PDA

View Full Version : SST: Slingshot soon to be released

Col_Stone
06-06-2006, 13:44
here (http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniature/detail.php?qsID=1038&qsSerhip%20Troopersies=Stars)

A thread on their forum says that the
Tac Fighter (http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1006&qsSeries=26) is due out in september!

I know i'll get some,, both my imperial guard and Cap troopers want air support

Hlokk
06-06-2006, 14:10
BooYaa!!!

I can't wait for the dropships. You get 2 to a box, and they work out around 40 per box, so thats 20 a piece. Bite me forgeworld!!!

To be honest, you'd have thought there would have been a plastic dropship or fighter released by someone prior wouldnt you? Theres definitely the demand for it.

Col_Stone
06-06-2006, 17:00
they are reasonably priced imho, don't really know about size but mongoose don't seem to be afraid to throw out *Big* kits, just look at the plasma bug:D

Hlokk
06-06-2006, 17:40
The thing about mongoose is their sculps vary drastically in quality, from the superb arachnid warriors and plasma bug, to the terrible skinnies and MI CAP troopers.

I'll agree with though, 30 for a plastic fighter at least as big and detailed as a forgeworld one is superb.

Col_Stone
06-06-2006, 17:52
Sure is,, and the vehicles (marauders) so far are quite good..
but the sculpting is varied(from great to,, what were they thinking) on the infantry,, still they are quite cheap too:)

shaw3029
08-06-2006, 14:20
Ive got alot of mongoose's starship troopers stuff. And Id have to say the sculpts arnt that bad at all.

The arachnids are great. Nothing wrong with them at all.

The Mobile infantry are also great. there different from space marines and the likes. But there not bad at all. The pictures that mongoose has on the website dont do them justice at all. There a hell of a lot better in real life. A hell of alot better!!!

The reason why some of the other sculpts are dodgy isnt actually because of the sculpts themselves. The chas is a great model. But because of the manufacturing process and the problem they are having with the company that produces them some of the molds are really crappy. Thats why the Light armoured infantry are now metal instead of plastic.

If you was to buy a chas unit or somthing similiar and the mold was messed up mongoose will more than happily send you the replacement parts. The customer service is second to none, The best of the best in my opinion. Never had a single problem

Rabid Bunny 666
08-06-2006, 14:29
It carries 12 men, so i'll need 2 for my MI Ground Pounders, the CHAS will have to walk though :D

Kasrkin
08-06-2006, 14:48
Lookin forward to this... I always liked the landing craft in the movie. I'll be getting a pair of Skyhooks and a Viking for sure!

Jedi152
08-06-2006, 14:49
I'm one step closer to playing Starship Troopers.

The Light MI and ships from the films are just what i want.

MAD MAN-A-TRON
08-06-2006, 15:18
Awesome, just awesome

Air Assault Troopers HERE I COME HOOHAAAH!!!

Col_Stone
09-06-2006, 04:05
shaw3029, i like most of the stuff as well, and you're probably right abourt the picture things,, i tried saying that about the leader of slaves on their forum and got flamed all the way to frothers unite;)

The Chas is superb, a true joy to paint.. it feels so friendly:D

I am a little confused tho as to why they send 2 in a box,, you can only have 1 in a priority 1 platoon and none at higher priorities.. well i',m not complaining about that.. will probably pick up more than 2 anyway.. i love air-assets

N0-1_H3r3
09-06-2006, 08:58
I am a little confused tho as to why they send 2 in a box,, you can only have 1 in a priority 1 platoon and none at higher priorities.. well i',m not complaining about that.. will probably pick up more than 2 anyway.. i love air-assets
Well, at PL1, a platoon is relatively cheap - you don't have the full array of support options. It's quite easy to buy a second platoon (you can, afterall, have 1 platoon per 1000pts).

Even then, the 2 to a box is in regards to the Slingshot - which is 0-2 at PL2 and 0-3 at PL3 (the Skyhook and the Viking are the ones limited to 0-1 each at PL1). The Slingshot's more versatile anyway (several loadouts, up to 20 size points of passengers of up to size 4 each, and it's own ordnance), and only if you're deploying lots of Cap Troopers, LAMI or exosuits in one go is a Viking really worthwhile, and the Skyhook's just a tiny little squad transport, really.

VanHel
11-06-2006, 03:58
I'm going to buy several boxes of these. Not only for my MI, but also for 40k.