PDA

View Full Version : 2400 points Dark elves

Mullitron
20-10-2013, 08:01
Hi all :) I recently created this list and was interested on the what the more learned of you thought, At the moment I'am planning on taking the lore of dark magic for the supreme sorceress and placing her in the executioners, relying on the threat of the unit itself and her black amulet to keep her alive. Scroll caddy may take shadow but haven't really settled on lore selection, any guidance or opinions on the list would be appreciated, thank you.

Supreme sorceress
lvl 4
the black amulet

Heroes:260

Master
bsb
heavy armour
sea dragon cloak
enchanted shield
dawnstone
sword of might

sorceress
scroll

Core:600

30 corsairs
fc
additional hand weapons

5 dark riders
musician
herald
shields
repeater crossbows

5 dark riders
musician
herald
shields
repeater crossbows

Special:850

30 executioners
fc

5 Shades
great weapons

5 Shades
great weapons

Reaper bolt thrower

Reaper bolt thrower

Reaper bolt thrower

Reaper bolt thrower

Rare:410

kharibdyss

5 Warlocks

5 Warlocks

Total: 2400

naloth
20-10-2013, 22:37
I'm going to guess that neither Watchtower nor B&G figure into your battle plan?

Lvl4 and BSB are pretty solid. I'd take Beast, Life, or even Dark on the Lvl1 to get the signature spell since all three are useful. Miasma is a good spell but knocking off WS/I won't really matter with ASF re-rolls and high I, you can use he Warlock Soulblights for -1 S/T instead of trying to get Enfeebling/Withering, and the swap lore benefit won't help you much since there's not much you will want to swap her with. There's the much discussed "suicide lvl1" if you want to give him the Tome to choose one particular spell rather than planning on a signature spell. I'd also come up with points to add a Power Stone to your lvl4 since you can't count on having dice.

If you're planning to horde the corsairs, handbows sound more useful and you can use them to bunker your lvl4 or lvl1 w/o planning on engaging in much combat. Tons of shots, decent CC, and a Sorc for support would make them a nice general choice. Picking up 38-76 ranged shots in exchange for 9 CC attacks is a pretty good deal. If you bunker the lvl1 and BSB with the Corsairs then horde them, you can use the Earthblood to give them regeneration or Wyssam's to make them +1S/T.

I'd find points to give the Shades repeater xbows. I'm not entirely sold on GW either since 5 S5 attacks at I (no re-rolls) isn't that intimidating. Dual CC for attacking war machines or lots of xbow shots is how I use them.

The 4xRBT and the 2xWarlock units are nasty.

The Kharibdyss is an ok choice, but he looks somewhat out of place in this army. One somewhat slow and fragile monster won't accomplish much. He needs a partner, cover, or support magic to make him work. At best you can hope an opponent will overlook him. Perhaps dual Medusa instead?

Mullitron
21-10-2013, 08:32
Thanks for the tips, So if I swap the great weapons on the shades for extra hand weapons (they come with crossbows already), change the ahw on corsairs to handbows and drop the kharibdyss. That would leave me points to add perhaps a small unit 12 darkshards with flaming banner?

naloth
21-10-2013, 13:09
Thanks for the tips, So if I swap the great weapons on the shades for extra hand weapons (they come with crossbows already), change the ahw on corsairs to handbows and drop the kharibdyss. That would leave me points to add perhaps a small unit 12 darkshards with flaming banner?

Those certainly seem to make it a stronger army. Faced with it, most armies will need to close fast (since you're shooting heavy) while trying to avoid the strong block of executioners. The executioners will be good against most things provided they can strike first (fragile) or you can keep up defensive magic.

AUN'SHI
21-10-2013, 17:24
Hi all :) I recently created this list and was interested on the what the more learned of you thought, At the moment I'am planning on taking the lore of dark magic for the supreme sorceress and placing her in the executioners, relying on the threat of the unit itself and her black amulet to keep her alive. Scroll caddy may take shadow but haven't really settled on lore selection, any guidance or opinions on the list would be appreciated, thank you.

Supreme sorceress
lvl 4
the black amulet

Heroes:260

Master
bsb
heavy armour
sea dragon cloak
enchanted shield
dawnstone
sword of might

sorceress
scroll

Core:600

30 corsairs
fc
additional hand weapons

5 dark riders
musician
herald
shields
repeater crossbows

5 dark riders
musician
herald
shields
repeater crossbows

Special:850

30 executioners
fc

5 Shades
great weapons

5 Shades
great weapons

Reaper bolt thrower

Reaper bolt thrower

Reaper bolt thrower

Reaper bolt thrower

Rare:410

kharibdyss

5 Warlocks

5 Warlocks

Total: 2400

Why the black amulet you want to accept challanges with you mage? take the 4+ talisman

Also keep double handed weapon on the shades they are great like that. Your list is solid. Oh and take the shields off your dark riders they loose fast cave you really only need them as chafe units no need to even take the champ save some point to better your other units.

Don Zeko
21-10-2013, 17:36
Dark Riders no longer lose fast cav by taking shields, so you want to take them every time. 4+ is a pretty darn good save for that sort of unit and it only costs 5 points for the whole unit.