PDA

View Full Version : Reaper Bolt Throwers

Chain
11-10-2013, 00:36
What are the differences between the HE and DE one?

They're at the same point if I recall right, and should have the same stats

Having gotten the 8'th ed DE book recently I just had a closer look at the BT and went :wtf:
I was unable to spot a rather significant line from the 7'th ed army book.

A line stating that Reaper Bolt Throwers do not suffer from the multi shots rule...

Is this the same in HE? are you getting -1 BS for firing multishots to?

MOMUS
11-10-2013, 00:48
I think its futile to compare two similar units from different army books :no:

Chain
11-10-2013, 01:13
A fair point, but you're missing the main purpose.

Do the HE get -1 BS for Multi Shots or not?

Being unable to find this rule from 7'th ed in my 8'th ed DE book made me wonder if the HE lost this to.
To be honest this one missing line have really hit a bad point just when GW had placed the Reaper Bolt Thrower at what I wanted it at.(wanted it at this p area since 8'th ed RB)

Drasanil
11-10-2013, 01:48
Do the HE get -1 BS for Multi Shots or not?

No, since the Multiple Shots special rule isn't listed as one of it's special rules under the 6 shot profile. I'm assuming the same would be the case with DE equivs, since if it's not listed under the profile there is no need to make a special exemption.

Chain
11-10-2013, 07:55
No, since the Multiple Shots special rule isn't listed as one of it's special rules under the 6 shot profile. I'm assuming the same would be the case with DE equivs, since if it's not listed under the profile there is no need to make a special exemption.

That's good to hear, had probably forgotten a change there between 7'th ed rb and 8'th

the_picto
11-10-2013, 09:17
Drasanil is correct, they don't need an exemption from a rule they don't have. It would be like genestealers having brood telepathy to exempt them from instinctive behaviour, except they don't have the instinctive behaviour rule anyway.