PDA

View Full Version : Rules that we always forget.

Lordcypress
27-10-2013, 21:27
Rules that we awesome players and all knowing veterans forget during game play:

I'll start it off.

1. I never remember to use the Waagghh with my Orcs and Goblins.

2. I never remember the "Hunger" rule with for my Vampires.

3. The Iron Curse Icon. Can't even remember now how many times I've had 5pts left over after making a list and throw in this item only to never to remember its there.

4. Capturing Standards. I always forget to actually grab the standard from my enemy and put it in the back of my unit. We always have to think back in the game when your calculating Victory Points. Not usually a problem but just yet another thing I forget to do every game.

5. Vanguard. I think about before I play a game but once I get there and deploy my stuff its forgotten. Very annoying.

Praznagar
27-10-2013, 21:57
We always forget fear tests!

MOMUS
27-10-2013, 22:32
I forgot about predatory fighter for a whole game once :(

Liability
27-10-2013, 22:43
Is it bad that I nearly always forget 5 out of the 7 things on here and the other two I just don't have armies for?

I still always forget steadfast.

Treg Almighty
27-10-2013, 23:35
Lore attributes... I always forget to use them. I dont think I have ever used the one in the big waagh :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Catflap
27-10-2013, 23:53
When i fail to dispell with my lvl 4 i keep dispelling with my lvl 4 in the same round instead of my lvl 2. I keep forgetting that. I also always forget to take a stupidity tests with Sigvalt. :(

bigbiggles
28-10-2013, 01:32
Monster reaction table. Maybe because I've used it twice in 12 years.
-1 to hit items before opponent is rolling to wound.
Combat reforms before moving to another combat or game turn even.
Throwing weapon distace/str.
If rivers cancel steadfast, ranks, or both.
Template attacks on occupied buildings.

dementian
28-10-2013, 03:46
-Stupidity on my Cold Ones/Scar Vet on Cold One.
-That my unit with flaming banner causes fear to cav/warbeasts/etc
-Fear in general
-To do combat reforms

bigbiggles
28-10-2013, 04:08
Oh yeah, flaming does have that effect....

Piercefierce
28-10-2013, 06:36
stupidity
rampage.
I always forget what turn it is. (i have a counter but i forget to use it)
to allocate attacks against characters. (i always think about this before i roll. by the time i start adding up attacks i forget and as soon as i throw the dice i remeber again before they even settle. VERY frustrating, often game changing)
to move...disc characters/furies/nurglings or any such unit that is small or often on a flank or just generally harder to spot.
Combat reforms

otherwise your list was eerily similar to myn.

Artinam
28-10-2013, 08:43
I usually forget the broken concentration rule for when you fail to dispel.

Metacarpi
28-10-2013, 11:46
Stupidity, Lore effects, I always tend to forget units that I've deployed as scouts as well, so they often end up spending a couple of turns doing nothing!

Smogg
28-10-2013, 13:22
Rolling Spells before starting deployment
Vanguard Moves
Frenzy charge checks
Cold Ones Stupidity
The Hunger for Vampires
Konrad von Carstein - One bat short rolls.
Potions that you use in the beginning of your turn.

dalezzz
28-10-2013, 13:44
To shoot with the pistol I bought for my empire captain!
And killing and capturing a standard bearer when they run...also fear... And pretty much all of the above!

Blkc57
28-10-2013, 16:12
I never remember the "Hunger" rule with for my Vampires.

Mother of Sigmar! I've just started playing VC for the last two months and when I first read this thread I had no idea what the Hunger rule was because I had never seen any other VC player use it.

Malagor
28-10-2013, 16:16
Fear tests
That Beastigors steal the banners of the units they destroy.
Stomp and thunderstomp

Ghorros Ghorrosson
28-10-2013, 16:58
Panic checks within 6" of friendly unit that break from combat.
Terror tests when charged.

Wesser
28-10-2013, 18:15
The Hunger is number one... did you ever hear of anyone WHO got a wound back from that?

Oh and the Balefire upgrade on my Corpse Cart. Never remember stuff like that

WizzyWarlock
28-10-2013, 18:29
We always forget fear tests!
This. Though lately I've been hammering it into my head so I'm on a 50/50 chance of remembering now. :)

In_Fiction
28-10-2013, 18:59
The combat ones for me, specifically Fear tests and Hatred from my Warrior Priests. You'd think I'd remember the Hatred since I have the Warrior Priest for that specifically!

Catflap
28-10-2013, 20:43
Sometimes i'm so eager to do the close combat that i'm forgetting the magic and shooting fase completely.

outbreak
28-10-2013, 21:19
fear, failed dispel attempts break concentration, steadfast, assaulting war machines doesn't let you use all you models to attack, stone throwers can fire indirectly

I've also played multiple games with my night goblins where for some reason I kept thinking magic mushrooms made you take a wound any time a 1 was rolled on the mushroom dice.

I also tend to forget in my head that forests don't slow you down anymore, I'll just naturally be avoiding them from previous editions only to have an enemy move into them and then I realise that I've reverted back a few years in rules

Aramir
28-10-2013, 21:19
- Swapping magic and shooting phases (specially when i brought a lot of hellblasters/cannons for some gunpowder fest).
- Fear from the DGK
- Terror on the charge
- Moving that unit in the corner of the board...

Lance Tankmen
29-10-2013, 00:32
i forget magic phase and units that are out of the way, otherwise i fought VC too long to forget fear. and he always rolled for hunger with his blender

SteveW
29-10-2013, 05:30
fear tests and lore attributes. I could have turned a game around with lifebloom and rolling skies had i ever remembered to use them.

