PDA

View Full Version : DE Assassin poisons and breath weapons

chaospantz
12-10-2013, 02:23
So I've been wondering about this. If a DE assassin has Manbane or Dark Venom, Both will give you a +1 to wound and killing blow respectivly, dose the poison you take affect this in close combat. Meaning that if im in a challange and use a breath weapon to do say 2D6 Str2 hits will I gain +1 to wound from the one poison or Killing blow from the other? I'm feeling a little more confadent about the +1 to wound since the wording on it says all attacks the character makes get +1 to wound. Not so sure on the Killing blow.

m1acca1551
12-10-2013, 04:26
I'm fairly certain that the poison only affects weapons used in CC not breath weapons unless actually stated, if what you were saying was the actual case well 2d6 st3 kb would very OP.

Happy to be proven wrong, but to me the ruling only affects CC weapons or ranged weapons if stated.

warplock
12-10-2013, 15:08
It doesn't say anything about only working in close combat. It just says the model receives plus one to wound. Therefore it would work with ranged weapons, and breath weapons both as a template and in combat.
Looks like an assassin with the black dragon egg will be very powerful then, with 4 s6 attacks and a (better than) s3 armour-ignoring breath weapon.

Shrapnels
12-10-2013, 15:46
Poisoned attacks (P.73 Rulebook)

unless otherwise stated, a model with this special rule has both poisoned shooting and close combat attacks
So it does apply to both

warplock
12-10-2013, 15:59
Poisoned attacks (P.73 Rulebook)

unless otherwise stated, a model with this special rule has both poisoned shooting and close combat attacks
So it does apply to both

Well that's true, and Assassins do have the Poisoned Attacks special rule, but it has no relevance to this rules question, as the rule we are discussing is called Manbane, not Poisoned Attacks.

warplock
12-10-2013, 20:47
I retract my first post in this thread; BRB FAQ states that breath weapons may not benefit from any other special rules the model has. So it can't benefit from any of the assassin's fancy lotions.

sulla
18-10-2013, 21:24
I retract my first post in this thread; BRB FAQ states that breath weapons may not benefit from any other special rules the model has. So it can't benefit from any of the assassin's fancy lotions.Image of naked dark elf slathering his body with poison...

Blkc57
18-10-2013, 22:07
Image of naked dark elf slathering his body with poison...

Nearby Hellbron shouts with glee "Its puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again!"