PDA

View Full Version : Armor of Grief

Chain
08-10-2013, 20:35
Just wanted to hear if my conclusion is sound.
If the S5 rebound kill the attacker, they won't get to roll for wounds?
I assume murderous prowess don't inc this right?
would be pretty nice with 1 given the low save

BattleofLund
08-10-2013, 21:01
Just wanted to hear if my conclusion is sound.
If the S5 rebound kill the attacker, they won't get to roll for wounds?
I assume murderous prowess don't inc this right?
would be pretty nice with 1 given the low save

It happens simultaneously; like if my Goblin is fighting your identical Goblin, and they both do a Wound - they both die.

Chain
08-10-2013, 21:08
that is rather unfortinate since this makes Kouran rather easy to kill.
5+ as would likely see him dead in 1-2 rounds of combat even against slaves and goblins. though if it had been the other way he'd be really dangerous to elite infantry

ExquisiteMonkey
09-10-2013, 01:55
It happens simultaneously; like if my Goblin is fighting your identical Goblin, and they both do a Wound - they both die.

I would argue against this.

The wording of the rule is that for every successful hit on Kouran, the attacker immediately takes a S5 hit - its a break from the normal sequence and needs to be resolved before continuing.

Ramius4
09-10-2013, 02:57
I would argue against this.

The wording of the rule is that for every successful hit on Kouran, the attacker immediately takes a S5 hit - its a break from the normal sequence and needs to be resolved before continuing.

I would play it this way too. However, even if it does kill the attacker, Kouran could still die from the hit he took, so the order in which it happens is irrelevant.

Rake
10-10-2013, 10:38
I would not let the attack kill the attacker and therefor cancel the wound. An effect that powerful would need explicit wording. However you underestimate the deterence value. I had an empire player kill kouran, but only after he took down 3 models with his attacks and 6 with the Armor. Those kills meant my opponent was no longer Steadfast.

theunwantedbeing
10-10-2013, 12:20
You only don't get to roll to wound after a successful hit if the attack is cancelled.
Being dead doesn't cause an attack to stop happening.

Don Zeko
10-10-2013, 22:19
This is pretty obvious, I think. If in fact the armor kills the attacker and the attack is not counted, then there is actually no hit, right? After all, you're not rolling to wound, Kouran is not taking an armor save. In short, none of the things that actually result from a model getting hit happen. And if that's the case, what triggers the S5 hit back?

Chain
11-10-2013, 00:22
I suppose so, the way I descriped it in the OP would probably be more like a forceshield with rebounce to anything to hit it which then might stop the attack and kill the attacker wityh his own power.
Would be a bit much on a hero character I suppose.

Now if only there was a way to give him a useable wardsave(6+ from the COB isn't to tempting)