PDA

View Full Version : Large Targets and Cover

Chain
09-10-2013, 23:25
Have been away from Warhammer for over a year and upon my return I started wondering if Large targets would be able to grant some kind of cover or block sight to other large targets?

I recall the LOS rules of 8'th ed being redicilous but can anyone refresh me on this?

Case i'm considering is Shielding a Dragon with 2 Hydras to avoid Cannonfire(cannonballs stop when hitting large targets right?)

Clowater
10-10-2013, 01:49
True line of sight.

Being a large target just means you cannot benefit from cover provided from obstacles. (Fences, Walls)

A cannonball would only stop if it doesn't kill a target it hits or bounces into an obstacle. So if you put a hydra in front, it might take 5 or6 wounds and continue on to kill your dragon. Or they could simply shoot over the hydra if they can see it.

Nymie_the_Pooh
10-10-2013, 05:48
They can provide cover. They only block line of sight if the shooter can not draw a line of sight to the target.

Rake
10-10-2013, 10:36
Yeah the hydra will not block a well aimed (or lucky) cannonball. Given the long base of the dragon you would be surprised how often it will happen. However if even a tiny bit of the bounce hits the hydra and doesn't cause the necessary wounds to kill the hydra then the cannon shot is blocked.