PDA

View Full Version : Dave Perry's painted figure collection: Rogue Trader Eldar and more

Citadel Collector
14-10-2013, 11:51
I've been very lucky to receive pictures of Dave Perry's painted figures (Dave is ex-GW Studio/Eavy Metal from the 1990s). I'll be adding them to my blog in chunks - just to give you a heads-up I've uploaded part 1 of Dave's Rogue Trader era Eldar to the blog today (http://eldritchepistles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-dave-perry-collection-rogue-trader.html).

I've previously uploaded some of Dave's Realm of Chaos figures (http://eldritchepistles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-dave-perry-collection-realm-of.html) - would it be appropriate to cross-post these in the general Warhammer section?

cheers
Steve

totgeboren
14-10-2013, 12:33
Cool! Nice models, they really look much better with a bit more mature pointjob.
I got 10 old 'Nurgle Renegades' that I am about to paint, and I assume he (Dave Perry) made the old Palanquin of Nurgle with a marine holding a shuriken catapult too? That is the model I'm painting now anyway. :)

Citadel Collector
14-10-2013, 12:57
That palanquin was before Dave's time - according to the old catalogues it was designed by Mike Perry/Jes Goodwin.

spacemonkeymojo
14-10-2013, 13:20
Wow, what is interesting is to see how times have changed through the evolution of GW's miniatures.

Poseidal
14-10-2013, 21:38
Really interesting. Thanks for posting these!

Mage
14-10-2013, 21:39
I like the look of some of those gnarly eldar. While the newer sculpts are better from a technical standpoint, I love the character and quirkyness of these guys (binoics, poses, helmets, etc.). They look more 'alien' than current eldar.

Poseidal
14-10-2013, 22:22
I like the look of some of those gnarly eldar. While the newer sculpts are better from a technical standpoint, I love the character and quirkyness of these guys (binoics, poses, helmets, etc.). They look more 'alien' than current eldar.

I prefer the look of them as Eldar pirates to the new corsair models by far. I especially like that psyker with a sheathed sword.

The Craftworld Eldar that were introduced in 91 were really good though. So much that I think the Aspect Warriors and Farseer sculpts are some of the best they've ever done from all lines. Some of the Warlock models are still sold and in use today too.

Mage
14-10-2013, 22:32
Ya the old dire avengers from then are very nice.

brionl
15-10-2013, 04:28
I've still got a bunch of those. They aren't nearly as well painted though.

Hendarion
15-10-2013, 04:47
Oh, Steve has a blog?

zoggin-eck
15-10-2013, 08:03
Oh, Steve has a blog?

Are you kidding? :eek: I only check for updates every morning :D

Fear13
15-10-2013, 19:27
Wow these are lush. I can remember Dave from the white dwarf I think back when I was a teenager. Some of the eldar he has painted I have in my collection, either as guardians or a couple I have painted up as dire avenger exarch s.. They go really well with the old dire avenger models.