PDA

View Full Version : The old 2nd Ed Ork Dread base...

Xuri-n
21-10-2013, 13:02
Right, this is something of a long shot I know, and takes a little explaining.

Long ago GW released warhammer 40,000 with card buildings and a card stand up ork dreadnought, seen here (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/b/bf/2nd_Edition_Set.jpg) in the centre.

How I miss these days in many ways, but fast forward to the current dilemma, and my asking the community this,
I need some of these bases for a project, does any one have any ideas what they are called and where I can get them?

It's not a directly linked to 40k project, but I'm hoping someone out there will be able to help!

Menthak
21-10-2013, 13:08
Just wondering. Why can't you make your own? From what I can see it's a piece of card with a print-out of a dread?

ntw3001
21-10-2013, 13:19
It's the base he needs, not the dread. And I uh can't help sorry! Not with only my phone for internet.

Grimbad
21-10-2013, 13:49
If you google 'card stand game part' you'll get some relevant results. There's lots of shops that sell generic board game components like these.

zoggin-eck
21-10-2013, 14:00
I find one occasionally among my bases, so they must have been used in other games, too.

As usual, EM4 have something useful:

http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/GAME_AIDS.html

At 20mm, not as large, perhaps? I seem to recall the dreadnought base was essentially a 25mm 40k base with the card holder. These on a 40k base could work.

Having said that, unless you need heaps of them, you could make your own with spare bases and plastic.

Beppo1234
21-10-2013, 14:11
any game that should have miniatures, but is too cheap to put them in the box, usually has these. It's those games where minis would work, but they give you cardboard cut outs instead. Should be pretty generic, and easily found on ebay

T10
21-10-2013, 14:23
I need some of these bases for a project, does any one have any ideas what they are called and where I can get them?

I'm almost certain I've got a few of those lying around, but I can't quite remember where they came from. Did the Bloodbowl game come with cardboard cut-out star players?

-T10

A.T.
21-10-2013, 15:25
IIRC they were used for the doors in the original spacehulk game, might help you locate more.

Xuri-n
21-10-2013, 23:43
Thanks so far everyone, got a fee more google searches to try now :)

Angelwing
22-10-2013, 10:12
IIRC its the same as the bases in the 4th ed fantasy box (for eltharion and grom the paunch) and I think the same for the 2nd ed space hulk doors. i should have a load of the space hulk doors in the loft, I'll have to have a look.

zoggin-eck
22-10-2013, 12:11
...I think the same for the 2nd ed space hulk doors. i should have a load of the space hulk doors in the loft, I'll have to have a look.

Ah, yes it did. I was about to say it didn't, but I was thinking Space Crusade (although Advanced Space Crusade did).

Rated_lexxx
22-10-2013, 12:53
if you don't mind me asking, what are you doing with them?

TheFang
22-10-2013, 16:26
Lots of RPG players use printed out paper minis and there are lots of bases available.

Stuff like this (http://www.litko.net/products/Paper-Miniature-Bases.html#.Umam1lOi9td)? Available in different colours and sizes.

Xuri-n
23-10-2013, 10:21
It's a dual headed project really, paper minis for one, but also dreaming up a way to stand and clip multi level buildings etc together.
Thanks again everyone, plenty of links to what I wanted