PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to guess what products should have been recalled

cpl_hicks
10-10-2013, 20:17
The chapterhouse topic has recently been discussing the departure of Gill Stevenson from GW. The blood of kittens (http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2013/10/09/network-news-gw-fired/) article contains a copy of her linked in profile which says.

Negotiated successful outcomes in a variety of commercial disputes in many territories, including negotiating with Trading Standards in the UK, to avoid product recalls.

This says to me that trading standards had some issue with a GW product that may have needed to go back to GW, does anyone want to take a stab at whatever it might be?

shelfunit.
10-10-2013, 20:21
Would that be the Killa kanz thing with them needing to put stickers on the box with not for under 14's or something because it had too many sharp bits?

Torga_DW
10-10-2013, 20:24
I think there was also something about the garden of morr, no?

Spider-pope
10-10-2013, 20:56
This says to me that trading standards had some issue with a GW product that may have needed to go back to GW, does anyone want to take a stab at whatever it might be?

Could be any number of things. There were those airbrushes that didn't work, the craters that were cast wrong, the aforementioned sharp bits of sharpness. I wouldn't get too excited, because its a business profile and it's going to "big up" anything they did. So a two minute phone call to say "Okay we'll put a warning label on it" becomes "Negotiated successful outcomes in a variety of commercial disputes in many territories, including negotiating with Trading Standards in the UK, to avoid product recalls. "

Cuchulain84
10-10-2013, 21:01
|Finecast?

Hendarion
11-10-2013, 04:45
Finecast didn't change in any way. So there is nothing they could have "negotiated successfully" about it.

violenceha
11-10-2013, 05:07
Maybe there's a legal limit to how many skulls can be added to a miniature and GW finally crossed the line?

machine_recovered_meat
11-10-2013, 07:14
I wouldn't get too excited, because its a business profile and it's going to "big up" anything they did. So a two minute phone call to say "Okay we'll put a warning label on it" becomes "Negotiated successful outcomes in a variety of commercial disputes in many territories, including negotiating with Trading Standards in the UK, to avoid product recalls. "
This.
I'd wager it was probably a two minute call to an advisor to boot.
The profile from which the quote originates is littered with corporate speak. Linkedin is full of that kind of crap.

Cuchulain84
11-10-2013, 13:35
Finecast didn't change in any way. So there is nothing they could have "negotiated successfully" about it.

I thought the casting improved to create less bubbles?

loveless
11-10-2013, 15:25
I thought the casting improved to create less bubbles?

Typically by adding more vent lines...it's not pretty.

Hendarion
11-10-2013, 16:36
Wrong topic to discuss it. Fact is it ain't better.

Mastodon
11-10-2013, 20:53
Killa Kans and the Garden of Morr. Also the coloured army cases apparently had to have a sticker be put on to say that only over 16's could buy them as the strap was a choking hazard.

Lothlanathorian
12-10-2013, 04:05
Killa Kans and the Garden of Morr. Also the coloured army cases apparently had to have a sticker be put on to say that only over 16's could buy them as the strap was a choking hazard.

Are British students allowed to use backpacks...:eyebrows:

violenceha
12-10-2013, 08:40
Are we sure the price stickers weren't also classed as a choking hazard?

duffybear1988
13-10-2013, 19:39
Pumbagor, dinobots, khornemower, termie tubbies and most of the last chaos warriors releases should have been withdrawn on looks alone.

Torga_DW
13-10-2013, 21:09
Heh, i think that's about all it probably amounts to: the laws governing what's safe for a 5 year old now being applied to 16 year olds, and the related paperwork and documentation. I can't wait till shops need the disclaimer "must be covered in at least 6 of bubblewrap to enter these premises if a minor", with the legal age of adulthood of course being 25 at that point.:angel:

Lothlanathorian
13-10-2013, 23:08

I honestly looked for the 'like' button. I had a very hearty giggle.

loveless
14-10-2013, 16:42
I seem to recall some monopose goblin spearmen that were the only thing worse to step on than a LEGO brick... I don't think that particular set is still in production, but they probably needed more warning labels :p

I was going to say that several of the more recent Chaos fantasy releases could use a notice of "warning: sharp bits"...but I'm not sure if the pieces were sharp on arrival or if my overzealous mold-line cleaning and scraping simply morphed them into weapons of minor pain...

shelfunit.
14-10-2013, 16:55
I seem to recall some monopose goblin spearmen that were the only thing worse to step on than a LEGO brick... I don't think that particular set is still in production, but they probably needed more warning labels :p

4th or 7th ed starter gobbos? I found them both as hazadous as each other...

MajorWesJanson
14-10-2013, 17:51
Pumbagor, dinobots, khornemower, termie tubbies and most of the last chaos warriors releases should have been withdrawn on looks alone.

Those stupid "witty" nicknames should be banned for annoyance alone.

shelfunit.
14-10-2013, 19:35
I attached the metal sprue to one of my kanz as a close combat weapon because it looked(and functioned) as a saw.

Please tell me you have pictures of that :D

Horus38
18-10-2013, 13:55

Ohho, ba-zing! :D

And for the broader discussion: I doubt any recalls would stem from a quality issue (finecast issues, etc.).

Inquisitor Samos
18-10-2013, 23:52

I honestly looked for the 'like' button. I had a very hearty giggle.

Same here; well done! :D :yes:

Litcheur
19-10-2013, 23:26
This says to me that trading standards had some issue with a GW product that may have needed to go back to GW, does anyone want to take a stab at whatever it might be? White paint not being titanium white, but polonium white.

Don't worry, everything is fine.

You don't shape the tip of your brushes between your lips, do you ? :D

6mmhero
20-10-2013, 10:36
Lol "Khornemower"

Sotek
20-10-2013, 11:34
What were the dinobots?

shelfunit.
20-10-2013, 12:35
What were the dinobots?

Maulerfiend and the Heldrake I would imagine.

Senbei
21-10-2013, 10:05

The entire SoB codex.

:P

>_>

<_<