I play against VC at least once a week, what is "the hunger"?...lol

Kingly
29-10-2013, 12:39
Coming from 40k I always forget the turn order, which often bites me in the **** when it comes to actually charging. ;)

Romark
29-10-2013, 13:25
Stupidity. Every single time. Back when i collected Beastmen my Centigors got off scot free, now it's my Cold One Knights. I'll often remember on turn 4, and out of decency i'll roll several LD tests (though, if i fail one we arent undoing a few turns!). Use Inquisitor Dice. They roll 1's like you wouldn't believe!

SanDiegoSurrealist
29-10-2013, 18:04
1. Testing to march if enemy within 8".
2. Reign of Chaos table.
3. -1 to Hit Nurgle
4. Monstrous Infantry Stomps

Knighted
29-10-2013, 20:33
Potion of Foolhardiness.

boli
29-10-2013, 21:03
Luckstone its a points tax!

madden
29-10-2013, 21:39
Fear and stomp I always forget these, which is nuts as I play ogres oh and the lore attibute. On a side note I'm using my vamps this weekend so I'll try to remember hunger, fear and unstable.

SimaoSegunda
29-10-2013, 22:06
-1 to hit river trolls.
Spells failing if you get a 1 on the mushroom dice.
Parry saves being affected by The Other Trickster's Shard.

bigbiggles
30-10-2013, 05:26
( if we used them) magical terrain rules/what we rolled when checking

Romark
30-10-2013, 08:34
1. Testing to march if enemy within 8".
2. Reign of Chaos table.
3. -1 to Hit Nurgle
4. Monstrous Infantry Stomps

I forgot this was a thing...

NoodleDoodle
30-10-2013, 20:47
Got to add that you can't make parry saves against impact hits..gah
Chariots can't march..seriously they can't...
Can choose spells if I roll a duplicate...(why!!!)

In_Fiction
31-10-2013, 13:30
Another one I forgot to mention (lol) is the new Skirmisher rules. I played Wood Elves quite a bit in 6th and 7th, took a long break and just recently used Skirmishers and didn't realize they nerfed the rules like they did. The worst was me thinking they'd have 360 line of sight. Took awhile to adjust to the change for me.

SkawtheFalconer
31-10-2013, 14:24
Went through an entire 6 game tourney not too long ago without remembering my Chaos Knights had a Razor banner. Fortunately it didn't matter too much as most of my opponents were quite low armour races and I still came 12th out of 80, but I do wonder if I'd have placed higher without that 45 point handicap. :P

I also almost never remember Fear.

Richmt11
01-11-2013, 12:16
I like forgetting little tricks and trinkets and banners. it helps to improve my list because it's like we'll I always forget it to I might as well leave it at home and take ssomething else!

danny-d-b
01-11-2013, 13:16
random moves/generating steam points

the amount of time I get to my steam tank and go

"O *&%$"$!"

I've taking to writing STEAM TANK!!!! in various places on my army list in the hope one day I'll go through a game without forgetting it

Dark Side Duke
01-11-2013, 14:52
random moves/generating steam points

the amount of time I get to my steam tank and go

"O *&%$"$!"

I've taking to writing STEAM TANK!!!! in various places on my army list in the hope one day I'll go through a game without forgetting it
Just call it the "Stank Phase" Very little to do other than generating steam points for steak tanks for Empire at the beginning of the turn. 3x5 note card with the turn order on it works for me. Helps with remembering the movement phase order too.

kylek2235
01-11-2013, 15:14
1. Definitely the Ironcurse Icon. Whenever I have 5 extra points, it goes into the list.... and then gets forgotten. I don't think I've ever rolled for its save and its in about half of my total 8th ed lists.

2. Vanguard. Since my primary army doesn't have much in the way of vanguarding, my other armies suffer.

I intentionally forget fear tests all the time. Not for me, but for my opponent. Does that count? If they're ld9 and have a bsb near by, it's not worth the few minutes a game to bug them about it. Ld8 or less with a bsb or no bsb at all, I bother.

Nerd Knight
01-11-2013, 21:05
I always forget to roll for fear (not intentionally). Lately i've had a few great opponents remind me so i've gotten better, but its still rare when I remember myself.

I used to always forget when I had cast spell buffs or hexes, but since then I've created tokens to represent each spell which has gone a LONG way in reminding me during critical moments in the game.

I occasionally have a hard time of keeping track of wounds on characters, as sometimes the wound counters I put beside my knight unit but forget to move it along. I've been thinking about creating a laminated "Character sheet" with each character's stats, items (so I don't forget to use those damn potions), and little boxes for their wounds that I can use a dry erase marker to track. I got that idea from playing warmachine hordes.

Imperator64
05-11-2013, 19:15
I only ever remember my potions when I actually need to use them, never at the start of the turn.

Senor
14-11-2013, 20:23
I tend to forget small things. Every game something else in the thick of the battle. And when I am home and replaying the game, this moment pops-up in my mind and I ....aaargh.

For instance with my last 2 battles I forgot the following:
My mournfang on the flee. Roll a 8, trying to pass a rally test. I check the stats again and it states Ld7. So I roll to flee further and go over the edge.... later at home I think about the musician...aargh
Charge a unit and at the end of CC, it is a tye, together with musicians and all... next turn he charges in with an anvil unit in the side. I break, flee and was ran down.... later at home I'm thinking back on that CC and then it hits me... I was charging downhill.... aaargh.

Oh well...

SteveW
22-11-2013, 19:04
I only ever remember my potions when I actually need to use them, never at the start of the turn.

I have lost count of the times I have had to tell someone they cannot charge then drink that potion of strength.