PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Skaven, as stinky as possible

Typo
24-10-2013, 08:41
Thought exercise for you...

How Cheesy can we make a Skaven list? I want this thing to reek so bad that people down the road have to hold their breath.

Dual Hellpits are fairly obvious.

Power Scrolled 13th or Plague as a sneaky "I'm low on power dice, but look - warpstone tokens and PScroll" casting.

The Warlocks are obvious - DR is a must, BO is situational, but can wreak serious havoc on Dwarfs, Ogres, Nurgle, etc.

PWM are still my favourite weapons team. Clanrats providing two reasonable bunkers for my characters.

Gutter runners as warmachine / chaff hunters.

Pair of Rat darts (using points up / chaff)

4 small units of Slaves to hold up opposing units.

Grey Seer 320
- Power Scroll
- Talisman of Preservation

Warlock 45
- Doomrocket

Warlock 65
- Brass Orb

Chieftain 70
- BSB

40 Clanrats - 265
- Shield
- Banner / Musician
- Poison Wind Mortar

40 Clanrats - 265
- Shield
- Banner / Musician
- Poison Wind Mortar

20 Skaven Slaves 160
20 Skaven Slaves 160
20 Skaven Slaves 160
20 Skaven Slaves 160

1 packmaster + 6 Giant Rats - 26
1 packmaster + 7 Giant Rats - 29

5 Gutter Runners 95
- Poison / Slings

5 Gutter Runners 95
- Poison / Slings

5 Gutter Runners 95
- Poison / Slings

Hellpit 235

Hellpit 235

Within the limit of 2000 points, is it possible to make this nastier?

Thanks!

Shadoer
28-10-2013, 14:05
Well to be quite honest, this list isn't that bad or even cheesy. The worst thing you have going is the double Hellpit Abominations and they aren't nearly as good as they used to be.

1. 20 Slaves won't hold much of anything for long. What you want are blocks of 50-100 in ranks of 5, that should ensure your opponent will get stuck in them. In the meantime you should pummel them with artillery.

2. Drop the packmasters, upgrade your Skaven Clanrats to Storm Vermin. The extra Strength and WS are worth it.

3. Instead of taking a Power Scroll, stuff your Grey Seerer with a Power Stone and every Warp Stone Token you can fit on him. That will allow him to have 1 or 2 Magic Phases where he'll be able to greatly outpace your opponent in Power Dice.

daftpunkevo
22-11-2013, 07:55
Hi Typo,
Where is your hitting power ? i cant see any. Also 20ish slaves are useless... or at least i can't see a use for them they will hold nothing against any decent combat unit : no steadfast no hitting power.. ?
Like Shadoer said go for a 5*10deep or 5*20deep and hold the hardest unit for the entire game.

The two hellpit are the only "nasty" unit there, and they are not that nasty... things like the new kharibdyss will kill them pretty reliably in 1 turn, even if they die in return, they are 100points less.
Look at tournament list and go for hordes of Storm Vermin or Plague Monks :)