PDA

View Full Version : (Wind Blast) artillery sorrows

Retro
12-10-2013, 22:19
Hi All,
In a recent game i was playing (Vampire V Chaos Dwarfs). I been CD i set up close to table edge. My Vamps opponent had a vampire with a ability called Forbidden Lore, where he took the lore of heaven and rolled up Wind Blast (basically a spell where you can move a unit a number of inches away from caster). In short he started blasting my artillery (upgraded version) and this sparked a interesting conversation.

Since the spell has the potential to push my artillery of the board edge, we started reading. Could not find any FAQ on artillery, but in the Rule Book a artillery unit can move. So we agreed on that it can be pushed (boo on my part).

So the big question was: What happens when the artillery is pushed off the board edge?? Is the unit destroyed because its touching the table edge or dose it come back as a reinforcement because it didn't flee off the table edge?

Mr_Rose
12-10-2013, 22:32
Neither. It stops at the board edge and stays there; units aren't allowed to leave the board (BRB, p.27) unless something gives them permission. Fleeing and pursuing are the only two such permissions given generically to all units.

The spell should tell you what happens to units that can't move any more.

Retro
12-10-2013, 22:36
Thanks Rose, missed it

dementian
13-10-2013, 03:47
I believe there is an answer in the Faq where for this spell the board edge is treated as hitting impassable and the unit takes the appropriate hits

Glen_Savet
13-10-2013, 15:35
As far as I understand things Dementian, the board edge is only impassable on the Battle for the Pass scenario.

theunwantedbeing
13-10-2013, 15:43
As far as I understand things Dementian, the board edge is only impassable on the Battle for the Pass scenario.

It's in the FAQ (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3180060a_WARHAMMER_RULEBOOK_v1.8_APRIL13.pdf).
Page 4, it's in pink.
You treat the board edge as impassable terrain for the purposes of the spell.

dementian
13-10-2013, 16:03

So I mentioned that there was an answer in the FAQ and then instead of checking it you just ignore me, I would have supplied the link like theunwantedbeing did below but I was on my phone at the time.

To quote the FAQ directly:

"Reference Section – The Lore of Heavens, Wind Blast.
Add the following at the end of the third sentence: ‘Treat the
edge of the board as impassable terrain for the purposes of this
spell.’"