will save lives, and banner of eternal flame will help deal with any kind of regen saves you might come across.

1 chaos chariot
unmarked

Grab a mark for this guy, nurgle or khorne both work pretty well, I prefer nurgle because it makes grinding out combats much more effective.

5 warhounds
vanguard

5 warhounds
vanguard

Vanguard is interesting, but I don't field it anymore, it never really helped out too much. Dogs are just fodder and should remain that way, no sense in spending additional points to upgrade them in my opinion.

SPECIAL:
5 chaos knights
mark of nurgle
musician and standard
ensorcelled weapons

Skullcrusher's are much better knights, but that's not to say chaos knights can't provide some good damage output. I prefer trolls as they're decently cheap and pretty quick in their own right, gorebeast chariot is also nice. Still solid though.

1 chimera
regenerating flesh

1 chimera
regenerating flesh

RARE:
3 skullcrushers
musician and standard
ensorcelled weapons

Gleaming pennant is one of the best investments I've ever put into this unit. So cheap, but it's saved my skullcrusher's from overcharging into certain death on more than one occasion. Just something to consider.

TOTAL: 2000

Looking for advice on any changes or even tactics/playstyle to use beyond charge across the board and murder things. Would have liked to get 3 breath weapons in but would mean dropping the knights I think.

I like the list, and I think it would perform well in most games. Hope I could help. Good luck. :)