PDA

View Full Version : 2400 point dark elf army (NEW)

Inglorious
06-10-2013, 23:02
a list i have made to take to tournaments, but will probably change once the book gets comped.

Dreadlord
Cold one
Lance
Shield
Sea dragon cloak
Dawnstone
Cloak of twilight

Sorceror
Lvl 4
Dispel scroll
Talisman of preservation

Death Hag
Bsb
Potion of strength
Obsidian amulet
Witchbrew
Rune of khaine

5 dark riders
Shields
Musician
Crossbows

5 dark riders
Shields
Musician
Crossbows

10 crossbows
Musician

10 crossbows
Musician

10 crossbows
Musician

5 Warlocks

5 warlocks

9 cold one knights
Full command

27 Executioners
Full command
Standard of discipline

Cold one chariot

Total = 2397

what does everyone think?

Inglorious
07-10-2013, 10:34
thinking of going life on the mage to give the deathhag and the executioners some more survivability, and of course dwellers is awesome! any opinions on which magic lore to use?

Soulless
07-10-2013, 10:36
uhm why in hell the book would get comped ? List is made on simple principle of points denial - its good but far from optimal

Inglorious
07-10-2013, 10:53
hmm, okay, recomendations on how to make it more optimal then?

tanka
07-10-2013, 11:37
I think you've got too many points in characters that aren't set up optimally. The cloak is nice on the lord but his unit will not be getting the charge very often. I think the cloak is made for a solo peg rider. I also really don't like the hag as a bsb, she has next to know protection as she is, I'd much rather have a 1+ reroll master for a lot cheaper.

The list doesn't really have any major weaknesses, however it doesn't have a major strength either.
I think the knight unit is either too small or too big, it wants to be running as a 5/6 or a 14.
I also think the executioners could be split into two without hurting them.

The 3 crossbow units to me don't make sense I'm afraid, the shooting you have is very middle of the road, not enough to seriously hurt anyone, just to chink wounds here and there. I'd much rather take corsair units with handbows for cheaper. Being able to move without penalty and getting a s/s at any range is great, plus you can help put pressure on and clear chaff with them.

With witches being core now I'd also try and get at least decent size unit in, or a couple of small ones.

Inglorious
07-10-2013, 17:31
Had it pointed out to me that you can only take magic weapons on the death hag. Damn need to re write part of this!

jarbo
07-10-2013, 18:34
The death hag can't have both witchbrew and rune of khaine. It says may take ONE of the following.

Kain187
07-10-2013, 19:08
I would remove the Hag and add a BSB on a cold one. Place an armor pen banner in the cold ones and possibly a +1 move banner in the executioners. Giving them a +1 ld banner in a ld10 army doesnt make sense. They would be ld9 and cant use generals leadership. With the extra move they will be a move 6 in an army that is mostly move 7 or shooting.