Rare =410 pts
---------------------------------------------------------------
Ancient stegadon 250 pts
Sharpened horns
2 salamnaders 160 pts
Total = 2498 pts
I think I start playing a few games with this list to see how is going and change/optimize it along the way
What do you guys think?

Leinadgsxr
24-10-2013, 18:15
That looks like a fun list to me. I used to collect LM years a go. This is tempting me to get some again.

lexieflexie
24-10-2013, 19:07
you should try them again
if you still have the models there is no reason not to give it a try

lexieflexie
24-10-2013, 19:08
you should try them again
if you still have the models there is no reason not to give it a try

3eland
24-10-2013, 19:51
I've played many games since our new book came out and would like to share my own {bias} opinion on your list :D

Is the Saurus list going to form a horde? I used to run them in a horde of 40 but lately I have been changing it up and running them in units of 30 (6x5). Since we are always going to attack last and the Slann no longer has Loremaster anything (just High magic now) it's actually a waste of model to only go 10x4 since spears give you an extra rank and then the horde rule gives you a further rank. Once your back line starts depleting then really your stuck with just the spear benefit. Now, back when the Slann was "broken" and you were able to regenerate any models you lost and stick them with T8, yeah...

Not to say it won't work! I know many armies have a hard time getting through it, but with the huge footprint and lack of movement speed most armies will just go around and straight to your Slann. OR, they will send in something they know will break and run away, forcing you to follow (due to our new rule) unless your Skink priest is within 6", this also limits what your Skink can do if it has to babysit such a huge horde. If the plan is for the Skink to babysit, I would get Beasts rather than Heavens, that signature spell will come in handy! Even if you two dice it on your Saurus, your opponent will most likely try to dispel it as they are S4/T4 already, being S5/T5 will eat through almost anything.

I would try and get a dispel scroll on your Skink priest, with the amount of Level 4's I have seen fielded in my own experience, that dispel scroll can really help and it's only 25 points, definitely worth it's value in this edition. Even if it means saving your dispel dice for that BIG spell you know your opponent is going to throw out.

Most people think I am crazy but I never go full command with the Saurus Warriors. I always just take a Musician and Standard Bearer. For 10 extra points you get 1 more attack and the ability to challenge? That 10 points could go towards another model. Unless you plan on sticking a character you don't want to see challenges in the unit I'd probably drop the champion. Most people think "it's 1 model, who cares?" Well, that 1 model helps fill 1 S4/T4 wound at the back of the unit, which could help in the long run. Compared to a 21 point champion that only has an extra attack and the ability to challenge. To me, personally, it's not worth the extra guy. But of course, to each their own (10 points is also almost half a dispel scroll ;))

Skink Skirmishers, I find are a must in any Lizardmen army so having 3 units of 10 is good. Double tapping those blowpipes have made my opponents cringe seeing 20 dice, 6's auto-wounding!

With the new cool rules of the Slann and Temple Guard, 20 is a good number, I run between 20-26 depending on what I am up against and point values. Temple Guard is a must take champion, especially since the Slann is in it. If you know your facing armies that will be attacking before you, I would suggest taking the ASF sword on the champion, you wouldn't believe how many times it has helped against those pesky High Elves. If you don't see yourself getting into close combat then don't worry!

Stegadons are good to run, I always take an ancient and if I can an engine. But having two Stegadons in a list will definitely make an impact (ha ha).

8 Kroxigor is a HUGE point sink, having the ASL special rule and Predatory Fighter, your going to see most opponents throw things at it that will break and run, and once again, if your Skink Priest isn't 6" to babysit they are going to be running after it. I've personally have never run a unit that big so who knows, it may work good in this edition, I also believe that the 400 points could go towards something else that will be more threatening. Even 5 naked Cold One Riders are 150 points and I have taken care of many an enemy with them. Their high toughness and awesome armour save keeps them alive more often than many think. Plus, having two attacks and the Cold One having two attacks is just too good. Most people get scared when they see Stupidity... but on 3 dice, LD8, the chance of failing it is very low (I personally have yet to fail it), if you have a BSB around they also get the reroll.

Salamanders are, well Salamanders. I like to run at least 2 of them. Losing march and Shoot though sucks, but, they can still bring a lot of pain.

So yeah, my constructive(?) criticism on your list. I feel it would still do fairly well, but will be limited in what you can do. Now, it also depends on what armies you play against, I only have experience vs High Elves, Ogres, Vampire Counts, Skaven, Warriors of Chaos and Daemons.

My .02

3eland

lexieflexie
24-10-2013, 23:46
Thanks for sharing your thoughts
I am planning to field the saurus 6x6 but I had some point over so that’s wy they are 38
As for the champion, I do think I can miss him and save me some more points

The skink priest is for babysitting my saurus and time will tell me how to use him best
As for the krox, this is what I think is not a easy decision between them and saurus cav

My krox in total have 24 wound and 24 attack S7
Now the cav is a little cheaper (10x, + command) but then I only have 10 body’s

So I have to try them both to see what’s it gone be.

3eland
25-10-2013, 00:39
Thanks for sharing your thoughts
I am planning to field the saurus 6x6 but I had some point over so that’s wy they are 38
As for the champion, I do think I can miss him and save me some more points

The skink priest is for babysitting my saurus and time will tell me how to use him best
As for the krox, this is what I think is not a easy decision between them and saurus cav

My krox in total have 24 wound and 24 attack S7
Now the cav is a little cheaper (10x, + command) but then I only have 10 body’s

So I have to try them both to see what’s it gone be.

Yeah, like I said I have never ran that many Kroxigor before. Let me/us know how well they run. I love the models and would love an excuse to field so many my opponent pees himself!

MOMUS
25-10-2013, 00:49
From the top;

I think the sceptre is a waste, why not try the channelling staff? Soul of stone is also meh IMO but probably good cuz youre running the TG. Beasts would be good on the priest as you could get double wildform with your slann, spears I think are maybe a mistake with the saurus but YMMV.
3 units of skinks is maybe too much, if youre using them as chaff maybe upgrade some to chameleons or try terradons instead?
Kroxigor... I just think there is so much in special that is so much better than these guys.
Split the sallies into two separate units, much more flexible that way and an extra deployment drop.

Myster2
25-10-2013, 01:08
I tried 6 kroxigor and even walked between worlds into the enemies back ranks and found thier production to not be very worthwhile. The problem is that with the low leadership and toughness they break easy and with them always attacking last you lose models that need to swing back very quickly. I believe there is something to be said about thier high movement though and they could be used better i just couldn't find a good situation for them.

I instead use duel ancient stegs but then again i just really like the stegadon model :).

Also even if you don't want to use your priest as a dispel caddy switch to beasts for wildform. That spell is exceptionally strong for lizardmen and being able to double cast it makes just about anything cry. (S6 T6 saurus with PF?)