PDA

View Full Version : Mounted Wood Elven Spellweaver

Elly_Banearrow
20-10-2013, 17:52
I hope this is the right place to be asking this, but I am in need of a mounted Spellweaver/Spellsinger. I just want a female caster on either a horse or a unicorn, I'd rather her not have a sword, but a nice staff would work. There is a forum on Asrai.org but a lot of those websites/links don't work anymore and I couldn't find a model I liked.

If anyone can help me find this kind of a model, please post or send me a pm with a link to the site where the model is located at. Also any other model company I can look into that would be able to be used in Warhammer fantasy battles is welcome to.

the_picto
20-10-2013, 18:05
Morathi. She's on a pegasus with a horn. Leave off the wings, swap the end of her staff for something more wood elf and give her a loin cloth and "bra". Word quite well when I did it. The horns on the dark pegasus even look like wood.

Gustav Kohn
20-10-2013, 19:55
You could also use a glade rider modified. I made a greenstuff horn for the unicorne to differentiate it. Put the legs of the Glade Rider and then use the finecast top of a spellsinger.

SteveW
20-10-2013, 20:03
Bretonian unicorn with a damsel works well enough.

Rakariel
20-10-2013, 20:03
You can also use the peg sorceress from gamezone miniatures. Don`t use the wings and you have a better looking model than morathi (imo!) which costs a third of the price.

Elly_Banearrow
21-10-2013, 03:00
Thanks guys, I will for sure consider these options. Just a note though, I'm not very good at conversions because I've never done one before and barely used greenstuff. I'll look into that gamezone min webpage, thanks.

cyberspite
21-10-2013, 13:49
You might also be able to find the old mounted mage on eBay, pretty sure comes with sword and staff though. Just swap the old horse for a new style glade rider one, no converting necessary.

popisdead
21-10-2013, 17:12
Look on eBay for the 5th edition mounted spell caster. Just put him on a new horse and you're done!

Elly_Banearrow
22-10-2013, 12:12
Yea, but that staff is all chunky and ugly! Lol I'm looking for a swift ad deadly spellcaster similar to the ones WE have already.....just mounted. Am I asking for too much?

popisdead
22-10-2013, 19:57
Well you can convert that.

Elly_Banearrow
22-10-2013, 20:33
I've never converted anything before....ever. Not sure how good I would be at it.

But a little off topic how anyone noticed a lot of weird things on the GW website? I noticed recently that it seems Wood Elves have fewer character models on their website, and also there are not horses (or anything of note really) in their bitz section. Is there a thread on the GW discussion forum I should post this to?