PDA

View Full Version : Malekith 2400 list

Mullitron
07-10-2013, 14:57
Been a fan of Malekith for years and so when I got the new book today I quickly wrote up this list over lunch. Now I don't think he is the optimal choice for dark elves (being over 500 points before you even add him to a unit) but he does have some fun/interesting rules and the new lore is quite good for him in my opinion.

Malekith and the bsb join the executioners, I'am hoping that Malekith's 18 inch inspiring presence rule can help keep some of the low leadership monsters in check. The scroll caddy will probably just go in the corsairs, I'am not sure on lore choice for her though tempted to give her the lore of shadow or life. The monsters are there to provide multiple threats to the opponent and hopefully assist in important combats with their high strength and breath weapons.

Malekith 510

Heroes:

Master
bsb
halberd
heavy armour
sea dragon cloak
enchanted shield
dawnstone

sorceress
scroll

Core:

30 corsairs
Full command
Reaper handbows

5 dark riders
musician
herald
shields
repeater crossbows

5 dark riders
musician
herald
shields
repeater crossbows

Special:

28 executioners
Full command

war hydra
fiery breath

war hydra
fiery breath

Rare:

Kharibdyss

Kharibdyss

Total: 2398

As said before it was quickly written up over lunch but any comments on positive or negative attributes of the list would be greatly appreciated. Eventually I would like to develop it into an army that's slightly more refined and then probably modify it into a list with a supreme sorceress instead of Malekith.

Thankyou

Gooner
09-10-2013, 03:46
It actually seems pretty fun

jayg1357
09-10-2013, 08:40
i may favor high elves but i do like this list mainly as it has malekith in and with the monsters aswell it does look like a fun list to play

MrScobie
09-10-2013, 19:04
Might be wrong but with your bsb having a halberd and an enchanted shield, would he be able to use the halberd in cc or because you have an offensive magic item you would be forced to use hand weapon and shield in this case?

Also I would try gettin more bodies in the executioner unit to soak but some shooting, maybe just 33? just so you have room to lose a few running in and still make use of horde rules

Kor'Vesh
10-10-2013, 08:37
Looks fun. I'd run life on the sorceress to keep your monsters in the fight and either boost toughness, regenerate or heal the execs. You could even swap the scroll for the tome to ensure flesh to stone. T5 execs sound fun... Defence is for high elves :)

Mullitron
10-10-2013, 09:38
Thanks for all the comments and tips :) I believe your correct about the halberd/shield combo MrScobie so I will change that. Not sure If I would be better off dropping the Halberd and going for better save, or keeping the halberd and having a worse armour save (any suggestions?) I also agree that a few extra bodies in the executioners would be nice, though I'am not sure where I would get the points, the only option seems to be from the bsb, perhaps dropping the dawnstone?
Lore of life is good, sadly however the new tomb of Furion only works with the lore of dark magic, so flesh to stone wouldn't be guaranteed. The lore of shadow's sig spell could be quite nice to support important rounds of combat, It's easy to cast and the lore attribute could be used to get Malekith out of harms way (in typical Dark elf fashion). Both lores are strong but I'am still not sure of lore selection.

Thanks again, any more tips or comments would be appreciated. :)

Kor'Vesh
10-10-2013, 14:56
Good point on the Tome... I missed that limitation. I still think there are three spells in Life that could help keep your executioners in the fight, one of which is the signature spell (regen). Whenever you cast it successfully, a monster gets a wound back. This is not a bad option to my mind. You could drop both heralds for a few extra points, plus re-jigging your master's loadout could buy you 2 more execs... not sure how though!