PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elves 2000 points a new collection

Yanos666
17-10-2013, 22:03
Looking at begining a Wood Elves army as I've always loved the fluff and the models. I'm hoping this will be vaguely competative whilst maintaining the fey fluff I've incorporated. That of a Druidess with her entourage.

Lord: Spellweaver Level 4, Glamourweave kindred, on a unicorn, with divination orb and Amaranthine Brooch. Using Lore of life (or beasts if required)
395pts

Heroes: Noble, Wildrider kindred on a stag with the Dawn Spear and potion of foolhardiness
200pts

Core:
10 Dryads w/ Nymph 132pts
20 Glade Guard Standard and Champion and Banner of Flame 258pts

Special:
3 Treekin 195pts
10 Wild Riders w/FCG and the razor standard 341pts

Rare:
Treeman 285pts
Great Eagle 50pts

1998pts in total.

General plan would be to keep the Sorc back to buff my units, archers to present a nice opportunity whilst the Treeman, Treekin and wild rider outflank and smash things! The great Eagle is a warmachine hunter. my 2 units of Dryads would work in tandem to take down any large infantry block with double flank charges or to support the other Forest spirits. My noble mounted on a Stag leads the wild rider in a 6x2 formation hopefully enough to crush anything on the charge but if not his Dawnspear will offer them some good protection until another hammer unit can join the fight, the razor standard also allows them to confidently charge heavy armoured units.

So what are your thoughts?!

Spiney Norman
17-10-2013, 22:10
Looking at begining a Wood Elves army as I've always loved the fluff and the models. I'm hoping this will be vaguely competative whilst maintaining the fey fluff I've incorporated. That of a Druidess with her entourage.

Lord: Spellweaver Level 4, Glamourweave kindred, on a unicorn, with divination orb and Amaranthine Brooch. Using Lore of life (or beasts if required)
395pts

Heroes: Noble, Wildrider kindred on a stag with the Dawn Spear and potion of foolhardiness
200pts

Core:
20 Glade Guard Standard and Champion and Banner of Flame 258pts

Special:
3 Treekin 195pts
10 Wild Riders w/FCG and the razor standard 341pts

Rare:
Treeman 285pts
Great Eagle 50pts

1998pts in total.

General plan would be to keep the Sorc back to buff my units, archers to present a nice opportunity whilst the Treeman, Treekin and wild rider outflank and smash things! The great Eagle is a warmachine hunter. my 2 units of Dryads would work in tandem to take down any large infantry block with double flank charges or to support the other Forest spirits. My noble mounted on a Stag leads the wild rider in a 6x2 formation hopefully enough to crush anything on the charge but if not his Dawnspear will offer them some good protection until another hammer unit can join the fight, the razor standard also allows them to confidently charge heavy armoured units.

So what are your thoughts?!

Consider swapping the dawn spear for the moonstone, redeploying a WR unit on T1 will be a nasty shock for your opponent.

I'm a little concerned that your Spellweaver doesn't just cost a lot more points than normal because of the unicorn, she also has nowhere to hide, which is much more of a problem. Also while stag nobles aren't awful, they're definitely not the best way to run a noble.

Something else I would mention; I personally would be very nervous a out running only 20 archers, I usually have around double that at 2k, but I don't really see what else you can drop other than the character mounts.

outbreak
18-10-2013, 01:24
needs a second treeman!