PDA

View Full Version : Can you field multiple spellcasters?

SkavenJB
09-10-2013, 23:31
Hey guys. I'm pretty new to warhammer fantasy. I play skaven and want to know if I could field 2 spellcasters at once. For example can I have a grey seer and a warlock engineer (with level 1 or 2 wizard upgrade) that can both use magic on the magic phase or is it one spell caster altogether?

outbreak
10-10-2013, 04:24
you can field more than one, the only restriction if you can't have the same spell twice unless it's their signature spell (warlock engineers signature is warp lightening, grey seers is 13th and skitter leap i think so he couldn't have warplightening if the engineer has it)

Lance Tankmen
10-10-2013, 05:04
no he could have it if the engineer swapped for the spell, you just cant roll and get the same spells. example, grey seer rolls warp lightening and keeps it plus 2 other and 13th, then the engineer rolls his two spells and swaps one for warp lightening. pretty sure thats how it works

Rake
10-10-2013, 10:30
you can use the same spell twice if you have it. However given spell generation rules you can only have duplicate spells if you somehow got it. Ssignature spell swapping is the most common, but loremaster, other spell swaping (Warp Lightning and Dreaded 13th for example), selecting spells instead of rolling for them etc. will all let you end up with duplicate spells on the field.

SkavenJB
10-10-2013, 19:14
Thank you all for your answers this is very helpful. So how would you do the magic phase then? Would each individual spell caster get a different dice pool. So I would roll for my grey seer do his magic turn, then I would take my warlock engineer roll for the amount of dice he gets then do his turn or, how does it work?

outbreak
10-10-2013, 21:03
no he could have it if the engineer swapped for the spell, you just cant roll and get the same spells. example, grey seer rolls warp lightening and keeps it plus 2 other and 13th, then the engineer rolls his two spells and swaps one for warp lightening. pretty sure thats how it works

but if the engineer already has warp lightening, and you then roll it on a grey seer I thought you weren't allowed to keep it as it isn't his signature and is now a duplicate? If the grey seer has rolled it first then the engineer can still swap as it's his signature but I thought the other way around doesn't work?

furrie
11-10-2013, 10:30
Thank you all for your answers this is very helpful. So how would you do the magic phase then? Would each individual spell caster get a different dice pool. So I would roll for my grey seer do his magic turn, then I would take my warlock engineer roll for the amount of dice he gets then do his turn or, how does it work?
You create one dice pool for you army.

Lord Zarkov
11-10-2013, 12:10
And then each wizard pulls dice out of it as they cast each spell.

Knighted
11-10-2013, 14:14
And then I put on my wizard hat and robe.

Ramius4
12-10-2013, 13:01
but if the engineer already has warp lightening, and you then roll it on a grey seer I thought you weren't allowed to keep it as it isn't his signature and is now a duplicate? If the grey seer has rolled it first then the engineer can still swap as it's his signature but I thought the other way around doesn't work?

This is correct. The order in which you generate spells for each wizard actually matters.

Drasanil
13-10-2013, 23:40
This is correct. The order in which you generate spells for each wizard actually matters.

Unless it's been FAQed I'm pretty sure it doesn't. It falls under the 'AB says may specifically swap for' clause, meaning it doesn't count towards the duplicate limit when it is on an Engineer, whether rolled first, second, chosen or in between.

Rake
14-10-2013, 09:37
I'm with Drasanil on this one. It doesn't matter what rulebook says as a more advanced rule trumps it.