PDA

View Full Version : Chosen rolling The Eye Opens - what happens?

Odin
15-10-2013, 13:20
So, I have just rolled a 1,2 and 6 for my Chosen. Obviously 3 is rubbish, so that leaves me with either +1 Initiative, or The Eye Opens.

But, if I choose The Eye Opens, what exactly happens? It's not covered in the FAQ.

"The Chaos Champion can re-roll one failed roll To Hit, To Wound or saving throw until the end of his next turn."

On it's own, that would suggest that the champion of the unit could re-roll one of those in the first turn of the game (i.e. very likely no effect at all, unless you happen to get a turn 1 combat).

However, the rule for Chosen says "the result is applied to every model in the unit." Which suggests that every model in the unit could make one of those re-rolls in the first turn of the game (though that would be a logistical nightmare). Again, if it only applies to the first turn, it's pretty much useless.

So, has anyone come across a solution to this? Surely it mst have been discussed somewhere, but I can't find anything.

Ramius4
15-10-2013, 13:25
However, the rule for Chosen says "the result is applied to every model in the unit." Which suggests that every model in the unit could make one of those re-rolls in the first turn of the game (though that would be a logistical nightmare). Again, if it only applies to the first turn, it's pretty much useless.

RAW you've basically answered your own question. While it's generally a useless thing to roll, it's also unlikely for a unit of Chosen not to have a better alternative to choose from.

Roshan
15-10-2013, 16:24
Take the +1 Int and curse your rolling ...

Odin
15-10-2013, 18:42
Take the +1 Int and curse your rolling ...

I did quite a lot of cursing my rolling today. That one was the least of my problems!