PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this have been asked before....

Teongpeng
07-10-2013, 16:42
Do any of you with more than 1 army ever setup and play with yourself?

Soundwave
07-10-2013, 16:51
I play with myself all the time! Oh warhammer,right.....:shifty: no,never, i do doodle on bits of paper though.

dementian
07-10-2013, 16:54
I've done it before as a means to test new mechanics. You cannot make a competitive game out of it, but if you want to practice rules or mechanics it could be useful. If you are curious how certain units perform against others I feel this is better done through Excel or spreadsheets because otherwise its anecdotal and not really giving you a good sample size for extrapolation.

Having models on the board to practice techniques like double fleeing, railroading, or odd mechanics like fanatics can be a useful.

IcedCrow
07-10-2013, 17:00
I wrote a piece of software that lets me do this. I use it to practice formations and odds.

Infern0
07-10-2013, 17:07
Do any of you with more than 1 army ever setup and play with yourself?
Yes... I did alot. When I was 8-11 and collected LotR, and a couple years afterwards with 40k.
I was only about 3 month each year in the area, where I had proper GW not far away.
But where I actually live, I had noone to play with. Now I don`t have time. I`m still into the hobby though.. But it`s mostly reading forums, painting once in 3 month and sometimes byuing stuff.