PDA

View Full Version : demon of chaos questions

fishound7
21-10-2013, 04:17
ok here is the situation.

A killy unit charges say furies. 4 out of 5 furies die, last one dies to instability. Does the charging unit get to overun? I assume yes but I don't know.

Are monsters(such as juggernaughts, and discs of tzeentch) from WOC book affected by winds of magic rolls? I assume no since the mounts in Woc do not have the instability rule.

Althwen
21-10-2013, 06:51
Yes you get to overrun. (The FAQ argued both ways one time or another, but currently it states that you CAN overrun)

I don't know the exact wording of the special rules concerning the winds of magic rolls. However, if WoC are your enemy, then all of the enemy's units are affected anyway, and it doesn't matter whether they're marked units of chaos or empire units for example.
If this pertains to being allied with a WoC player and how the table would affect them then... I was wondering the same myself :)

Evil Hypnotist
21-10-2013, 18:28
Only models with the Daemonic Instability, Daemon of (x) and Mark of (x) special rules are affected by the Reign of Chaos. Unless the WoC units are marked then they are unaffected by the table. Also, none of the WoC mounts have any of these rules, not even the Juggernauts, Steeds of Slaanesh or Discs of Tzeentch.

furrie
21-10-2013, 18:47
Only models with the Daemonic Instability, Daemon of (x) and Mark of (x) special rules are affected by the Reign of Chaos. Unless the WoC units are marked then they are unaffected by the table. Also, none of the WoC mounts have any of these rules, not even the Juggernauts, Steeds of Slaanesh or Discs of Tzeentch.
but there riders do

Saldiven
22-10-2013, 00:05

Incorrect. All enemy models are affected by the RoC table. From the GW FAQ:

Q: On rolls of 5, 6, 8 and 9 on the Reign of Chaos table (namely
Storm of Fire, Rot, Glorious Rot, the Dark Prince Thirsts and
Khorne’s Wrath), do you roll for all enemy units,or only for those
that include models and/or Marks from the rival Chaos God? (p27)

A: You roll for all enemy units.

fishound7
22-10-2013, 00:50
KK thanks for linking the Faq that clears things up.

Saldiven
22-10-2013, 02:08
KK thanks for linking the Faq that clears things up.

NP.

It was a source of much debate before the FAQ came out.

Unfortunately, they haven't bothered to address any of the other 30-odd questions that were submitted....

Evil Hypnotist
22-10-2013, 07:06
Apologies, those cursed FAQs always catch me out :)