PDA

View Full Version : 2 Magic Questions, Lifebloom and Transformation of Kadon

In_Fiction
17-10-2013, 13:56
Hi all,

2 simple questions, I couldn't find faq'd or answers whilst searching here, so I'll go ahead and ask:

1. For Life Bloom, can it resurrect warmachine crew (ie, restore wounds to a warmachine)? I assume so, since they are basically wound markers and not individual figures anymore.

2. With Transformation of Kadon, I know the wounds transfer from monster to monster, but what about for when the wizard isn't transformed? So say if while transformed 3 wounds are suffered, if the spell ends or is dispelled, would the wizard die? Same thing if the wizard while not transformed suffers a wound prior to transforming, does that get added onto him when transformed into a monster? I assume so once again (since common sense tells me the wounds aren't lost), but I am not sure since there is no mention of it.

Thanks!

theunwantedbeing
17-10-2013, 14:23
1. Yes.
2. Yes, the wizard would die (unless he had 4 wounds on his profile). A 3 wound wizard who suffered 2 wounds would turn into a monster with 2 wounds already suffered. Suffering a third wound would cause the mage to die when he transformed back.

In_Fiction
18-10-2013, 04:15
Thank you. I figured it was obvious, but since I saw no mention of it in the spell description (other than monster to monster) thought I'd double check.

:)

MOMUS
20-10-2013, 00:19
It's ine of the ways used to kill the beast, wound twice/thrice then simply dispel in your phase and you got one dead wiz.

Ravenar
22-10-2013, 07:22
It's ine of the ways used to kill the beast, wound twice/thrice then simply dispel in your phase and you got one dead wiz.

For the most part, isn't it easier to just dispel and kill the wizard at its normally lower values...

MOMUS
23-10-2013, 23:53
Swings and roundabouts

But yes all remains in play spells are dispelled at the lowest value, not the boosted level or the initial casting value.

bigbiggles
24-10-2013, 18:29
Are boosted spells really dispelled on the basic spell casting cost? Looked in the brb and it could go either way. I know they are not dispelled on the original roll, but the book just says use the basic cost of the spell, and that could mean the boosted version values. Unless there is an FAQ somewhere.

thesoundofmusica
24-10-2013, 19:27
Unless there is an FAQ somewhere.

There is. "Somewhere".

MOMUS
24-10-2013, 21:21
Its a magical place
We're on our way there
With toys in their millions
All under one roof
It's Called... GW website

Necromancy Black
24-10-2013, 21:26
Unless there is an FAQ somewhere.

That would be the official FAQ. You only have to dispel the lowest casting value for remain in play spells (in the turns after it was cast).

MOMUS
25-10-2013, 02:13
That would be the official FAQ. You only have to dispel the lowest casting value for remain in play spells (in the turns after it was cast).

I agree with this dude who is reiterating what I just said :yes:

bigbiggles
25-10-2013, 09:23
Yeah, but the lowest casting value for the boosted spell was 25. So that's what I need to stop it, not the 19 for basic level. That was his arguement

Necromancy Black
25-10-2013, 10:08
Yes, but the way the rules are you only ever have to dispel against the spell, a boosted spell is not a separate thing, and the lowest casting value of a spell is the non-boosted version.

Would've been great to have made this completely clear in the book, cause without the FAQ it is rather ambiguous.

bigbiggles
25-10-2013, 19:14
Yeah, that's what I thought and have always played. But then I looked at the rules it might have got either way, with more of a chance for the smaller cost.