PDA

View Full Version : 2500 WoC Nov Tournament List

tantalus
16-10-2013, 00:08
Looking for some critiques for the upcoming 2500 point tournament. The lack of a BSB scares me a little, though the MoK/MoS units will be fine. Don't normally take a chaff which has bit me before, though usually worth the risk IMHO. So here it goes:

Daemon Prince 485
Chaos armor, Scaled Skin, lvl2, Chaos Familiar, Winged , Charmed Shield , MoN, Sword of Striking, Dragonbane Gem, Flame Breath, Soul Feeder

Festus 195 (/w WoC)

Exalted Hero 223 (/w Skullcrushers)
MoK, Halberd, Obsidian Lodestone, Juggernaut

Exalted Hero 193 (/w Hellstriders)
MoS, Shield, Gold Sigil Sword, Dawnstone, Steed of Slannesh

Chaos Warriors x32 638
FC, MoN, Shields, AHW

Gorebeast Chariot 140
MoN

Gorebeast Chariot 140
MoN

Hellstriders x10 230
FC, MoS, Hellscorges

SkullCrushers x3 264
FC, Ensorcelled weapons, MoK

Wash
16-10-2013, 12:58
If you drop 1 warrior and 1 hellstrider (the hero still help you maintain formation) then you'll have points for a BSB. Put it on the Khorne Hero.

tantalus
16-10-2013, 13:59
If you drop 1 warrior and 1 hellstrider (the hero still help you maintain formation) then you'll have points for a BSB. Put it on the Khorne Hero.

Wish i could drop 1 warrior but if i do it will put me below the 25% core requirement.

SteveW
16-10-2013, 14:01
You're going to get dominated in the magic phase with only a level 2 with no dispel scroll.

geldedgoat
16-10-2013, 14:57
Daemon Prince 485
Chaos armor, Scaled Skin, lvl2, Chaos Familiar, Winged , Charmed Shield , MoN, Sword of Striking, Dragonbane Gem, Flame Breath, Soul Feeder
This guy needs to be a level 4. puts you at 2578

Exalted Hero 223 (/w Skullcrushers)
MoK, Halberd, Obsidian Lodestone, Juggernaut
This one really isn't necessary, considering the other things these points could be spent on. puts you at 2355

Exalted Hero 193 (/w Hellstriders)
MoS, Shield, Gold Sigil Sword, Dawnstone, Steed of Slannesh
Give him BSB, replace the magic sword and shield with Helm of Many Eyes and a halberd (or a flail). puts you at 2393

Chaos Warriors x32 638
FC, MoN, Shields, AHW
I assume you want AHW to maximize Festus' poison? Drop three guys here and pick up two units of warhounds to put you back over core limit (and give you that chaff that you say curses you, heh). puts you at 2396

Hellstriders x10 230
FC, MoS, Hellscorges
Even riding the BSB here, you really don't need FC. I'd suggest dropping one Hellstrider and the unit champ. puts you at 2366

SkullCrushers x3 264
FC, Ensorcelled weapons, MoK
With no Exalted anymore, you don't need a unit champ here either. puts you at 2356

All that leaves you with 144 points left over, just enough for another MoN Gorebeast. And if you're allowed to go a little over the points limit (your first list totaled 2508), then I'd put either the +1 movement banner or flaming attacks banner on the warriors.

Noma90
16-10-2013, 16:14
At 2500 points I would never leave home without a BSB. You are not immune to fear and terror, and in the moments where a re-roll would come in handy, it's nothing short of a life saver.

I would take lances over the hell scourges for the hellstriders. With an exalted in there that first round of combat is going to be the deciding factor anyways. The chances of you making a the charge are all but certain to begin with, and winning the combat should not be too hard.

Also consider dropping the warrior unit down a tad. You want to maximize the units attacks with xhw, which is fine. But a solid brick of 23 with festus is more than enough at 2500 points. Take a couple regular nurgle chariots in their place. This will allocate your opponents shooting phase to focus less on your unit of warriors and more on other scary targets. Chariots being t5 core with 3+ armor save and then mark of nurgle make them a wicked tar pit. While impact hits give you the killing power to win combats.

tantalus
16-10-2013, 21:44
Thank you all for your advice, here are the associated changes.

Total Points 2495 (5 points to spare)

Daemon Prince 555

Chaos armor, Scaled Skin, lvl4, Winged, Charmed Shield, MoN, Sword of Striking, Dragonbane Gem, Flame Breath, Soul Feeder

Festus 195 (/w WoC)

Exalted Hero 171 (/w Hellstriders)

MoS, Helm of Many Eyes, Halberd, BSB, Steed of Slanesh

Chaos Warriors x30 (6x5 formation) 610

FC, MoN, Shields, AHW, Banner of Eternal Flame

Warhounds x5 45

Vanguard, Poison

Gorebeast Chariot 140

MoN

Gorebeast Chariot 140

MoN

Gorebeast Chariot 140

MoN

Hellstriders x10 220

Musician, Banner, MoS, Hellscorges

SkullCrushers x3 254

Ensorcelled weapons, MoK, Musician, Standard

geldedgoat
16-10-2013, 23:47
That updated list looks much more competitive.

I like that you decided to keep the hellscourges on the hellstriders; that makes them a suitable target for the Nurgle spell that grants poisoned attacks (ASF + poison = awesome). Also, depending on your gaming group, the upgrade will have the same effect (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?382621-Hellscourges) on the steeds' natural poison attack, with or without the Nurgle spell.

I would consider Noma90's advice about dropping some warriors for a core chariot, though, depending on how many other horded units you expect to face.

All in all, that's a purdy good collection of beats. :)

tantalus
17-10-2013, 00:28
I like that you decided to keep the hellscourges on the hellstriders; that makes them a suitable target for the Nurgle spell that grants poisoned attacks (ASF + poison = awesome). Also, depending on your gaming group, the upgrade will have the same effect (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?382621-Hellscourges) on the steeds' natural poison attack, with or without the Nurgle spell.

Very cool i didn't think it would transfer to the mounts.